1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Countdown to Launch

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Domi Dayglow, May 19, 2014.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Oh noes! Open Beta is over! The server is off! After ten days of nommy happy of Nexus it's gone!

cry.jpg

I'm scared! I'm sad! I want a hug! It will be okay? Right? I mean it's not that long to launch. The 31st! Headstart! That's like....erm. Okay, Maff. ....Aurin Maff. One...two...three...potatoer, six, seven, purple, orange....12! 12 Days of no Wildstar! It will be fine! Right?

thumbsupemote.jpg

Yes it will! Because in 12 Days we will have our Wildstar! We will have our Nexus! Our Exiles and Dominion! Yays!

cheer.jpg

I'm not afraid! I'm brave! I'm going to think happy thoughts! I will buy cupcakes for the thirty-first! 12 Cupcakes! And I will eat one every day! Then I will think happy thoughts when I eat the last cupcake on headstart day!

thyadsitting.jpg

What are you going to do to prepare for the 12 days? (or, like, 15ish if you didn't preorder!)
  2. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

Gonna sharpen up a few thousand "Aurin poking sticks" and sell them to Chua come launch.
  3. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Stockpiling...
    [​IMG]
    gabers1 likes this.
  4. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

Weeeeell, at the last-minute my friends have decided to go Dominion after all. This changes everything!

First, I'll be waving g'bye to my mop-top Aurin Esper with flowers in his hair. Second, I'm going to be deciding what I want my demonic little fur-ball of Support Esper DOOM to look like.

Oh and buying sharp sticks! >D
  5. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Depends on how battles are flowing on planetside 2. The game helps keep my twitch reflexes honed. Otherwise I may actually have do work around the house :O ....or netflix lol.
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i'm going to be drumming my fingers together and laughing maniacally since NO ONE in the whole game besides me will be named Kataryna (well, maybe on the EU servers AFTER the names are released...but, i shall have a Kataryna on EVERY SERVER EVAR MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!)

And this will piss off all the LoL Noobs that wanna steal MY name that I've had for nearly 10 years now!! :D MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
  7. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

All the better to target you with in BGs my dear. ;)
  8. Domi Dayglow

10 days left! (for preorder peoples) I don't know if I can make it! Ten whole days! Cupcake supply dwindling. But it's so much fun to watch the updater patch!
  9. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

You realize that you are starting to sound like Franbunny now right? :(
  10. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

+1

........ please promptly have your man slap the Fran out of you, bonus points if you upload.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  11. Domi Dayglow

They just turned the servers off after patching....but it was so much fun to be able to scamper around Nexus for even a little while!

.....I think I'm addicted. :confused:
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

who? what?

I'm just happy I get to stay Kataryna instead of resorting to Kattryna or Kattrynas or Katarynas it makes me sad when I have to do that :-/
  13. Domi Dayglow

Don't be sad. Be happy! You get to be Kateryna! In Wildstar! in Ten days!

And you're not a chua! Yays!
  14. Livnthedream

An attention whore from the main forums.

I still feel that this whole "identity" based around a name in game is a little absurd. Even when playing with long running people. Its weird to call someone *insert video game name here* when you have been playing with them for *insert number of years here*. Those sorts of situations tend to become real names as if you have played with them for such periods they have rarely kept the same character.
  15. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

I can toally understand the thing about the name and in guild it does totally turn into real life names but for new players coming in having consistency with your cross game names, forums and character names makes their life easier. You've got players with a reasomable level of recognition across a number of communities and it makes everything from helping other players, networking, keeping in contact and generally keeping their reputation from being totally trashed in game a lot easier if they are just able to lock down a consistent name.

tldr version there are numerous advantages to keeping a consistent name across games for particular sub sets of gamers

morning coffee induced waffle
  16. Livnthedream

Making things easier shouldn't mean the end of the world though. Especially when many of those players seem to think it really is a new identity. That is crossing the threshold of "healthy escapism".
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

My hubby's characters have been named Licurgo for a few years now (it was funny when he race changed his Rogue from Night Elf to Worgen - Licurgo means "he who frightens off wolves") Some people couldn't pronounce Licurgo (le sir go) so our MT in WoW started calling him Ig and/or Iggy. So, even on Vent I'll call him Iggy. There have been a few times that I'll actually call him that IRL just 'cause I'm so used to it. And he'll call me Kat also. The origination of my name was when I was thinking of a name for my Warlock in WoW and Kathryn (my middle name) was taken already on the server, so I looked up names that are similar to Kathryn in spelling (I like the Y being in there) and found Kataryna. I've been Kataryna/Kat/Kattryna/Katt ever since. (Kattryna came when we server changed in WoW and Kataryna was taken on the new server - made me sad)
  18. Domi Dayglow

Eight days! I just feel like bouncing for a few hours. Then I'll probably sleep. I wish I could sleep for eight days.