1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Chua Hydrotank!

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by katon, Dec 24, 2013.

1. katon

katon New Cupcake

Hi there! I'm a student currently studying to join the game industry. Painting is my first love so I just wanted to share a wildstar concept fan art I created.

I wanted to have a go at creating a Hydrotank but I was pretty tired of seeing the sterile lab high tech kinds that I've seen so far in games and movies. Then I thought a Chua would create a pretty hilarious one since they care so much more about blowing stuff up than hygiene and science. I hope you like it and enjoy the little quirks I tried to put into it :)

[​IMG]
  2. Deavon

Deavon Cupcake

Great job here :)

So what er you planning to do in the gaming industries. Concept artist, texture's or do you lean more towards designing?
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I love it although I would've changed the cloth with hearts on it to a cloth with bombs on it on the right hydrotank ;)

Or atleast hearts with a fuse on them :p
    Dysp likes this.
  4. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Nice job! That piece has a lot of nice little quirks to it, the subtle angle and tilt, the cardboard box squashed in place of the third tank leg and all the little wires and chain links strung from the top. The piece already looks like a professional concept to me. It would be great to see anything else you have!
  5. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

This is really fantastic! I'd love to know your process because I've always wanted to draw a webcomic. Obviously it wouldn't be this detailed or high quality, but I know almost nothing about digital painting.
  6. katon

katon New Cupcake

Deavon: Painting is my first love, so doing illustrations and rendering the object or character is fun, but I've been discovering how much I like designing as well. Like figuring out all the little nuances in that hydrotank was super enjoyable. However, I do know getting a job as a concept artist is pretty tough, so I've been trying to keep up in the 3D modeling and texturing part as a fallback

Extatica: Omg that's such a good idea! :D

Dysp: Waaah :laugh: thanks so much. If you're interested, I have a website: www.katerinaarrington.com

Whistler: Oh cool! My process I guess changes for each painting/drawing I do. It depends on how challenging it is and what I feel like. But a lot of what I learned about digital painting is tutorials from other artists for example this website: http://ctrlpaint.com/ it's da bomb. lol
  7. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Keep up the EXCELLENT work! :) Can't wait to see more from you.
  8. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

Those are awesome!