1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Closed Beta - Milestone 30 Patch Notes Released

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

Like google circles. You can make different circles to fit the different things you like doing, and have other people who like doing them too. Think of it as multiple friend lists, each list ( or circle in this case ) being a certain type of gameplay.

So you could have different people in different circles depending on what you are friends with them for.

so players 2,5,9 in Circle named groups and players 1,3,4,6,7,8 in a circle named raids.

The group circle is just people who you like grouping with, while the raid circle is people you raid with.

Hope that makes sense.
    moneda likes this.
  2. Laura

Laura Cupcake

Makes sense! Thanks. Sounds like a handy tool.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they also have their own chat channel for each circle and member interface.
  4. Laura

Laura Cupcake

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.
  5. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

You definitely have a valid concern concern here. However, I'm personally choosing not to worry about that myself because I figure, "Well, they're designing the combat system this way, but they're also designing the mobs and placement thereof, so I'm assuming the two systems will work together well."

I may well be proven wrong, because... well, I've been proven wrong before when I had faith in a game company's design skills. I mean, I think we've all had those "Aw... what happened" moments with a game. But based on what they've shown us so far, what they've said (and how they've engaged players here), and the depth of these patch notes... I'm choosing to have faith that Carbine's doing stuff right and will deliver us a fun, playable and well-balanced combat system in the end.

Like I said, hopefully we'll both find a lot to like in the game when we get our hands on it.

Thanks! I like debates; sometimes I learn new things, or rethink my own position. Sometimes not.

I don't like forum combat, though. (I mean, unless someone made that into a game, which would be kind of an awesome concept for a competitive card game. *hastily scribbles notes*) If people are just tossing heated insults or ad hominem attacks back and forth, I don't end up learning anything new and the only position I end up rethinking is "why am I in this thread, anyway?" And then I am Sad. :'(

So I will always try to engage in civil debate rather than "YOU'RE WRONG AND THE THING YOU LIKE IS STUPID." :)
    Zilvoran likes this.
  6. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

That is an AWESOME feature, if accurate.

In so many games, I end up making a guild to keep my local friends together, but that doesn't make for a large guild to play content with. Being able to have a main guild (where everyone could even be in different guilds best-suited to their times and playstyles) and still have a circle for my friends... that's a feature that seems like it should've been common sense in game design WAY before now.
    Razmos likes this.
  7. Razmos

Razmos New Cupcake

I have to agree with Packetdancer realy helpful feature will be easy to stay in contact with a lot of people.
  8. Tirrax

Tirrax New Cupcake

Handled nicely keep up the good work and you rock Carbine
  9. Krippi

Krippi New Cupcake

I'm impressed with how well situations like that are being handled.
  10. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

A bit off topic, but here's a good example of this, lol. I'll admit I was stubborn about it, but if I think I'm right, I don't like to be told I'm wrong without evidence.
    http://www.wildstarforums.com/forum...l-discussion/32707-payment-methods?page=4#c61 Me and h3x1e go at it for a bit, lol.
    I got bored of the "I'm right and you're wrong".