1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Dear Devs, Help us make awesome guild sites

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Wardin Novascrub, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Wardin Novascrub

Wardin Novascrub New Cupcake

Big endgame needs big guilds. And big guilds are... difficult to coordinate sometimes. Since we live in the future, I'm going to do my dead-level best to create awesome communication tools for my guild. To that end, I would love some support that only Carbine is in a position to provide.

I heard today in the Pax panel that there are some web tools forthcoming to help us coordinate server choices and all, and that's great and really appreciated. Here are a few things that I'd also like to see. Also, I'd like to hear if others have wishlist items I've missed.

#1 omgmusthaveforlaunch and shouldntbetoohairy: openid.
    I don't want to have to rely on fb, twitter, g+, or anybody but you guys. Anyone playing trusts you enough to have validated their identity to you. I shouldn't require them to trust anyone else.

In the fullness of time: Misc, appropriate http apis.
    I'm at a bit of a loss as I don't know what features will be in the game, but here are some I know I would like:
    -Player build/equip/stats
    -Leaderboards
    -Contents of guild bank (are there guild banks?)
    -Current build of warplot
    -General metadata (tech trees, any sort of obviously visible static game data)
    -Server Info (pop, online)
    -Market Info

Thanks for listening!
  2. expendability

expendability Cupcake

They said there will be (or are working on) leader boards for Pvp and pve at the panel
  3. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Imo, "current build of warplot" should be private info, although I'm not sure if there is a pre-plan phase before battle starts, where you pick your loadout based on the things you have acquired. In that case it wouldn't matter because the "current build" would always be blank.
  4. Wardin Novascrub

Wardin Novascrub New Cupcake

Private, sure. I'll be happy to do some hoopjumping to authenticate if I can surface my guild info on my guild site. The warplot would certainly be under lock & key there. But I'd like to offer guildies dot voting on how to build it out, and show progress toward democratically selected goals. I think that would really help people feel some agency, and urgency, and most importantly fun.