1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Choose your path!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by souper, Aug 17, 2011.

?

Which path do you choose?

1. Soldier

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Explorer

24 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. Scientist

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. Settler

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. souper

souper Founding Member

One of the key elements of WildStar is the Path system. All of us have different personalities which leads us to play our games differently from one another. Carbine seems to want to address this a bit with their Path system by rewarding us with extra adventures for our preferred playstyle.

So it begs the question: Which path do you choose?

Soldier where facing down insurmountable odds is the only thrill you get?
    Explorer where no nook nor cranny will be left uninvestigated, no stone left unturned?
    Scientist where the only nooks and crannies worth exploring are those that expand the mind?
    Settler where battles, and exploration, and knowledge take second stage to the most important thing: people?

I tend to play healer and support characters so Scientist seems to be up my ally. A few articles suggested that Scientists can gain advantages against monsters in addition to other benefits. If I can utilize that to enhance my team it would be great. Learning about the world's mysteries seems fun too.
    Scrawny likes this.
  2. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I can't even put my vote down; I'm torn between Explorer, Scientist and Settler. If I end up playing (my first impression says I will)... I'll probably suffer from altitis in the beginning.
  3. Flint

Flint Cupcake

From a personal real life perspective I would choose scientist.

Though gameplay wise I'm really hooked on the idea of the explorer.
    Quite honestly I tend to gravitate towards hybrid classes so I don't know, I'll most likely try all of the paths until I find what suits me the best.

If I had to make a choice on the information currently available it would be explorer.
    Then again the soldier also has a nice angle......

Good on carbine studios for making it such a hard choice. :D
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I'll wait on the mechanics of each but right now I'm presuming I'll either go Scientist or Explorer. Not sure what class to pair with them though - need to wait on more info on those since my goto is pet classes and we've no info one way or the other on those.
  5. Scrawny

Scrawny Cupcake

I, as well, lean towards a healer/support type class. I am just too unfamiliar with the paths and what they ultimately give to the character. My default choice would have to be Explorer, I can spend hours and hours just trying to climb around the terrain.

I have no idea why.

Anyways, very excited!
  6. Gangrel

Gangrel New Cupcake

I went for Explorer in the poll, although as i tend to not play the "heavy combat" roles anything apart from the Soldier class.

Of course, the essential part is how they all play once you get your hands on them. As long as its *fun* i can play most roles
  7. Rickard Gustavsson

Rickard Gustavsson New Cupcake

Have a very hard time deciding between Explorer and Settler, but Scientist sounds sorta interesting aswell. Will probably wait and see what more they reveal about them but for now Ill choose Explorer just to add to the poll.
  8. Ragefatha

Ragefatha New Cupcake

I've also gone for Scientist, it sounds like the most interesting path to me. Settler needs some love it seems :)
  9. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Poor Settler has minimal info attached, hence it's lack of popularity - we just don't know enough yet :) It'll probably end up being fairly balanced (especially since these are bonuses over and above classes).
  10. Valdana

Valdana New Cupcake

I am very eager to try this Explorer thing. Sounds like it's right up my alley.
  11. Lucas

Lucas Cupcake

first reaction (even without knowing anything about it): Settler. (hopefully) Just for a new twist in MMOGs, maybe with a more "sandbox" and "living world" approach to the game, instead of pure "theme-park".
  12. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

My first character will be Explorer, my second Scientist. Probably start both on day one!
  13. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

I was going to go Warrior, but now that we know more, Explorer seems a good start. Always room for alts, later.
    Brotoi likes this.
  14. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume I'll be a Soldier. My main play style is to assist the party by attracting the enemy's attention and consuming as much damage as is necessary for the party to accomplish it's task.
  15. SilasBrown

SilasBrown New Cupcake

I'm finding myself really indecisive, which isn't surprising. It's hard enough picking classes in games, but if this is at all what it sounds like, Paths are going to have serious implications.

I'm leaning towards Settlers since for me MMORPGs are primarily a social experience, but man.... MMO people can be a real mixed bunch.
  16. Juno

Juno New Cupcake

I know that some games give you a small amount of experience for exploring and what not, but I'm really excited by a game that allows someone to focus on something like that. I hope that the path system will be well-made enough to where I can be not only excited about it, but impressed by it too.

I definitely want to try Explorer; and it seems I'm definitely not alone in that respect.
  17. Faelor

Faelor New Cupcake

I have no idea, I want to try them all!
  18. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I am so gonna play all of them, but I suspect my main will be a Settler. I expect it's the most roleplay oriented and supportive path. :)
  19. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

Yea explorer 1st its just how i roll, i remember playing wow in vanilla and there was a group of like 20 of us that found a way under stormwind where there was nothing but a broken area. was a heap of fun till we realised we couldn't get out so had to drown ourselves and take rez sickness :p
  20. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I want to try them all!
    I may go Soldier first.... maybe. It all depends on what class I choose, actually. I'm with souper and generally choose to be the healer classes more often. I love supporting groups and ensuring their survival.
    So, whatever would work best with a healer class will probably be my first choice... but new MMO, new system... maybe I could try something new. Like Tanking.