1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Closest class to WoW Feral Druid?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by TuxedoMask, Dec 31, 2013.

1. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
    I am scratching my head the more I look at the abilities and AMPS. I don't see anything in the Melee classes close to Feral and maybe I'm overlooking an ability or AMP? I see the Stalker which is like a hybrid Rogue/DK/Monk(Clone looks like SEF) which is cool and all but no real dots (Think I saw 1?), the cc is pretty nice though.
    I know that not all the same styles of WoW would be in this game, I just enjoy playing MMO's that have classes like that, in another MMO called Rohan: Blood Feud, I played a Dhan (Rogue) Predator and it has some similarities to how Feral plays.
  2. Kay

Kay Cupcake

Just a fair warning? You'll probably get at least one person coming in here and down talking you for wanting a comparison to WoW.

That said, I'm here to help you make said comparison!

Truth be told, there is nobody who fits the criteria you seek; not playable, anyway. The closest we get is that one of the Esper's abilities transforms them into a sort of gazelle/ram hybrid and dashes forward. The Esper is easily a more spiritual type class, however, so if you're interested in the flavor, they might be the closest you'll find to what you're looking for.

Hope that helps! :)
  3. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

Thanks, it's not so much the appearance I'm looking for, more of how the class plays.
    As Feral I would get Bleeds on a Target (Dots), then I could Root them in place and unless they want to trinket a root (which rarely happens) then open up again dish out some damage or I could let them sit the root while I heal depending on situation. It is basically a way of picking a target apart, little less button mashing a little more tactics and finesse.
    I'm not really seeing any style like that so far in what I'm seeing at the WS-Talent builder but maybe I just missed something but that style of play suits me and how I enjoy playing MMOs.
  4. Kay

Kay Cupcake

Hmmm... Stalker might be your best bet, then, though I'm not sure. Far as I can tell, every class has some DoT and rooting ability, but the Stalker sounds closest to what you're looking for as far as wounding/snaring enemies goes.
  5. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

Stalker is the closest you'll get since it's the only stealth class and one of only 2 melee classes. Stalker does get a couple dots with debuffs if that's what you're looking for.
  6. Coach

Coach New Cupcake

It's inevitable that WoW players will draw comparisons between WoW and WildStar, but please keep in mind one simple thing... WildStar isn't WoW, and it isn't trying to emulate WoW. It is an entirely different game, with entirely different combat systems and character development methodologies. The more you try to find your favorite WoW class to play in WildStar, the more frustrated you will become. When the game is released, I suggest that you try a few classes out, play them at least through the starting zones, and then make a decision on which class feels right to you.

With that said, and the caveat that all of them are very loose comparisons at best, here is my list of WS:WoW classes based on abilities listed here. This list has no real significance aside from mere commentary and opinion. Please feel free to critique, discuss, flame, troll, or ignore to your heart's content:

Warrior : Warrior (DPS) ; DK/Pally (Tank) - mostly toe-to-toe combat with limited ranged ability, has a ranged pull (a la Death Grip)

Stalker : Rogue/Feral (DPS) ; Guardian/BM Monk (Tank) - stealth class with limited DoTs, excels at burst, respectable sustained DPS, avoidance tank

Engineer : Hunter/Warlock/Frost Mage (DPS/Tank) - ranged pet class, limited mobility, good control class

Spellslinger : EleShaman/AffWarlock/SPriest (DPS) ; DiscPriest/RestoDruid (Healer) - highly mobile, many DoTs/HoTs, excels at single-target, moderate AoE

Esper : Mage (DPS) ; RestoShaman/MWMonk (Healer) - limited mobility, good single target and AoE

Medic : EnhShaman/UHDK (DPS) ; MW Monk/Priest (Healer) - medium range caster/healer, good mobility, good AoE
  7. mmimzie

mmimzie New Cupcake

Definitly gonna say stalker. Obvious reasons being all melee, claws, and stealth. Saddly however you wont be biting anything.

On a closer note. Feral druid (atleast when i played) tanks with high healt, high dodge chance, and abit of self healing; stalkers have all of these qualities.

edit: the stalker does have atleast one dot in overload that you can stack 3 times. However, from what i've seen they dont seen to have to much dot action. I think this is mainly to allow for multiple possible limited action sets. DoTs tend to do more damage per GCD than anything else so its almost always a good idea to use a DoT. The few DoT they do have will probably still be pretty mandatory but they will be limited 1/2 per class.
  8. Migrayne

Migrayne New Cupcake

My guess would be that since carbine wasts an action skill based game they don't want a lot of dots that you land once a d let them kill. They want you to be aiming attacks and moving. If a class had 3-4 dots you could just land those and then run while.they kill. Not much skill in that.

I have not seen many dots used in the steams. Just a thought.
  9. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Just saying, I don't believe this needs to be repeated yet again, and if you read the OP, he never said it was, he was asking what the closest class to a feral druid might be. I think he knows it's not Wow.
    As far as this comparison, do you feel that Engineer is more a "hunter" class than otherwise? Engy's don't seem too mobile to me and I played hunter in Wow and Ranger in Rfit and they were always extremely mobile. Do you feel that a hunter class would be closer to a Spellslinger because of mobility if not for other reasons? Just curious for my own class decisions.
  10. Coach

Coach New Cupcake

Strictly in reference to mobility, I would agree that SS is more like Hunter than Engineer. However, I drew the comparison of Engineer to Hunter or Warlock based on the abilities involving bots of varying utility, making it more of a pet class. The mobility is still there, but reduced from that of the SS.
  11. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

I guess stalker to the OP? @.o He's got the stealth and melee claw moves, and can even switch to bear mode as it were!
  12. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

Yeah, I guess so. I liked how I could Bleed people then Kite if needed but I guess this game doesn't let people do that type of thing. (Or bleed and root them for like 5 sec)

This gives me faith in humanity.
  13. coreymj78

Yes I agree. I heard that the mobility of the Engineer gets a speed penalty for using ranged skills. I still think I am leaning towards Engineer as opposed to Spellslinger. Then again, if ranged skills seem to not be a priority in this game (as much as mobility, avoidance, armor, or other aspects), then I may just go with Stalker. I have to admit, the Stalker is the most sexy class to me. I just don't normally like melee classes, but the whole melee vs. ranged thing may just be more of a trivial thing in this game. I don't know yet because I didn't get an invite. :(
  14. coreymj78

lol... yeah bro, got your back. No offense to Coach by any means, and I'm sure it was just helpful advice, but it always gets to me when people respond with "X game is not Wow" because this statement has been said repeatedly and run into the ground.

There is nothing wrong with making comparisons. In fact, our brains function from moment to moment by making associations and comparisons with every experience we go through, it's how our minds work, even since we were born. It's natural. Making associations is the only way we can grasp new information and experiences in life.
  15. Coach

Coach New Cupcake

I didn't mean to denigrate the OP or create a contentious atmosphere with my reply. The intent of my message was simply to caution against using irrelevant or imperfect comparisons as a basis for choosing a class. I also provided exactly what the OP asked for; comparisons.
  16. coreymj78

No doubt bro. I didn't think you were trying to be an ass either. I was just clarifying that comparisons and associations are normal and that it's ok to compare two games if one's experience in game X is all one has to go on. So whether the comparison is easily made or not (due to differences between games) it's ok to compare regardless of that. And I hear you, WS is indeed not Wow, and I know the OP is aware of that fact. Personally, I'm glad that WS isn't Wow. I think we will all be pleasently surprised at how fun it is, by the look of it.
  17. coreymj78

Ok so where's my Wow hunter class damnit?

(jk)
  18. Coach

Coach New Cupcake

:)

Depends... you want mobility or pets? Another thing to consider, and maybe more important to some people, is which Support role you favor: do you want to be able to tank, or heal?
  19. coreymj78

Well I was mostly joking, but I do love my hunter. I started another thread on which is more like a hunter/ranger type class, since I played hunter and rogue in Wow and a Rogue/ranger (same class, different spec) in Rift. I most like that type of play. Ranged DPS, no tanking, mobility, pets, kiting, medium armor... you get the picture.

The issue I am having is that Slinger seems right in terms of ranged DPS, mobility, and kiting. But has no pets and has light armor (squish). The Engineer is intruiging because it has pets, heavier armor, and just looks really interesting. But it has only semi-ranged skills and a speed penalty when at range.

Of course the other thought I had was, I wonder how important long range will be in this game. Something tells me you will still need lots of mobility or damage mitigation or armor regardless. I have a feeling mobs and bosses will move around a lot too and will pack a punch so if long range isn't as important as mobility or other aspects, then maybe I'll roll an Engineer, at least they actually have armor and the bots look fun.

Then again, if mobility is really imortant, I would imagine that the Slinger would be a lot more mobile than the Engineer. Who knows. Where's my invite?

I just don't know.
  20. Drunkatm

Drunkatm New Cupcake

I have a feeling that both mobility and armor are both gona come into play. From the sounds of it boss battles are gona vary and one fight the mobility might be better, but the very next fight u might be better off with the armor. After listening to the devs talk about stuff good chance that you will be changing your las from fight to fight. For min/maxing it sounds like it would be for each individual fight, not one build trumps all always (speaking about las). With amps you will have ways to min/max all your build for straight dps, heals, or tanking.

Pvp I assume will be similar. Some builds are stronger against certain classes, and weak against others. With that said so many variations on the play styles and builds there is no telling u hqve the best build to fight x class. Cause one person will play class x diffrent from the next. Even then im sure optimall all around builds will be good for solo, and you will have builds for group play, and a diffrent setup for a diffrent comp group play.

As far as which one plays more like the feral, my guess is gona be the stalker, and maybe even the warrior. Since the feral was a hybrid to start with
    Either one could capture the same "feeling".without playing I couldnt say which class is more so. Not to mention its been a long time since I played wow so not sure the mechanics of the class now.