1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Community Uplink - What Do You Want?

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by starspun, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The community uplinks are back after an extended holiday, and Carbine is interested in hearing what you want to know more about! Hop on over to Facebook and answer their poll (and/or you can click "Read more" to answer it here on WSC)​

Of course, you can always share your thoughts on this thread here at WildStar Central!​

And here's a tip for you... multiple choice!

( Read more )
  2. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

im very curious if they have any unique ideas for guilds.

also, just today i started to think that it was concerning that we havnt even seen concept art on the dominion so races got my vote
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

For me I'd love to see more lore information (especially since I imagine that tends to be locked down early and isn't subject to change like game mechanics are).

However, as people have said on IRC and other forums - the vox publis wants to hear about game mechanics (along with further faction/race/claas info). So, all of the above would be good but I'd focus on classes and factions (since I reckon game mechanics are possibly fluid right now)!
  4. thtgynmdfsh

thtgynmdfsh New Cupcake

I really have just loved every small nibble of information these guys have been giving us so far, so I'm getting very excited at the notion that they are going to begin showing even more interesting stuff. While Races/Classes/Mechanics/Systems are the most obvious favorites, I really am just interested in the smaller things that are going to set Wildstar apart from other MMORPG's.
    VooDoo likes this.
  5. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Meh. The poll results on Facebook actually discouraged me a tiny bit. Same old questions. The core concepts behind Wildstar are so completely new the players themselves don't seem to know what questions to ask. I think we've seen everything we need to know about classes and skills. Explorer-Scientist-Soldier are a profoundly revolutionary new way to look at both game design and game play. Assuming they follow through, this is going to change everything we know about online games. Personally, I hope they don't go into detail about how this core reconceptualization is forcing them to rethink everything from character design to leveling to roleplay to PvP. I want to be surprised!

Lore, history, story, mythology, culture, on the other hand, are all non-gameplay categories that they could into in great detail without worrying that they would have to recant something that didn't work out. Therefore, this is the area I'd love to see them go into. It can be done in a way that effectively and powerfully ramps up expectations without revealing game mechanics.

That's my two cents, anyway.
  6. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I would like to see more on Paths and Lore, but I also voted for classes and races. The reason I voted for those is that I would still like to see what is being planned to see if there is anything more that will be different or if they are going to "give up" at this point and put boring "same old" type of classes/races. This will tell me if they have reached their limit, or at least what the release limit is, of their inginuity and just threw out they new stuff to draw us into the game.

My penny added.
  7. VooDoo

One suggestion Id like to make on the poll via facebook is to limit the choices to maybe 2 or 3. Being able to vote on everything doesnt really serve a purpose. Granted it seems they do have popular votes, I think if people were forced to limit their decisions the outcome may have been different.

anyway, I'll be keeping tuned in to see what comes of it.

One more thing, what happened to the dev chat in January?
  8. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Unfortunately, Carbine have been swamped and I was not able to negotiate time for it for this month. I'll be working to get a February chat on the cards ASAP
  9. VooDoo

ya, im sure theyre up to their ears in work right now.. completely understandable. Man, im anxious for new info... :)
  10. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

More PvP info and maybe update this poll to see what the community wants now.
  11. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Sorry, but this thread is too old to be relevant and a reliable source of any information. Locked. </Mod Monocle>
    Kataryna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.