1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Costumes

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by coolster50, Apr 18, 2014.

1. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

I can't seem to figure out how to equip a costume without replacing my current gear. I no longer see the edit costume button on the character window so how do you equip costumes?
  2. Bockses

Bockses New Cupcake

You now have to set up your costume presets from the dye vendor
  3. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

I was pretty disappointed with this change. Seems silly to allow us to learn new abilities on the fly, but now have to go back to the capitol city just to equip costume items.
    Val likes this.
  4. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

I'd have to agree. I would much prefer the dye/costume options to be rolled into the character panel altogether. GW2 did an amazing job of it, and recently made dyes account wide. That's just way more awesome a system than what we have right now.
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Bellequinn

Bellequinn New Cupcake

/costumes will open the costume panel and you can equip items outside of the city
  6. Bockses

Bockses New Cupcake

I stand corrected :)
    I'll have to try that out, didn't think to try a command after seeing the new dye vendor setup.
  7. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Found this out through zone chat. Still shouldn't have removed the button in the UI.
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

There's still a button on the character panel. The problem is that the costume interface is bugged. I thought that would be obvious.
  9. Fiarre Catcher

Fiarre Catcher New Cupcake

/costumes worked for me too.. but only after asking in zone channel :D - I also enjoyed the way GW2 did it.
  10. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

After doing some reading on the official forums I've found out a couple of things:
    • The /costumes command is going to be removed.
    • The reason for the change is that people were using the costume slots as storage and a means to quickly change between DPS-gear and Tanking- or Healing-gear. Of course the devs had not intended for the costume system to be used for either of those purposes.
    Personally I'm a bit confused, because every piece of gear I put in a costume slot remained in the character's inventory. It never worked as any kind of storage or equipment management system for me, although that was during the Winter Beta.
  11. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I'm suddenly wondering why this is such a bad thing. I've constantly been running out of bag space. Plus, pretty much everyone who fills the roll of a healer or tank is going to carry a second set of gear for DPS soloing. Maybe even a third set if you count pvp equipment. Our LAS can be switched quickly between different roles, but that hardly matters because you also need the items to go with that role to be effective.