1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Recruiting [DDD] UK/GBR PvE & Social Focus Guild

Discussion in 'Exile Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by eharper256, Dec 18, 2013.

1. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Hi all, welcome to the DDD topic!

Who We Are
    Double Decker Disaster (DDD) is a PvE/social/casual guild. We will be playing Exiles on an EU-PvE server/realm (Eko). Our members are primarily UK/GBR but we welcome players from all over the EU as long as they speak/understand fluent English (participation/communication via the forum and guild chat are important!). While our main focus is PvE and social fun, we plan to partake in all aspects of WildStar including housing, crafting, adventures, dungeons, raiding, PvP arena/battlegrounds, warplots, etc.

DDD is lead by a guild leader/officers who aim for creating a family, rather than a corporation. That isn't to say that we won't strive to do our best in whatever we do, but we certainly will not approach things in a semi-hardcore/hardcore manner. Our guild leader and supporting officers all have personal lives/schedules (just like everyone else), but are dedicated to the guild and will endeavor to be online regularly (most nights, in fact), even if only long enough to touch base with members.

In short, our goal is to have fun playing WildStar together by maintaining/providing a friendly and lively environment during all guild events and general activities.

Guild Events
    Besides game-generated events and activities, DDD will also organize guild events and competitions including, but not limited to, holiday celebrations, PvP tournaments, races, treasure hunts, housing challenges, trivia games, screenshot/caption contests, etc, where people can get together, get to know one another and just have a good time!

Buddy System
    DDD aims to assist newcomers to the guild by using a Buddy System. Essentially new members will be assigned to an officer (veteran member) with more or less the same play schedule, who will act as the new member's first point of contact should they require assistance, advice or counseling.

VOIP
    DDD has access to a dedicated VENT channel for use by its members. While listening during organized events (i.e. dungeons/raids) will be required, speaking is not mandatory (though encouraged).

What are you waiting for? Apply today!
    If we sound like a good fit/match to your own personal goals, then great! We welcome you to submit an application and will get back to you ASAP. http://ddd.guildlaunch.com
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Good luck with the guild, and don't forget to Register on the all guild thread so people can see it even faster and better :up:
  3. Darkace

Darkace Cupcake

Hi , Im based in the UK and am interested if you get things going.
    Exiles Rule so your leaning is in the right direction at the moment :)
  4. eharper256

Cool beans. I'd say if I can pull even 5-6 members from here over the next couple of months we might well be good to go. I can top up extras from my IRL friends after all (though some could be troublesome: I've got to be dragging one out of EVE, convincing the second to be lazy rather than going to the gym, and trying to convince the third that MMO's are not meant to be played on PS4!).
  5. Rosehipsoup

Rosehipsoup New Cupcake

Interesting, Ill keep an eye on this point the coming month I think, though not from the UK, but Sweden I have always got along really well in UK based guilds of your type. Deciding factors are several but amongst the most important will likely be my two friends who I have played with for 9 years and counting. Reason for a UK based guild? Time zone and the fact that I know I will understand what everyone in G-chat writes.
  6. eharper256

Jolly good. Interestingly, I can also say I've also met some very professional Scandinavian guilds in my travels.

In any case, if this comes to fruition you're entirely welcome too. We shall see how things go.

Also: extra points for Vash the Stampede. You've suddenly made me consider making a really silly Spellslinger version of him that tries his hardest to avoid DPS'ing. :roflamo:
  7. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Er wrong forum, and if you rolling on a PvE server, how could you have/be a ganker :D
  8. eharper256

Covering all my bases. Besides, redundancy is to be expected, I work for the government, lol. :cool:

Wrong forum? It's not recruiting at this stage, it's gauging interest, so I thought it was best on general. Should a mod disagree, though, they can feel free to move it.
  9. Loeron67

Loeron67 New Cupcake

Hi

Based in the UK. I would be interested in joining especially if you go Exile.
  10. eharper256

Sweet. Looks like Exiles have a decisive swing at the moment, but we shall see. Honestly, I'd be all over them myself, since I'm not bothered about the Chua or Mechari whilst liking Granok and Aurin, but its just Cassian's seem to have so much more panache than Exile humans! (also: Malvolio~ because awesome reference~ Twelfth Night is one of the few great Shakespeare plays)
  11. Darkace

Darkace Cupcake

I didnt get the Shakespeare reference with Malvolio until now. Nice. He is the one character that draws me to the Dominion in the flicks and wants me to play a Cassian. BUT who doesnt want to be a great big ROCK GUY. Ive just got to be a Granok.
  12. eharper256

Don't blame you in the slightest. I almost certainly shall, at the very least, have a Granok Alt.
  13. Greatheart

Greatheart Cupcake

Whew! Damn good job I found this post! I was about to create an exact same guild setup myself as everyone was going PvP/Dominion. :)

I'm UK based and have alot of MMO experience including being GM/Officer/Raid Leader in a few guilds for a long time. I really hope you get this guild on its feet and I'm happy to help!

US or EU?
    EU server preferably if they have them.

Exile/Dominion?
    Exile for me as the missus loves Aurin.

Raids?
    Hell yeah! Times I'd prefer are 7pm-10pm so it doesn't affect work or invoke the wrath of the missus. As for days I'm game anytime. Size is dependant on Wildstar but I've done raids up to 60 people before.

Organisation?
    Your setup sounds good, better than most guilds I've been in. Though I'd probably have 1 officer per 10 members which makes leading multiple groups easier (if they're 5 man max). This also allows you to have an easy "Buddy" system which I've run in some guilds before. So each guildy is set an officer, if they have any trouble then they talk to them about it. I quite liked that system as it got new players familiarised with a group of other players really quickly and kept guild chat free of most FAQ's as they would whisper their officer about things.

As for guild names I quite like Blades of Avalon. I can't think of any serious guild names off the top of my head so my Brit-Themed suggestion is "Double Decker Disaster"! :D
    eharper256 likes this.
  14. eharper256

Hi Greatheart! Thanks for the input, you (and the missus) would be welcome to join.

Don't worry, Raids would be 7-10pm since I also work 8:30-5 (getting home at 5:35) and would like to get some tea before I sit down to a game!!

It would be nice to have somebody with some raid leading experience such as yourself, actually, since I've mostly led dungeon-crawls and wildness hunts myself (could rarely get everyone on at the same time for raids in my previous guilds).

The buddy system is a nice idea actually. I like that alot and may shamelessly steal it if we got enough members to warrant it.

I actually also quite like Double Decker Disaster purely because it becomes 'D.D.D.', which reminds me of Krusty's awesome guild from Log Horizon, one of the best anime's this season.
    Greatheart likes this.
  15. Greatheart

Greatheart Cupcake

Epic!

I'll have to start working on the usual guild events I host in MMO's, quiz nights, treasure hunts, races, jumping puzzles etc, makes for a really social atmosphere and breaks up the monotony of playing. :)

Ohh new anime to check out! Been between games recently so I'm just powering through Animes in no time.
  16. eharper256

That would be superb. Nobody ever wanted to do the race events I set during GW2, haha, so I eventually stopped bothering, which was a shame.

As for anime, it has been a season of dark horses. I thought when I checked out previews it would be a sham and I'd only have Monogatari Second Season to carry on watching; but Log Horizon, Ars Nova, and Outbreak Company have all been solid shows.
  17. Greatheart

Greatheart Cupcake

Yeah too many speed increasing effects and no mounts. I'm hoping that hoverboard races will go down well. :)

Just working my way through Sword Art Online atm. Loved the .Hack series so this was a no-brainer.
  18. eharper256

SAO's anime was actually a pretty terrible adaptation of the books, which themselves were decent if not spectacular. Sadly it seems the first six books have been licensed now, but you can still read the fan-translations of the later books at Baka-Tsuki (the anime goes up to book 4). The first Alicization is probably the best IMHO. But dammit Kirito, control your Tohno-gland already, you've already got Asuna.

I think I would like to go for Speeder Bike Races myself. Not sure about hoverboards, besides the funny Back to the Future II homage they represent.
  19. Scott Bryan

Scott Bryan New Cupcake

Just wanted to add in here, same detail as OP, work full time and have family commitments, but am really loving the look of this game, and would love to find a British guild working on the same timings as I can. I would say in past experience, us severs are more active than eu servers, Again personally prefer the look of dominion but for me it's always been a battle between mechari and mordesh, so I am happy to roll either really.

Ps double decker disaster us a great name for a Brit guild!
    eharper256 likes this.
  20. eharper256

Hi Scott, thanks for the input.

I do hear you in about the Dominion, at least in panache they have it, but like yourself I could swing either way. Its also interesting to hear another person note that the US servers are more full, because you're absolutely right, that does tend to be the case, and its the reason I offer it as an option.

Also, another DDD vote as well. Haha.

Looks like we actually have a fairly steady trickle here. If we see a couple more, I'll go ahead and make up a formal guild topic I guess.