1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Class Distinction

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Sikend, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Sikend

Sikend New Cupcake

I hope i am posting this in the right place. Let me start off by saying i am very excited to play in the world of Nexus and experience Wildstar to its fullest! One concern i have is after watching all the class streams on YouTube and all of the Dev Speaks, Is there going to be an issue of all the classes feeling to much alike due to the telegraphed combat system? Or at least the melee classes and ranged classes feeling to similar to each other (Warrior/Stalker) or the Spellslinger compared to the Engineer every class has "its thing" but will the majority of ability just feel like your casting the same ability from another class?
  2. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

So far I have seen similarities in some abilities, and huge differences in others. Will some things feel the same? Probly, it's the same game with the same combat system, no matter how many classes you give it... such as is there any difference in wow between a warlock channeling shadowbolt vs a mage channeling fireball? not really, but the end results are slightly different. Like I said, similarities, but enough differences that I think the classes will stand out from one another
  3. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

I personally have seen enough to believe that there is good variety, especially in delivery. We also have mostly seen low level content, which will undoubtedly have the least variety in abilities. So without any concrete proof I think there isn't much to worry on there, but all games will have some sameyness, just part of how games are.
  4. Sikend

Sikend New Cupcake

Yeah i see your point about shadow bolt and fireball, I think also since I am just watching a YouTube video that its hard to see some of the animations and instead all i see are these Giant(and awesome) red green and blue telegraphs.
  5. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Considering how exaggerated other parts of the WS universe are, I can certainly see the argument for huge badass (disgaea type) animations, but then you have to think of the processing speed... just remember the hilarity of GW2 WvW and its swarms of invisible players (although maybe that was just my PC, who knows?).