1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Could we get forums sectioned for PvE, PvP, and RP type servers?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kethrym, May 27, 2013.

1. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

It will happen eventually, the servers will be announced and people will spend time talking to those who are playing on their same style of server. It's human nature, we gravitate towards those players we relate to.

The harcore PvP players will form their "group" once servers are announced, and the hardcore Raiders will do the same. The RP'ers already have a separate site, but new players here wouldn't know where to find it. Not to mention certain players may not be a part of these three groups, but they enjoy playing on those same servers because of their respective mindset.

I also understand that it would separate the community as a whole, but it also helps to promote server relations among peers. It's a literal double edged sword.

Just an idea based on years of MMO forums participation. It's your site, you do what you want ;)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well for me, that's what guilds are for aswell.

We from the Errant Unit also talk from time to time on the guild website.
    So really ''Hardcore'' PvX players would probably already be in a guild? Mayby?

Seperating the community can happen, and the best idea's are those that take EVERY aspect of the game into consideration which is promoted by a cross-playstyle community. So i rather not see a seperation between PvP/vE/RP on these forums.

But that's just my thoughts about it. I wouldn't want to stop talking to you, because you are going to play RP :D I would miss you too much :p
    Kethrym likes this.
  3. Kethrym

My counter point to that would be that some of us (probably more) don't join guilds in the prelaunch phase of a game. Too many guilds go away or disband in the first month or two. I'm not a fan of putting all my eggs into one basket when it comes to guilds.

Of course the regular channels of forums communications would still be there as well, because some people are worth interacting with regardless of playstyle. Like that dominion guy above me said. ;)
    Extatica likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oke now i'll re-counter with:
    I aint putting all my eggs to the guild, if i don't like it when the games launches i'll leave asap and join others or none. But it's a great way to get into contact with people that play the same style/server.

Also mayby you can make a thread? Like a thread: All PvP subject, All RP subject etc. ? This way you can still get to inform those people you wish to inform about something only for PvP'ers etc.

But i can also see the positive side to it ;) I aint against it for 100% it's more like i'm 60% against.
    Kethrym likes this.
  5. Kethrym

Valid points my friend. Time to ponder the possibilities of a sticky worthy thread. You know for a furry little science freak, you're not so bad. Until you try to kill me....then we've got issues. ;)
    Extatica likes this.
  6. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Once we have information on server types, and the volume of posts warrant it, there will certainly be additional forums. Right now though, since we mainly have speculative threads I'm not seeing the call for it.

It is, as I said , on the roadmap for the site though.
    Kethrym likes this.
  7. Kethrym

Thank you good sir :) You're on the ball as always.