1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Clearing up Misconceptions on Open World PvP

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by CRB_Bardic, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kraun

Kraun New Cupcake

The thing i see ruining open world PVP is pvp-stats on pvp-gear, i thought we were past pvp-stats at this day and age, but i guess i was wrong. I love uninvited open world PVP and the sense of 'being on edge' constantly, thus why i always choose a PVP-server.
    Having pvp-stat gear, i can see this only harming people like me who likes PVP, but despise pvp-gear and BG/Arena grinding.
  2. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Only thing wrong here is that you should be flagged for PvP at all times if not in your own base or a sanctuary.

Carebear pressure is what bring this, which is strange, take AoC for example the busiest servers are the ones that have open world PvP.
  3. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Fixed.
  4. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

That's how it is on PvP servers so far i know, as for the rest. We don't need another tortage where 80's are ganking level 10-20's. Starter zones should be there to introduce to the game not the farmed by someone who thinks it's a good way to get their unimportant K/D up :)
    Sonntam likes this.
  5. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

No its not like that, if your in your own zone you not flagged for PvP, unless you flag yourself, its only in the mixed or the other factions areas that you are auto flagged.
    As to the AoC reference, I dont care if some level 80 wants to come gank me so be it, log name payback is a <REDACTED>, just for god sake don't whine about it. You will always get the nubs who want easy kills, they great as they are the easy ones to kill once you max level out.

For open world PvP should be just that unless in a town or sanctuary, you be able to be killed by Antoine at any time, if you don't like this, they6 have PvE servers to roll on.

This does not work as it cause to many problem, lag being one of them, so I'm happy for game-play reasons to have cities and sanctuaries as safe havens or have guards who one shot you!
  6. Inda

Inda Cupcake

That's basically how it always is when there are pvp and pve servers. Generally pvp servers are the most populated and often have many of the top players going to them.
  7. WakeskaterX

WakeskaterX Cupcake-About-Town

Haha, this discussion makes me want to start an Assassin's Guild.

Basically sign out contracts for revenge kills.
  8. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not about to go through 16 pages, but does pvp server include RPpvp server?(Assuming there's rppve servers too?)
  9. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Yes , there will be rp servers and most likely rp pvp as well.
  10. Cruxxis

Cruxxis New Cupcake

I like to keep my PvP flag on. It means i have pride, power, and i'm a bad ass mutha who dont take no cra-p off of nobody!
  11. Elrodeus

Elrodeus Cupcake

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this because I've not been able to read all of the thread. But please, please, please, add a World Defense Channel in chat (or something similarly name so whenever NPC's in a zone or town are attacked by the opposing faction it calls it out to everyone that has the channel open. This is almost a necessity to inspire World PvP. No matter how much I love world PvP, if I don't know a zone is being a attacked I don't know to go there. That is...unless chaos spreads and people begin to talk about it in some sort of World chat channel.
    Sonntam and Kleev like this.
  12. Cruxxis

Cruxxis New Cupcake

A
    Agreed, that channel is my shizz!
  13. Elrodeus

Elrodeus Cupcake

Wooo World PvP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See these are the kinds of things instanced pvp could never bring. I would run around in Stormwind killing players so much that some people just stopped fighting me. They would then hop on alts and chat with me about pvp, and my build and such. I would then befriend these people from the opposite faction....and awesome stuff would happen. There I am fishing with two guys after they gave up attacking me after I killed them 6 times. Ahhh...good times...good times.
  14. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

Please don't go overboard with NPC guards in towns/cities, and please keep sanctuaries to a minimum after a certain level. I'm hoping there are a fair amount of PvP related achievements specifically for WPvP (city raids and such).
    Sonntam likes this.
  15. Jarys

Jarys New Cupcake

Random suggestion - the guards settlers can spawn, if more settlers work on the same 'outpost' - you think those guards should get stronger, be more numerous, or gain special abilities? Depending on how the stat system and scaling works, those spawned guards might be the only way for lowbies to defend against higher levels (unless stats and hit/miss ratios scale in such a way that a decent number of low levels can actually take out a high level, not sure on that respect).
    Sonntam likes this.
  16. frogbound

frogbound New Cupcake

I wonder if the factions can talk to and understand each other.
    I hate wondering what people want from me when I kill them or after they killed me.
    I know there will be 90% facts about my mothers social life and insults but I am really interested in the other 10%.
    What are they trying to say?
    creating alts to talk to the opposing faction is something I really despise.
    I know it can be problematic but there is a profanity filter I guess.
    Also having a quick chat with someone from the opposing faction trying to understand their story etc. is something a scientist would really appreciate, don't you think? Or maybe some dude or dudette has info for the explorer to venture into enemy territory to scale a mountain or find a cave there that looks especially awesome!
    Sonntam likes this.
  17. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

I really hope they think over the "Sanctuaries" and No-PvP flag in your own zones.
    On a PvP server I really hope that you are PvP flagged at all times no matter what.
    Those "Save-Zones" are what killed all kinds of Open-World PvP in Tera. People just hiding in their Save Zones as soon as something happened, healers standing in Save-Zones while healing people outsite.

Of course it's a different game, especially since it's NON-Faction based but I still really dislike these kind of Non-PvP Areas on a PvP Server. I really prefer being able to kill opposing players whereever I am. The only thing that I dislike is greefing Low-LvLs. There should be something in place to prevent that but if not then the community will deal with these kind of people, im sure. :)
    Sonntam likes this.
  18. Nolrach

Nolrach New Cupcake

I also feel like Open World PvP objectives are a double-edged sword. As long as there are reasons for people to be in the open world, be it quests, paths or resources gathering, there will be open pvp.
    Carbin better be wary of not turning the open world into a big waiting room like in wow: In wow, the open world or persistent universe (the French phrase, I don't know if it makes sense in English, sorry :/ ) now only exists for people to level, the great majority of players are in capitals waiting to enter their arena/BG/dungeons/raid. Heck, they don't even need to pass through this open world to go there; they're teleported once their queue is up. The open world, sadly, is now nothing more than a waiting room to pass the time while they're queuing.

Another concern of mine is about how they'll "divide" the quests zones between factions. I just pray they won't separate each faction's questing zones like Bioware did in swtor... The only way to encounter members of the opposing faction was to go and purposely seek them out deep in their "part" of the planet. The planets' design made open pvp virtually non-existent and was a game-breaker for me. I want to be able to feel the danger every time I'm in the open world be it while leveling or not.
  19. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

hmm just XP!?
    How disappointing! I was really hoping to start a nice ear/nose/finger collection! Then there would be a reason for me to be on a hate list..."All of your appendages are belonging to me!" :sneaky:
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i believe that they said that the first area that has both factions is Whitevale which is a mid level zone- level 25ish
    Extatica likes this.