1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Closed Beta - Milestone 30 Patch Notes Released

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Thought the format/organisation of the notes was fine - easy to see which section each point belonged in and easy to distinguish different points due to the chevron/bullet-point style.
    You did repeat the bottom 19 or so points of the economy section but looked like a pasting error (or simply a cunning plan to confuse us).
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you're not going to have that few abilities, you're only going to have the few on your ability bar at a time. you can switch between them out of combat. do you honestly use 15-20+ abilities during EVERY fight?
  3. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Not necessarily every fight, maybe not even every day... But I love my O.S. buttons, and I don't want to have to search through my skill books, when I can just drag a skill that I know where I put onto my main bar if I need to.
    If you read the whole post, then this covers your complaint. I may not NEED them, but I would still like them available. Besides, Carbine promised a "moddable" UI. So I should be able to have my multiple skills, right?
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

but you can find them by just pulling up one of your other loadouts. (i'm assuming that you can have bars set up for different situations - tanking, dps, healing, cc, fun stuff) and we don't even know if there will be crazy spells that are one time 5-10min cooldown "just because they're cool" spells. they might work the "it's cool!" spells in with the "meh, it's just a buff" spells, so you CAN have the cool stuff while still being useful all wrapped up into one easy to push button! (think of it as automatic macros! you push this button and 2-3 things happen instead of the traditional 1 thing happens with one spell that's it no more.)

please carbine tell me the cool things are wrapped up with the not-so-cool-but-useful stuff and i'm not just being crazy! :D
  5. Laura

Laura Cupcake

I'm also a fan of more skill slots. As a priest in WOW I often used up to 16 different spells in a single fight, not including buffs (I counted :p). That said, Gaffney asked us to wait and judge for ourselves once we get into the game and I'm totally willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. What I'll really be interested in seeing, is the reaction of top-end raiders to the limited action set in raids. I think I'll hold off begging Carbine for more spaces until I hear from them...
  6. Logon

Logon New Cupcake

I really want to know if you are going to add turnanimations when you turn right or left on the spot, in the videos it looks pretty funky when you turn without moving the feet.
  7. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

If the number of skills on the bar are limited the way they are, I'm thinking that only by "spec" changing will you get another bar/loadout. I seriously doubt you'll be able to change specs in battle, so it would be no different than being unable to change your current skills in battle. Here's a picture that shows there's a second spec for Attributes, at least. Looks like a picture from PAX, and it shows "Primary" and "Secondary" attributes. It's possible that secondary attributes may be things like crit, haste... things like that. But I can hope, since I carried around a second set of equipment in DCUO and WoW, just so I could switch when needed. character image.jpg Ironically, I was given this image to prove that there was a "costume" function, but I noticed the attribute tabs when I looked at it.
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

that's what i meant. you cannot change the loadouts in combat, but you can out of combat. that's what they've stated. you can change your abilities out of combat.
  9. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, that's what they are. Secondary attributes include Moxie for Warriors and Will for Spellslingers. (Moxie was mentioned off-hand in a video and may not actually be in the game currently; Will is referred to in the released M30 patch notes.)
  10. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Last time, and I won't respond to anymore of your repeats. I'll even do it in italics, just so you will definitely notice them. I want to have the abilities IN BATTLE for when I want/need them. Good? Great. Sorry to everyone else, but they seemed to be choosing to be willingly obtuse about it.
    In response to this I would probabaly say that the spot that says "weapon power" is where it will give your main combat stat. Though the patch says it will be called "Assault & Support" power. It won't be willpower on the second page because it's right there on the first. When you increase the stat, the number will go up. When you run out of attribute points, the + sign will probably go away. I'm basing this on games like Diablo 2, that had a stat system that looked the same. Besides, I said "I can hope" :p Forgot to mention that "magic" is no longer a stat, and was replaced by "will" for spellslingers. Read it in an interview.
  11. moneda

Will not willpower. From the patch notes:
    I haven't heard or seen mention of a willpower attribute.
  12. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

idk, I do like a limited action in the sense that it allows you to mess around with different combinations and allows you to focus on your role a little easier..but yea, if when your fully specced out at the end, does that means some moves become useless to your build entirely?

I just wonder at end game how many of your moves will really be viable out of say 30 abilities. I have Heard them say they are trying to make the moves scale all the way to the end appropriately so I'll just trust carbines judgment, they seem to be doing it right
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You do know she just responded to the next sentence of you:
    It's not ''thinking'' since they stated you can have different bars/loadouts out of battle but not by changing speccs! You can have multiple bars/laodouts in 1 single specc. She just responded to that false sentence. Since it was false.
    Kataryna likes this.
  14. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Thank you for pointing out my misspell in the rudest possible way. I play a lot more games with "willpower" than I do with "will". Aren't you happy now? It still supports my claim that magic changed, doesn't it?
  15. Seagrey

Seagrey Cupcake-About-Town

Carbine handled this exceptionally well. I would have been royally pissed.

Carbine has shown great leadership and integrity. I hope they successfully weed out the beta testers that have shown such disrespect to everyone...devs and players alike.
  16. moneda

I'm going to reply to this in hopes that you're just misunderstanding and not purposely trolling...

I wasn't attempting to point out a misspelling, I thought you'd been confused about "Weapon Power" in the screenshot you posted and willpower, so I pointed out that willpower is not used in the game as far as we know. In pointing that out I'd hoped you'd recognize that Will doesn't appear at all in that screenshot and would conclude, like I did, that it'd appear in the Secondary Attributes tab we haven't seen.
    Kataryna and Seagrey like this.
  17. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

It says will replaces magic. Which means it would swap places with the word magic on the stats. Also, I said weapon power would probably swap with "Assault/Support" power, which is also in the patch notes. The patch claims that your healing/damage (spellslinger) will be based on %'s of your support/assault attribute (same order healing/damage) +weapon support/assault power.
    • Power Rating has been split into Assault Power and Support Power, and abilities now either use Assault Power or Support Power to determine their damage/heals.
      • The Character Panel displays a player's Assault/Support Power by combining their Weapon's Assault/Support Power with their classes' specific Assault/Support Attribute (as listed below).
      • Example: A Warrior has 200 Strength and equips a weapon with 100 Assault Power. Strength contributes directly to the Warrior's Assault Power, so this Warrior would have 300 Assault Power.
    Now for the "trolling". I saw it this way. Imagine you accidentally typed willpower instead of will. Then read your post above as if I had written it to you. See why I took it the way I did? I don't usually jump to irritated so quickly, but after Kat in this forum, and 2 trolls in another forum i'm participating in right now, it's a bit much, you know?
    I'm going to take a break to read a bit in about 10 minutes, so last part of this post for now. I went looking for any information at all on crit/haste... any type of stat I would think of as secondary and found nothing, nada, bupkis. So that's the reason I see the "secondary" tab as possibly a spec switch. The picture is so old, it may not even exist any more, considering there would only be 2-3 stats that could go there. Seems pointless to even have a page for that few, and they would just get tacked on to the first one. Using the assault/support base, with only the main stats, the second page seems pointless.
  18. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

nope, not being willingly obtuse, I was however just stating a FACT that you will not have those abilities in combat no matter how much you might want it right now, but will have them out of combat. so you kill a mob with these abilities, and then decide "hey i think that this ability will be better while fighting those types of mobs than this one i was using" and switch that ability out. or you get invited to a group with several people that don't have healing spells and think "hey, we could gather lots more mobs and kill them quicker if someone was healing" so you switch to your healing loadout. also, it is nothing like GW2 where you have only 5 skills locked to whatever weapon you use and you cannot change them out no matter how much you would like to. It is however a little bit like your skill point abilities that you can pick and choose from out of combat - but they're trying to make it more than that, where all the abilities are useful in different situations instead of some you just never used.

again, do you really want to remember 20 different spells locations on your bars/hotkeys/whatever when you're trying to focus on dodging out of telegraphs, aiming your own telegraphs, paying attention to other mobs around you, and paying attention to telegraphs that are beneficial to you? I really do not want that, so I'm personally perfectly fine with there being 9 abilities (7 class abilities, one path, one innate class ability) on my bar at a time. now, they've said nothing of if your buffs have to be counted in that 9, or your potions, or mounts, or other such things. they might have an "out of combat/potion/mount bar" that is below the main action bar. I mean, it says it right there in the name, they're to be used when you're "in action"!
  19. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Yeesh, kat. I almost never put people on ignore. But I don't like idle comments, so... to my book!
  20. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Please try to keep things civil, thanks. No need for anyone to be on the attack when people are simply helping each other. </Mod Monocle>
    Kataryna likes this.