1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Closed Beta - Milestone 30 Patch Notes Released

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Leaks are a constant threat for closed betas and Carbine Studios know it. So, to help alleviate the impact of those who have breached NDA they have decided to officially release the Patch Notes for the version currently being tested! Among it all, we get to learn new zone names, class abilities and changes to the Limited Action Set (LAS).

Update: Jeremy "Gaffer" Gaffney has stopped by the WSC to do an official Q&A on the Patch Notes over the next few days!

( Read more - Article )
    ( Read more - WSC Dev Q&A )
    Razmos, Slyndria, Rai and 9 others like this.
  2. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

This is why I love Carbine, they're so...human. They're not just a faceless company spouting false promises and hip lingo...
    Zilvoran, Inukeu, Eichler and 4 others like this.
  3. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

They handled that with class. It takes alot of guts to come out so soon and say 'yeah, here are our notes' knowing that it may have an impact on what people might think of the game.

With this occurance alone, my faith in Carbine has been well deserved and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Keep it up Carbine... you're doing amazing here.
  4. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Another class act from Carbine. My thanks for you who did not share the leaked notes in this community!
  5. salazar

salazar Cupcake-About-Town

i can take the spot of the people who lost their beta :D
    Joukehainen likes this.
  6. Ninereeds

Ninereeds Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome, Carbine has been amazing so far.

I saw that there was a leak on Reddit and didn't know how to report it to Carbine, glad to see someone got that to them. I didn't click on the link at the time since I was worried it may have been malicious and plus I didn't really want to spoil anything for myself, but now that I have their blessing I may have a quick peek at their post. ;P

Just another example though of how well they are handling the launch and the run-up, and they are constantly going the extra mile for the fans.
  7. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

What a great way to handle the situation. I love what Carbine said about the social contract and trust. It seems everytime I think I cannot like Carbine anymore than I already do they do something like this which makes me like them even more. :)
  8. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

If I'd been the one to leak this I'd probably feel like a giant douche reading that. :laugh:
    Dtrain, Zilvoran, smoret and 3 others like this.
  9. Tiger

Tiger New Cupcake

Nice every post from carbine is always a delight to read
  10. Ninereeds

Ninereeds Cupcake-About-Town

I assume this is ok to discuss as the notes were officially released through WildStar-Online.

Personally I haven't read much, but the second line about the inventory made me squeal. I love that they have the inventory set up that way and it makes me very encouraged to see more and read on. Is there anything that stands out to you as a cool feature or something you were excited about you didn't know about before?
  11. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed. I absolutely love that feature.
  12. Lyas Tyrell

Lyas Tyrell Cupcake-About-Town

Wow yeah, I felt so sad reading it on reddit seeing a leak so fast. But this is awesome that they are owning it.
  13. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Talk about a double edged sword, I'm practically salivating hearing about all this, but I can't play it!
  14. Tiger

Tiger New Cupcake

By the way Carbine is misspell where it say Carine Studios :3
  15. Crimzen

Crimzen Cupcake

Great of Carbine to do this. I have to say I'm really digging them as a company...not like I wasn't before or anything, but yea. Hopefully other people won't take this as the go ahead to leak further information though.

As far as the Patch notes go....OMG I had to nerd out for at least 30 minutes while I read through all of the info. Can't wait to play my Stalker now...and I get a clone? Can't wait :D

This game can't come fast enough, but I'm glad they're taking their time with it and developing it the right way. Everything looks great so far, keep it up Carbine!
  16. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Leaks are a fact of life when it comes to Closed Beta's, but I must admit to being surprised at how fast they started for WSO. I honestly figured it would be a month or two before we started seeing significant ones. Interesting counter move by Carbine here and it can only help build their reputation among the communities even further

Hopefully they can find and plug the leaks before pics and vids start showing up. I recall TOR's leaks got particularly bad. If I recall correctly they even had a leaker in their F&F crew. I also hope they don't get to wrapped up in them though. I've often suspected that some leakers are like trolls, they are really just trying to get a rise out of you.
  17. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

Wow can't believe Carbine was willing to repost that after a leak, that is really cool of them to do.

Can't wait to dive into this later, but a few of some interesting tidbits I found were auto attack was added, and a need greed system was also added.
  18. DPSClass

DPSClass New Cupcake

Handled very nicely! Keep up the good work everyone!
  19. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

Eh... an attack was added for right-clicking on an enemy, which they've called "auto attack." I hope it's not confused with auto attack systems that will continuously swing your weapon at enemies with no input from a user. Perhaps they should call it something else.
    Mudfin likes this.
  20. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Couldn't agree more! Shame someone was a D-bag.