1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Customization: Body Piercings and/or Tattoos, Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by ruff_ethereal, Oct 21, 2013.

?

Body Piercings and/or Tattoos, Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

88.9%
  2. Nay

11.1%
  1. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

While I personally don't like putting piercings or tattoos on my own characters I'm all for the option to be there. Truly allows more uniqueness and personality to each players' toons.
    I do also like the idea that certain customizations would exist per race. i.e Flowers/twigs to play with for Aurin but not such for the Mechari (though that would look silly in quite an awesome way) who may be able to have a Protostar logo painted on their chest
    (Would like the Aurin to have the option of NOT having a tail band :p)

//OT: Anyone else notice the Aurin female from the opening cinematic (also the one on the left side of the screen has earrings where human ears would be but her ears are on her head? Are they just long earrings that hang down through her hair? <.<
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It's been discussed before and the answer is we have no flippin' clue.
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

For Chua....

Yes, I know they're demented little vermin, but tattooing something covered in fur? Well, doesn't work so well. How would tattoos be handled with them? Spraypaint?

Anyway, I'm going to babble about Aurins for the rest of my post. Because they're better than chua.

Aurin's have a strong natural history and we know they are not completely covered in fur. Tattoos running the gauntlet of tribal designs should be an easy option. Yet let's also remember that armor actually covers the body. So options for tattoos on arms and even the face should be included if you're going to include tattoo options at all. This means that in character creation we need an 'underwear view' of our character in order to pick tattoos. Ideally an option to see how such tattoos shows while wearing different previews of armor in the creation window would be helpful too.

Most all pictures of aurins we have seen has the 'tail band' around their tail. There's a lot of endless decoration options available as it functions essentially like a piece of jewelry. The question becomes one of how is it decorated? Does it changed depending on what kind of armor our character wears? Is it changed dependent on a 'cosmetic' option that has nothing to do with armor? Is it something we can change at all in character creation?

Finally....earrings. Yay!

Giving multiple races options for piercings opens up a wonderful place of customization. Yet Aurin ears just scream for decoration.

On a completely unrelated note....Draken horns. I'm sure the meanest, toughest draken hunter would take it as a point of macho pride to have their horns tattooed. Maybe in a blood red color distilled from their prey. Maybe it could be a right of passage, part of a personal racial storyline for the draken as they move through the game.
    ruff_ethereal and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  4. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

No way no tats or piercings ! My Chua splendid body is a temple.
    No seriously, I want a huge gear earing on that flappy ear and some shaved swear words on my nice silky fur.
    yeahhhhhh!!!
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  5. Drengarblar

Drengarblar New Cupcake

I'm totally down for tats and piercings! However I feel like with armour on it won't really make a difference...
  6. Kiyo

Kiyo Cupcake

Unf unf unf. Most definitely yay.
  7. DanLeMan

DanLeMan New Cupcake

War paint, jewelry and piercings are definitely a must. How else am I going to pimp out my Aurin? ;D
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

GF1_zps3b631a45.png

Earrings on the granok from the last livestream! Yay!

But, what about tattoos? There are the faint little triangle outlines on the left arm. There's also the swirls on the forehead, but that's probably more to the race being granok as opposed to tattoos.
    Jynetik likes this.
  9. Alistair Cain

Alistair Cain Cupcake

I'm all for tattoos and jewellery/piercing options within character customization - the more options given in character creators the better ! (This also includes the option of no tattoos/etc if you so wish, of course).
  10. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Definitely yay. The more options, the better!