1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Confirmed: Chu are Genderless

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Argo, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

I can't hit "Like" hard enough.

-Rachel-
  2. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

Wow. Chua are freaking awesome.
    puckjepuck likes this.
  3. Dende

Dende Cupcake

Rip wet dreams of pink pony tail gnomes ! :-(
  4. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

Really been years since I seen this always thought it was a cross dressing thing...

You also got to understand not every race has 2 genders so why cant we have a race in a video game thats genderless?? maybe from player customization stand point means you cant have a rodent character with breasts which upsets people (I'm ok without the rodent race breast-less really!!)

Maybe from a RP stand point like the dwarfs that look like males because they all have beards might be a good thing for the genderless race.. lots of jokes and RP related material for players..

-Ben-
  5. Steampunkette

From what I understand they do have genders but no dimorphism. I just wanted to clarify that the female gremlin wasn't a crossdresser.

That said, I don't mind a race with no gender. Or hermaphroditic. Or somewhere in between.

-Rachel-
    Jefferson and Trigger like this.
  6. Vaneska

Vaneska New Cupcake

I'll never get that image of the female gremlin out of my head...
    Jarinolde likes this.
  7. Mog

Mog New Cupcake

Gender has nothing to do with your naughty bits. Its a societal idea that creates specific roles for people to fill on how society think males and females should behave. Sexless would mean they don't reproduce in the way that we do.
    MrsJ, Trigger and Steampunkette like this.
  8. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Omg they are Hamster Asarii :confused:
    Jarinolde likes this.
  9. Steampunkette

I love this post. I wish to make babies with it. Alas. That can never be. :(

-Rachel-
  10. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Even though we are living in society where the lines between male and female "roles" are becoming more blurred.

Though if you want to be particular about it. Gender would be determined by physical, mental, and behavioral characteristics. If we take Mass Effects Asarii even though they are mono-gender, they still have female bits and have maternal instincts, so they would still be classed as a female role (yeah they are pretty much woman). The chua from what we have seen so far don't appear to have female gender or at least don't exhibit any typical female gender traits.

-insert- off topic about royal baby being a boy and people still saying gender is not determined by bits seriously at this stage its a boy/male/dude

Also insert relatable topic about male seahorses being the ones that get pregnant :/
  11. Steampunkette

See... This is the point where I feel the need to explain every detail of trans* and how the gender binary is a social construct which damages people... But then a whole bunch of people will rant and rave about how it's "Off Topic" or "Doesn't belong on a Game's Forums" even though the discussion CLEARLY needs to be had for the benefit of some posters...

Instead I'll point you towards the Vlog Brothers and their wonderful video on gender, sexuality, and romance: Human Sexuality is Complex.

-Rachel-
    MrsJ, Snufler, Painguin and 2 others like this.
  12. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

While this is all good and all and Im sure this subject will last a very long time even after the game is released question remains. When I go to make my character will there be a ♂ or ♀ or
  13. Mog

Mog New Cupcake

Most likely you will just make the character look how you want. You want a pink Chua with a mustache? boom stached up pink Chua. You want a gray bearded Chua and RP it as a female, go for it!
    Mimsy and Trigger like this.
  14. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

A mono-gender race is different from genderless.
    The Asari are mono-gender--female. You also have that FFXI race that was a mono-gender male. A genderless race would be more like BMO from Adventure Time, who has no gender and would either have no gender identifying characteristics or have gender identifying characteristics of both genders.
  15. Polecat

Polecat New Cupcake

Oh like PAT!

Attached Files:

16. Xostro

Xostro Cupcake

I am curious how they mate, It would be very interesting if they mate just like the Asari from mass effect do.
    Even add a more interesting concept that they could mate with any race and still make more Chua.
  17. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Dear god...it really is gremlins all over again.

AWESOME!
  18. Xostro

Xostro Cupcake

That would imply that they had a gender role that was male, and were attracted to other males. They have no gender of male or female, Hermaphrodite is the best example I can think of. There are many in the animal kingdom, I recall some fish that could change there gender.
    Ayora likes this.
  19. Xostro

Xostro Cupcake

This may sound strange, But is there any word as to exactly how they reproduce? It would be very interesting if they were like the Asari from mass effect, Could mate with anything and always make more Chua.
  20. Lyng

Lyng New Cupcake

My blood elf Warlock was very manly!!!! *slaps Jarinolde acroos the face with a white glove*