1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Class and race decision process.

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Genophix, Nov 28, 2013.

1. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Ahhh don't think it would be a time zone difficulty~ I see you're pvp orientated and i'm not a fan of PVP servers~ I'm more of a PVE'er who enjoys organised PVP with friends :) Like arenas, war plots, duels, etc :)
  2. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

Always Stealth/Sneak class.... Love the Assassin feel of my character, But A nimble looking race would have to be picked for my taste.

Although Mordesh seem really cool, They look like they are around 8-9 feet tall which would make for a goofy looking stalker in my opinion. ( they seem pretty stiff in their animations ) :p

I will try a Mordesh to see how it feels, but if that fails for my style then I will make Human more then likely.. Rugged stubbly dark haired Assassin... If Male Aurin start to impress me more I'll make All White fur, the Video looked cool. They just look a Tad bit wimpy while the Females look more scrappy and deadly.
  3. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

For my first character I simply go with what I feel is what I'd like to play the most. So far it was a constant battle between Granok and Mordesh but the Granok have won me over. My class and path picks were easy, Engineer and Scientist entice me more than the others.

After that it's what I didn't pick as main (so Mordesh) plus what else seems interesting. Sometimes I make up my character's personalities before I choose their classes and such, so I look at the race, class and path that would suit them best.

I RP and plan to make a lot of alts and I figure that if I don't like a choice I made, I can just restart!
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I look at race first and their story. I like the aurin's story about how they helped someone, and lost their homeworld for doing the right thing. Little details like the planet reapers being Chua built adds another bonus as I have natural reason to poke those diseased vermin with sticks. It's that base story that gives me the ideas for characters from that race.

I can make an aurin stalker who's a little wild and wants revenge on the dirty chua. I can also turn around and make an aurin esper who's a little shy and sad over the loss of Arboria. Those will be my two first characters. A combative stalker that I can also use to sneak around and just explore Nexus at my leisure without creatures always trying to eat me. Then an esper I can use as my main.

Because we have class limitations, I'll also be forced to choose a race based on classes. I liked the Engineer because they are a pet class. Sometimes those can be fun. So I'll probably make a human for an engineer. Mostly because Granok don't interest me that much and a mordesh I would like to save as a medic character. Mordesh Medic just seems to fit their race so well with this history of disease and seeking a cure.
  5. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

I choose class by playstyle and the look/feel of the class, and race by... mostly looks. Ugly things have no right to exist, so no Mordesh or Granok, or male Draken. And the Exile human sense of style is inferior to Cassian, so, they're out. Machine races are inherently uninteresting, so bye Mechari. Chua are amusing, but I feel they'd lose something over hours of playtime, so they aren't that appealing.

Dominion style points (and two choices of races I like) trumps aurin cuteness. At least, as long as I remember the Litany Against Cuteness.

As for classes, I'm not sure. The play of the warrior might be interesting, but the pro-wrestling aesthetic of the class video turned me off, as did all the dude-bro nonsense in the live stream.
    Esper and spellslinger are interesting conceptually, but I'm not sure about meshing their playstyle with mine.
    Stalker is a maybe, as the melee emphasis is questionable, and stealth play can get a bit dull over the long term.
    Medic is interesting in style and abilities, but the giant paddles are a huge turnoff.
    Engineer had a great intro in the Ishmael video, so... maybe? And guns and bots in a sci-fi game are fairly appropriate.
  6. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

i've chosen the path first then race and finally class mostly because thats how the information has come out from carbine (as far as my main goes)

I do consider RP and lore to some extent but its not my primary concern as long as things seem to fit well and play well im happy and on another note im a alt-aholic so I will no doubt try all races/path/classes in some form or another at some point...
  7. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Well my current plan is now:
    Warrior-Mordesh-Soldier
    Spellslinger-Mordesh-Explorer
    Medic-Mordesh-Scientist
    Aurin-Stalker-Soldier
    Granok-Engineer-Soldier
    Aurin-Esper-Explorer

:)
  8. Everyworker

Everyworker New Cupcake

I'm a bit torn as, with the Granok Warrior, I can beat people to death with pro-wrestling moves and steel chairs. Mechari Warriors on the other hand, could transform into their own steel chairs and beat people to death. My class considerations are usually who looks best while swinging the biggest slab of metal around, and while it usually funny to have the smallest race on each side do that, neither side at the moment allows me to do that. Also, playing exotic races allows Pun-filled nicknames to be used much easier. I will avoid any "hard rock" and "heavy metal" references however. The more groans the better!
    Inukeu and Roadblock like this.
  9. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

Step one: Can it be Mechari?
    Step 2: Can it be Engineer?
    Step thr33: Pick Settler and go full heavy metal
  10. Giruvegan

Giruvegan New Cupcake

I just choose the 2 that i like the most and in this case they happen to go together mordesh engineer!!!
  11. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

If you are rubbish player, then instead of having more heavy armor/ mitigation (and therefore being dragged into a tank role) why don't you just go with range dps? That way you can stay out of all the AOE and boss cleaves and shoot from a distance? Most range dps classes are really easy to play and they normally have medium armor, which means you're at least not as squishy as light armor classes.