1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Collated "Can My PC Run WildStar?" Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by baldo227, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Greatheart

Greatheart Cupcake

I've had a terrible experience with ASUS laptops, I would not recommend them at all. My ASUS G70S shipped with a faulty graphics card (was recalled by manufacturer) that kept overheating and they refused to swap it and kept slapping thermal paste on it until it eventually burned out the second graphics card, audio and finally the motherboard. I ended up taking them to court barely breaking even but it was just to prove a point. Son of a Chua... :mad:
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I soooooo feel sorry for you :p
    My last Asus was alive for 6-7 years without any problem! The only problem was that it became an old machine so I had to replace it.
    I've had more problems with normal computer then laptops tbh. For me my laptops always work for years without problems :D:up:
  3. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

The point is you can if you want. Parts are easy sourced too if you know where to look.

He said hes not going to buy a gaming laptop and i don't know how the NP-RF711 is assembled.
  4. Cyclops08

Cyclops08 New Cupcake

When I was on the SWTOR boards there was a game site that would analyze your computer and verify if it was compatible with the game specs. But that was a while ago. I have no idea where it is now.
  5. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Fear the mod-hammer, or it will put the fear in you. :notworthy:
  6. Lickerish

Lickerish New Cupcake

Hello! First off, new to the community and excited about this game.
    I had an Asus ROG laptop for nearly 4 years, I travelled a lot for work (A LOT), and gamed on it. BUT, they will never perform as well as a desktop, so just depends on what your expectations are for playing.

I game a little less while on travel now (primarily for hotel ISP... makes me sad), so I still went with Asus but their ultrabook. I like Asus products and when I build my desktops, I use Asus mobos (I just built a mini-itx, liquid cooled machine in a BitFenix Prodigy case and love it).

I would buy an MSI or Asus laptop over Alienware. I would go solid state and make sure you have a cooling pad as heat is your enemy. You can also look at places like ibuypower.com and such for a custom laptop to fit your budget.
  7. Anorissa

Anorissa Cupcake

I recommend Asus as well. I have an Asus laptop that's around 2-3 years old, and it still runs games beautifully. Not as good as my sisters Alienware desktop, but that's because mine is a laptop (laptops will never run as well as a desktop). My laptop also has a giant cooling fan built into the back. I nick-named it The Jet, because it reminds me of one...

Why do I recommend Asus? Other gaming computers mix Asus parts with others. An Asus computer has all Asus parts and should run smoother (should be cheaper as well, since Asus doesn't have to buy parts off of other companies).

When I do switch to a desktop someday (don't have the money or room right now) I will definitely go Asus over Alienware.
  8. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

The Asus recommendation is a good one. My dad has one of these:

http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW

Not this new version, but an older one, but it is really, really good. The thing that worries me more about laptops is the thermal problems. I've ran temperature monitoring programs, and the laptop runs pretty cool. My dad uses it daily for WoW, GW2, and other games, and has not had a single problem for 1+ years.

The downside is that they are quite large and heavy. So if you have to walk with it a lot, then it can be quite uncomfortable. But to take it around from your car to the office/house, etc, it should be no problem. It also costs around $2000...
  9. Ormathius

Ormathius New Cupcake

hey, so I have a Alienware X11, its going on four years old now and I was wondering if someone could tell me if it could run wildstar or do I need a new PC? sorry I'm a noob at this stuff.
  10. Arcane Avis

Arcane Avis New Cupcake

I apologize in not being overly familiar with Alienware to the point of answering your question with any certainty, but I just wanted to say... Hopefully I was not the only one who read the title of this thread and stupidly thought someone was on a power trip! :roflamo::devilish:
  11. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

I remember seeing the specs listed for beta somewhere so have you looked on the Wildstar site?
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Here you go :D
  13. Ryvan

Ryvan New Cupcake

here are my specs processor intel R core i7 cpu 920 @2.67ghz RAM 9 gb 64 bit operating system windows 7 graphics card GEforce GTX 260. thanks.
  14. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

Yes it will run it.
    It is an old composition but good quality stuff, they don't age as fast.
    Don't expect to run at max settings though and from what I know WS is not very well optimized to utilizing multiple cores so it's a bit more cpu speed dependent than it would be.
    That might change by release but atm you wouldn't get as much out of that multicore cpu as you'd expect.

I'll say again that it will probably play fine at medium settings.
    The cheapest upgrade you can get is probably at your gfx card.

Edit: Not related to my points above but this utility is not far off usually.
    http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/wildstar-beta/11647/
  15. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

I think you'll be fine on medium settings--might need to adjust draw distance stuff. From the screens, dev speaks, and live streams this will definitely need more power than WoW to run. Lines look WAY cleaner and the colors are more vibrant and enemies do tend to explode.
  16. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

I have started to notice a lot of threads popping up here and other sites all asking the same simple question, "Can my PC run WildStar?". Frankly, I'm starting to get annoyed that people think they need their own individual thread to ask this question and I know it's only going to get worse.

I would like to suggest that you add a link here on this site to a page, perhaps to a single thread, that would be easy to find, especially for people new to the site, that would gather the questions all into one space by leading those with the question to that page so that we can keep it concise and easy to read. This way we don't get a bunch of "spam" cluttering the forums with a question that frankly we can't even answer in full, yet. I imagine it will help those that like to help figure these things out for others to only have to follow one thread rather than several reoccurring threads as well.

Of course the first post would probably benefit from listing what is known at this time and explaining that not all is know yet. It would also be prudent to have a link to the source of such information. Might also wish to list any tools that may help people with their question.

ex: http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/wildstar-beta/11647/
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Funny fact ''most questions asked are already in numerous threads'', for example this thread has so many answers:
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...k-before-asking-updated-september-10-2013.73/

But the problem lies in the fact that people don't read things....it's a stickied thread yet so many people don't even click on it......I think the same thing will happen to this thread and those ''can I run WS'' threads will still pop up like shrooms...
    Kataryna likes this.
  18. Mellkor

The answer people don't want to hear is is "wait and see".
    You will find out in due time.
  19. Mellkor

Just by a new pc anyway? being that its 4 years old and any future games you going to be asking the same question?
  20. grimduck

grimduck New Cupcake

at the moment from what I've read i think you need at least 8 GB of ram and 64 bit op system for beta. and from what Extatica pasted the minimum spec for when the game comes out.
    Googled the 2010 model of the x11, standard issue ram and processor seem's a little low or did you have it upgraded ? trouble is the older pc/lap tops tend to be more expensive to upgrade with older mother boards extra. if you post the spec's it be easier to say i'm guessing it will play Wildstar but its more a question of how well.
    If you do get a new laptop i would say look out side of Alienware. to me its a Del with a shinny sticker on it and in the uk i've seen better lap tops for less money due to the lack of sticker.