1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Confirmed: Chu are Genderless

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Argo, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Argo

Argo New Cupcake

During the Wildstar Stage Demo at Comic Con, someone asked if the Chua are only a single gender.

Chad Moore then dodged the question, saying he can't answer it directly and that it was a closely held secret by the Dominion.

You can see the part I am talking about here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z266TsuL320#t=602s

What do you think of the possibility of no female Chua option to play?
  2. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

I know a lot of people would be sad. My wife proposed this idea that if they kept it male only, there'd be some crazy lore reason like Jurassic Park's single gender population control. I responded with "Life finds a way."
    Nicodemus and Mellkor like this.
  3. Zorua

Zorua New Cupcake

I know I'll be especially sad if they give us some kind of cheap cop out like "They don't exist" or "They are captured to control the chua population". I know I, and a lot of others would be especially disappointed if that happened.
  4. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

this might help
    Chua.png
  5. Argo

Argo New Cupcake

Yeah, I have seen that before, but it implicitly says there are female Chua, so would that not mean there should be a Female creation option, even if Male and Female are hard to distinguish for non Chua?
  6. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

In one of the various lore postings I saw today I saw it mention that there are indeed male and female Chua, but the average none Chua observer can not tell them apart. Maybe they'll make an option for both sexes, or maybe they will make one mono option and allow the player to choose their sex via roleplay. I do not know.
    Ianpact likes this.
  7. Zorua

Zorua New Cupcake

Former or latter, I'm fine with. I've heard the same from certain sources. (I won't list because possible NDA information?)
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

meh i think if they look the same anyway there really no point. but you can still make feminine Chua like this one on the left WS_Chua_Mordesh03.jpg
  9. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

Agreed. It worked well enough in Horizons too. One creation option for dragons, but there were both male and female in the lore. Non dragons simply couldn't tell them apart. It was players choice wether they wanted to be male or female.
    Sonntam likes this.
  10. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest. I'm 99% positive they're going to make them work the same way the Asura do in GW2. The males and females will look almost exactly the same in a physical sense, but give the males and females slightly different facial features, hair styles, and etc.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Tbh I like that approuch, giving the nature of the Chua it kinda suits them somehow :D
    Sybylum likes this.
  12. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

Personally hope they are pronounced hermaphrodites. Where they contain both genitalia, and sexuality only matters in the reproductive manner.
  13. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I'm curious though, if they are just one gender what makes it automatically male? It could be that they are like snails who are both gender in one (thus actually one gender or even genderless).
  14. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

Perhaps the char creator doesn't distinguish between male and female so you can create your chua with all available options of colours, hairstyles and faces. This makes sense if they are referred to by npc's as "it" instead of he/she... Also makes for some hilarious RP options like a pink, cute doe-eyed Chua that everybody automatically thinks is female, fueling his rage, as well as creating characters with both feminine and masculine features.

Either way I'm fine with it, genders in char creator or not. They are cute, and combine the gnome/dwarf races with the goblin/rodent races appeal wise, so since I love auras, Gibberlings and short races, I am part of the target group and I do like them. I'm really glad to see screenshots with both rascal-like, rabid chua and adorable chua.
    Ianpact likes this.
  15. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Female Chuas!? Why in the world would you want them to reproduce???!!!... But in all seriousness I think not having female gender for the Chua would actually be pretty interesting, sure a lot of people would be reaaaaally mad, but it would give them a nice little twist.
  16. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I think they will just all use the same models, and you will be able to choose more feminine or masculine looking faces and hairstyles to make yours look male or female. The pink one in the picture above definitely looks girly to me in the screenshots I've seen (and not because of being pink).
  17. Lodovica

Lodovica New Cupcake

[​IMG]

I thought this one looked rather female, at the end of the video. Not because of the pink but because of the eyelashes.
    Trigger likes this.
  18. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

to me, if they put more customization option to compensate there isn't a "female" bodie, and you can roleplay as Male o Female as your wish, that would be really fun. making confusion to other players while roleplaying xdd
  19. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

20. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

Golden. I for one am glad they are more androgynous, very tired of seeing fur balls with human anatomy taped on.
    johnny likes this.