1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Covenant of the Phoenix | Multi Gaming Community | Dominion

Discussion in 'Dominion Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Damis, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Damis

Damis New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    I. Intro
    Covenant of the Phoenix is an international gaming community that maintains high standards of game play while still maintaining a close-knit family atmosphere. The guild was established in 1997 on the Great Lakes server of Ultima Online and was founded on the principles of loyalty, honor, and brotherhood and thrives because on-line adventure games are more fun in the company of kindred spirits.​
    Since it's inception, CotP has branched out into a wide variety of MMOs and other games. Currently, ArcheAge, EverQuest Next, Elder Scrolls Online, and Star Citizen loom large on our radar.​
    We are much more than just a guild, we are a family. The community is very active in the management of the guild and the website. All members are viewed as equals and are not considered just another number. Our membership ranges in age from teens to the late sixties and geographically spans the globe (although most are adults residing in the North American continent).​
    Most of us have jobs or college commitments and families, and therefore we support the premise that real-life has priority over game-life. That doesn't mean we don't do our best to be the top guild in every game we play; it just means that we don't set any ridiculous requirements for our members to live up to. Gaming should be fun, not work!
    II. Guild Focus
    We have a good mix of gaming styles from the casual to the hard-core, with our focus being to provide opportunities for all our members to participate in end-game events. We plan to be involved in all facets of game-play and provide support to our members in whatever path they choose to follow.​
    We don't force members to raid or play "x" amount of hours per week. Our community has an established and sustainable mix of style, talent and ability which allow us to accomplish our goals without burning out any particular group.​
    Check us out at: www.cotp.info
    SirRobin and MadBlue like this.
  2. Elric

Elric New Cupcake

I've been a part of COTP for about 3 years now, and I can honestly say I will never have to find another guild again. This community is incredibly helpful and has a lot of great people. The greatest part of COTP is that you can enjoy a MMO with the COTP community, and move on to another game while still hanging out with the same friends that you've come to know over the years. Even when I was "in between" major MMO's, I still had a solid group of gaming friends to play Steam games, FPS games, and strategy games with.

Add that to a guild with active Mumble (voice chat), forums, and a stable community - and I really can't imagine a better group to be gaming with. ;)
    ArsenixTG, SirRobin and MadBlue like this.
  3. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

I've been a member of COTP for about 3 years as well and have joined a COTP chapter in every MMO I've played since then. People are very friendly and helpful, and like Elric said, it's nice to build up a group of friends that you can get to know and play different games with. I'll be part of the guild leadership team in WildStar, so I'm looking forward to starting up a chapter here.
    SirRobin likes this.
  4. Nanulak

Nanulak New Cupcake

As a member of COTP for almost 3 years now I can vouch for the fact that there is no harassment or pressure to play. I just log in and play at my convenience. As a multi game guild I can play any game I wish and always have a few friends to play with. And with the guilds mumble and web site messaging I can always stay in contact with my friends from all over the world no matter what game I am currently playing. As a good example I have friends in different countries who message me and ask that I get into a certain mumble channel and we can chat (most mumble channels open to all). The ability to have friends no matter where my gaming whim takes me is invaluable. Thanks COTP. I will see you in Star Citizen as well as many other games in the future.
    MadBlue and SirRobin like this.
  5. cord66

cord66 New Cupcake

I joined COTP while playing SWTOR after the guild I had been in failed to have any regular interest in moving from Lotro. So I've been with COTP about 1.5 years, and have had the opportunity to observe the wonderful community within COTP as I've tried out others games or just hung out chatting.

I learned much about the comradery of the guild in SWTOR, in how active they were at holding guild events, helping new comers learn the game, taking established solo players and gently guiding them in their attempts to learn PvP or Raiding, etc. I met some of the other members when I took time off and started playing World of Tanks, and experienced much the same helpfulness. Whether teaming up and running maps together, or getting guidance on which tanks to pursue or more often, how to actually play the one I had without dieing constantly, those I met in WoT were the same quality and caliber of people I'd met in SWTOR. From young to old, couples to families, all have helped keep games fun.

If you asked me to summarize my experience so far in COTP, I think I'd say this:
    <blockquote>COTP is varied, full of those with knowledge, those with fire and spunk, those with desire to see, learn, experience more. Everyone brings something different to the table, so if you are willing to learn, teach, and be a friend, you'll find comrades in arms in COTP. </blockquote>
    MadBlue and SirRobin like this.
  6. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Joined up with these fellows and having fun. :cool:
    MadBlue likes this.
  7. ArsenixTG

ArsenixTG New Cupcake

I've been playing with these guys for over 2 years in all of my MMO's and not once have I thought I could have joined a better guild in all of the games that I've played. I can't wait to kill stuff with them on Nexus
    MadBlue likes this.
  8. ArsenixTG

ArsenixTG New Cupcake

In case anyone was wondering, COTP will be having both an Exile and a Dominion side guild as we normally do however, we will be focusing dominion to begin with. feel free to share what race or class you'll be playing at launch and hit us up at www.cotp.info
  9. Throne

Throne New Cupcake

I have been a part of this fantastic gaming community for nearly 14 years. I have gone from the Darktide server of Asheron's Call to SWG's Bloodfin to DFO EU, AoC, SWTOR and now playing the Epic servers in Wurm Online. I've been met by a group of new and old faces in each chapter throughout the years,, and though each group is very different, the amazing family atmosphere is the same across all our gaming chapters.

This community is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wishes to be a part of a lasting gaming family no matter what game they choose to play.
  10. Elric

Elric New Cupcake

COTP has started to ramp up our recruiting in-game as well on various forums such as this. Come join us for Open Beta, and into launch in a couple of weeks! ;)
  11. Elric

Elric New Cupcake

12. Brandon Zagozdon

Brandon Zagozdon New Cupcake

Its been some great experiences in the first few weeks playing WildStar with COTP! We did a few groups of guild runs for the first two dungeons and the laughs and entertainment was PRICELESS! Definitely a great bunch of fellows! We always have people in mumble who are either in game or just there to chat! I really recommend joining if you want to join in on our fun!
  13. Irokky

Irokky New Cupcake

I have been part of CotP for four years, across three chapters. I couldn't give a more glowing recommendation as to a guild to be apart of for your Wildstar experience.
  14. Kiari

Kiari New Cupcake

I was wondering how i would go about getting a invite? im a level 12 chua spellslinger. my toon name is Kiari if it's easier send me a message in game