1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Racial Customization

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Domi Dayglow, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

We largely know now that customizing our characters at creation is mostly limited to hair colors, facial sliders, and one or two traits based on race (such as type of Draken horns or Aurin ears). Anything else that we could use to make our characters look unique comes from the type of armor they wear and weapon they carry.

What if we had additional cosmetic options as our character progresses? Some of which might even be limited to race? Such options that could be earned through achievements or purchased through a case store. Mostly, I mean jewelry and body decorations.

We could have things like Draken horn piercings. More elaborate ones become available as you advance in level or complete certain tasks. Or earrings for Aurin ears. Most aurins also have that little thing on the end of their tails too. That could be a piece of jewelry. I'm sure a lot of draken would also be into jewelry. What granok would be complete without a collection of tattoos or even tribal tattoos for aurins?

Say your character completes an achievement by defeating 100 Stem Dragons. You get a costmetic item unlock for your race. The Draken get the option of a necklace made from stem dragon fangs! Aurin get a spikey tail jewel. Crazy humans get an earring made from a stem dragon tooth! A granok gets the option for a tattoo of a stem-dragon on their arm!

What's that? You just squished 500 moodie cannibals? Congratulations! Your human character gets a moodie loincloth they can wear as a handkerchief. The draken gets an option to have an impaled moodie skull on one of their horns.
    Carebear Commander and Revon like this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Cool idea but the only accessory-esque feature I would use would be cool tribal tattoos. I hate jewelry of any and all kinds and would stay far away from having any of it on my character. Yuck.

If unlocked customization features would expand on already existing types in the original character creation module, I would be much more interested in unlocking "hornstyle" achievements for example. Hair styles would be a great inclusion to your idea.

Also, this idea necessitates some sort of in-game barbershop.