Community Competition - Deck the Granok

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Introduction
    Today, we have an exclusive (and very special) announcement - WildStar Central are pleased to launch their inaugral community competition. In keeping with the season, we're going to "Deck the Granok" (no, we don't mean beating up The Sarge!)

We're going to decorate a Granok for the Holidays. Fa-la-la-la-la, and so on. Carbine Studios have supplied us with an exclusive piece of custom concept artwork for this very purpose - you simply have to draw all over it!

Timeframe and Entering
    To enter, all you will need to do is email your masterpiece of festive creativity to competition@wildstar-central.com before midnight EST on 30th December 2011 - the staff here at WSC will discuss and then announce the winners on 6th January 2012.

Yes, you heard us - winners. We will pick the three finest entries (be it finest concept or finest artwork - you don't need to be a van Gogh!) for first, second and third place - to be our inaugral champions!

Your entry email must include...

- Your entry as a JPG, PNG or GIF formatted image attachment
    - Your WSC forum username
    - Your real name and postal address (for legal, and prize shipping purposes)

Please note that your entry will also be agreement to our competition terms and conditions (listed below).

Prizes
    But, I hear you ask, what do the winners get? Aside from the pride of besting your fellow entrants, you will get a custom forum title - "Deck the Granok Winner 2011".

What? Not enough? Very well... then courtesy of Carbine Studios, we will also offer the following prize packages (ably modelled by Carbine's own Loic "Atreid" Claveau)....

First Prize: Dev-signed Poster, Embroidered Cap, WildStar T-Shirt, Carbine Studios T-Shirt, WildStar Crew T-Shirt (view) (view)
    Second Prize: Dev-signed Poster, Embroidered Cap, WildStar Crew T-Shirt (view)
    Third Prize: Embroidered Cap (view)

That's right, you heard us - real WildStar swag, straight from the source! See? We do love you, after all!

Competition Image
    So, we guess you're now ready to grab that image and start decorating. Well, with no further adieu...
    DecktheGranok.jpg
    A downloadable version is also available at http://wildstar-central.com/assets/competitions/DecktheGranok.jpg

Example Entry
    At a loss as to how to start? Then let our very own community member gentlestar provide your inspiration...
    DecktheGranok-example.jpg
    A downloadable version is also available at http://wildstar-central.com/assets/competitions/DecktheGranok-example.jpg

Terms and Conditions
    By submitting an entry to the WildStar Central "Deck the Granok" competition, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:

1. The winners will be chosen by WildStar Central staff from all eligible entries emailed in by the deadline. No other method of entry shall be considered valid.
    2. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries by the same person will disqualify all entries. Submission deadline closes at midnight EST on 30th December 2011.
    3. Winners will be announced on WildStar Central and posted to the Media Library by 6th January 2012. Announced winners will additionally be contacted by email and prizes will be distributed by NCsoft.
    4. This competition is void where prohibited by national and/or international law. The entrant assumes the total responsibility of knowing that they reside in a state or territory that prohibits such contests and are subject to any local, state or territorial laws. WildStar Central accepts no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
    5. Entries must adhere to the instructions given. Any entries that do not adhere to the guidelines will be disqualified.
    6. Only three prize winners will be assigned, at the discretion of WildStar Central.
    7. WildStar Central cannot be held responsibile for extenuating circumstances that may postpone or terminate this contest. In the unlikely event that a contest is postponed or terminated, information will be posted on WildStar Central.
    8. In the unlikely event that a prize package becomes unavailable prior to prize distribution, WildStar Central reserves the right to arrange any prize substitutions.
    9. WildStar Central admins, moderators and their families are not eligible to participate in this contest.
    10. By entering this contest, you agree to assign all rights relating to your image to WildStar Central - allowing WSC the exclusive right to reuse, distribute and share your artwork.
    11. DISCLAIMER: WildStar Central has no official ties to NCsoft Interactive.
  2. Wobbley

Wobbley Cupcake

This competition....I like :O Different from what you usually see, but definitely interesting.

Too bad I have no artistic talent whatsoever. TONIGHT THERE WILL BE PAINT......or Photoshop.
  3. starspun

starspun Moderator

Talent isn't everything, just saying!
  4. Zap-Robo

You could always just cut and paste pieces from different images and plaster them over the Granok :)
  5. Ixath

Ixath New Cupcake

This reminds me of a certain Safe For Work meme...
  6. Zap-Robo

Only a week left - still plenty of time to enter though!
  7. alienfirst

alienfirst Deck the Granok Winner 2011

Go figure I am MIA and find this contest a week before the deadline. I may be on vacation, but I'll do my best to get something done!
  8. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

<REDACTED>, should have mentioned this on #WildStarSettlers! /bonehead

Zap, you coulda nudged me about it! =P
  9. Zap-Robo

I have been otherwise engaged with Family Christmas Time (tm) - normal WSC service shall resume shortly!
  10. Zap-Robo

Two days to go! Get drawing, cutting and pasting those Christmas decorations - that Granok isn't going to decorate itself!
  11. alienfirst

So is this midnight on Friday night, or midnight of Thursday night? I get confused with 12AM due times...
  12. starspun

starspun Moderator

Before midnight EST on Friday! 12-hour time is silly and confusing!
  13. alienfirst

It iiiiiis. That makes me happy though. Means I can polish up a little more tonight after seeing a movie and then submit. Wish I had most of tomorrow too, but I'll be traveling back home so no time to do so. :(
  14. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Nice concept for a contest! I can't wait to see the winners, runners-up, and honorable mentions!
  15. Zap-Robo

Me and the rest of the team are now judging the entries - announcement should be this Friday! Our thanks to the entrants :)
  16. Zap-Robo

Winners Announcement
    Ladies and gentlemen (and Skeech) - Aurin of all ages, lend me your ears,

Despite the busyness of the Festive Season, among the family and friends that we gather around us at this time of year, two entrants braved the artistic arena to vie for the coveted WSC Custom Title! (oh yeah, and some Carbine/WildStar swag!).

Alas, while this means that the Third Prize will languish in the storage closet for a while yet, these two worthy competitors will receive their just rewards. But, I hear you cry, who are they, what did they do and who won?! Well, I'll keep you in suspense no longer...

First Prize Winner: sziszii8
    Medium: Diorama
    1-deckthegranok-szisziii8.jpg
    It was the medium used that won the judges here at WSC over - the creativity of cutting out our image and arranging it in a 3D manner. Well played, sziszii8! (Download here)

Second Prize Winner: alienfirst
    Medium: Digital Art
    2-deckthegranok-alienfirst.jpg
    Here, we were wowed by the sheer talent of the artist - adding in a whole second character to the image by hand. Excellente alienfirst! (Download here)

Congratulations to our winners - your custom title is already active and your prize delivery will be arranged as quickly as we are able!
  17. souper

souper Founding Member

Ooh nice entries. Good choice on the winner. I woulda choose it too. :D

Grats guys.
  18. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Congratulations to the First and Second place finishers! Beautiful work!
  19. szisziii8

szisziii8 Deck the Granok Winner 2011

Thank you, and congrats to Alienfirst! :)
  20. Wobbley

Wobbley Cupcake

Gratz to the winners! :D