1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Community Beta Key Giveaway Concludes on WildStar Core

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Elidion

Elidion New Cupcake

what a joke, gettin an error submitting the final part...
  2. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

I did too. I was there early waiting for the update and didn't submit the final thing until about 10 minutes ago or less.
  3. Preo

Preo New Cupcake

Bah, error when submitting!
  4. Elidion

Elidion New Cupcake

yeah I've got 3x 503 errors. I submited within 3 or 4 minutes from when the last question was posted since I knew most of this stuff in my head already. I'm sure I would have been one of the first people in had it actually worked...but now I gotta leave for a dentist appointment...freaking last 90 minutes of my life wasted.
    Preo likes this.
  5. Preo

Preo New Cupcake

Yep...
  6. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

Well I think they said the "first to submit" thing for extra merchandise got cancelled due to the server going down. Just remember you'll have plenty of time when you get back!
  7. Preo

Preo New Cupcake

Finally got an entry in.
  8. Profian

Profian New Cupcake

Entered fingers crossed not missed the dead line
  9. ArenGoku

ArenGoku New Cupcake

fail "giveaway" , nothing else to say.
  10. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

I definitely liked the limerick contest here more than the contest we just completed on Core. However, I do like the idea of their live stream randomly giving away beta keys rather than on a set time.

Seems a bit off to have thousands of people only show up on the hour simply for the key ignoring the stream and creating chaos for those actually watching the stream and attempting to ask questions and get informative answers.

A core group of us would be watching the stream and asking questions and starting 10 min or so prior to the hour, thousands would start showing up spamming the chat channel with 'when is the key giveaway', 'have they given the key away', 'what is the #word'.

This would go on for 10+ minutes and then there would be spamming again after a name was called in what appeared to be an attempt to have the winner's response get lost in the spam shuffle hoping for another roll of the dice. Which of course was not possible given the structuring of the winner's message being filtered out of the spam mess for Zap but the 20 minute zoo each hour got old quick.

None of these 'on the hour' contestants did anything wrong given how the contest was structured, I just would prefer a contest where the key giveaway is random rewarding those actually active during the stream.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.