1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Community Beta Key Giveaway Continues on WildStar Fans

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ladies and gentlemen, the Nexus Limericks competition here on WildStar Central is drawing to a close - today is the last chance to enter for a chance of one of 13 beta keys. However, do not despair as today also marks the start of our friends at WildStar Fans starting their phase of the Community Beta Key Giveaway.

They are hosting the "WildQuiz" from now to the end of the month. Flex your WildStar knowledge for a chance at one of 25 beta keys - follow the link below for their official announcement.

( Read more - WSC Nexus Limericks )
    ( Read more - WildStar Fans WildQuiz )
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

No offence....I love that they are doing this.....but I atleast expected some more ''difficult'' questions that required you to read up on some lore :D

Took around 20 seconds to answer them all (yes i'm a slow reader).....GL to all those who participate though!!!!
  3. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Thanks for the feedback. I'll explain why I created the quiz as I did:

1. I was afraid that a quiz that was "too difficult" was going to prompt people to post a completed quiz on a forum somewhere and people would just copy and paste it and learn nothing.

2. Our site's target audience has always been newer fans of the game (hence the "Nexus Welcome Center" tag). That's why we don't post our content here at WildStar Central. We don't want to take traffic FROM WSC, we want to bring people into the community and hopefully encourage them to join great communities such as WSC. i.e., we want to evangelize new fans. That's been the goal from the beginning.

3. Already we've had comments of people who have learned new things since taking the quiz, thanking us for the hints. While I'm sure many dedicated fans would be able to answer them without research, the results of including the hints/having lower barrier to entry (which was also suggested by Carbine) has already begun to show benefits. Basic WildStar education is already getting people more excited!

Long answer, sorry about that :p
    Fez, Seluna, Ziskat and 3 others like this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Please don't ever apologise for being thorough....it can only help ;)

Ahwell......guess i'm just waiting for some ''quiz'' that tests my lore knowledge :D
    You wanna make one for me? :inlove:
    Arawulf likes this.
  5. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Love the idea for a future giveaway - like swag or something. I could use a lore refresher myself!
    Extatica likes this.
  6. stragen cimmurra

stragen cimmurra New Cupcake

Yeah, I answered all the questions in about 30 seconds, including the amount of time it took to click on the link and read how much money was raised by the fundraiser (only one i didnt know off the top of my head)
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Shame on you!!!! :p
  8. Ziskat

Ziskat New Cupcake

To be honest, I too wished it would be more in depth with the lore, most of it was basic knowledge if you have been taking some interest in it. I do say however some of those questions took me a moment just because I had to remember what it was. After the questions though I checked the hint, I don't like how the link literally gave you the answer. Though I still thank every opportunity to get a beta key, because THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING!

We still thank you for every chance to get into this game =D
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You do know, that you now piked my interest in how much you REALLY know about the lore in WS.....

I wonder if i'd question you about the lore in a conversation....it wouldn't be the first time I do it ;)
  10. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

How fun! I've been such a WSC fanatic that I haven't ventured outside my hobbit hole, much. Now I've been there and back again! And I'll go back again, again! To there!
    zekkdarklighter likes this.
  11. Ziskat

Ziskat New Cupcake

I would not mind, though im still learning other things about it I didn't see at first =P I like re-reading the material and what not. Still got to get the names of everything down.
  12. Rivele

Rivele Cupcake

i don't mind it being easy or hard it is jsut great that they are willing to put themselves out there and offer this to us and make it fair enough so everyone has a chance.
  13. Seluna

Seluna New Cupcake

Just send in my answers! Yeah it wasn't hard for us Wildstar nerds on WSC, but I really like that you also try to get newer peeps into the game and the community, hope they will stay :)
  14. mattyice121

mattyice121 New Cupcake

I like it seems to make sense to me and in the end barriers to entry need to be low to promote player growth.
  15. Djcolbyz

Djcolbyz New Cupcake

I'm really looking forward to playing this game. Ever since my taste from the stress test I've been hungry for more. If anyone looking for a friend to quest/play with during the evenings central time zone and you get a spare friend key feel free to hit me up if you have no other use for it ;) .
  16. Sfr528

Sfr528 New Cupcake

I honestly don't see the point of creating some really difficult quiz when the end result would be you wouldn't know the answers and would have to look them up anyways. There is no skill in going to Google and finding out the answers. I guess it would thin out the amount of entries from the people who really want it and are willing to do the extra bit of research and those who aren't... but it's not like it would really be testing your knowledge.
    mister4mazing likes this.
  17. Red Snow

Red Snow New Cupcake

Thanks wildstarfan for easy quiz, :) it didnt take alot of time to finish and give me new informations about game and where i can find more. i wish good luck to everyone on pool "capcake!".
  18. Rivele

Rivele Cupcake

since it ends on my birthday, i could only hope that i get a key.
    Haptix likes this.
  19. Acriyon

Acriyon New Cupcake

Any news on when the results will be announced?
    Haptix likes this.
  20. Haptix

Haptix New Cupcake

As folks above have said, the 'quiz' wasn't exactly the most-difficult 'exam' to take --and pass @ 100%-- but...

It let a dunce like myself have a chance to submit a correct entry for even a *shot* at a BETA KEY! ;-)
    I've been (seriously) kinda nervous/hopeful about the results, especially when I can't really grasp the mathematical slimness of my chances --assuming I *DID* get all of the answers on the quiz correct, regardless of how easy it was made for me. hehe