1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

DevSpeak: Ability Mechanics

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Howdeh Cupcakes!

Team WildStar have just released the latest and potentially greatest DevSpeak building up that combat sandwich they've been showing us since the Aiming DevSpeak. Anyway, enough of my rambling, get to watching!
    ( Watch it now! )
  2. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Every single Devspeak makes me more excited to play. As for this one, I can't wait to stun and unleash hell on something(or one) unsuspecting it. Also, using breakout gameplay to turn those exact tables on someone else is gonna rock! The reactive nature of combat is just gonna make it so much fun and give tons of longevity to the gameplay.

Also those remaining classes teased! Well done as usual Carbine. :)
  3. Destrin

Destrin Cupcake

This.
    Siflay likes this.
  4. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

I sense that a learning curve is evolving here. Nothing i learned from my 9 years of MMO's is gonna come to help me with this. Except for the common knowledge of quest objectives and spells descriptions really. Im hyped again. Thanks Carbine
  5. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

yay they showed the medic and it does indeed have punching glove things

and the engineer with its rifle
  6. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

Ah yes, the bread and butter of what I look for in any game, fightin' mechanics. It's nice to see that they want me to do more than just sit and spam. As a spellcaster/healer it's also nice to know that things like the powerful channeled spells aren't being screwed with by forcing movement interrupts. It would be interesting to see if staying still would effect things like decreased cast time (I doubt it).

I'm not sure why anyone hasn't commented on this fact, so I'll be the first: There is a notable absence of rowsdowers in this video. I find this problematic. Could the devs have forgotten such a vital part of DEVspeaks, or are they just heightening the tension for the inevitable doom of Brofessional? Since they haven't told us, I can only assume that Rowsdemon has possessed him, and the next DEVspeak will show off each class by having possessed Brofessional assassinate/fight each one in revenge. The only other possible option is that all classes will fight Rowsdemon as a world raid boss.
  7. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

I'm still happy we can move and cast. hated being a healer or caster in other mmos and. just. standing. there. asking. to. DIE!

wtb game already :( these other mmos are boring me to tears!
  8. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

from the DISCLAIMER
    -
    ruff_ethereal and Crazyblade like this.
  9. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Stuff we knew or expected. Sounds fun and it was cool to see it in action.

Feeling the TERA influences today. That's not a bad thing at least as far as combat goes.

Side note.... Freeze framed during a Chua jumping, I love the detail. Different facial expressions for different parts of the jump... GJ Carbine.:)

Edit: Female Mordesh have a lot of wiggle.
  10. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to walk around with WASD and use my 1-9 abilities at the same time. This devspeak especially shows you really can't stay still while fighting. I had the same problem with WoW and Tera. Unless you have a MMO gaming mouse, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to play this.

Don't think I'm not still pro-Wildstar though. I figure I'd get used to the system anyhow, just wanted a heads up
  11. ArchGamer

ArchGamer New Cupcake

I thought the same thing! I had to watch it again to make sure I didn't some how miss the next segment of the epic tale that has unfolded in the previous DEVspeaks. WE WANT ROWSDOWERS!!!
  12. Gray

Gray Podcaster

Excellent.​

[​IMG]
  13. NemtheNoob

NemtheNoob New Cupcake

Has anyone transcribed/posted the disclaimer yet?
  14. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

My suggestion would be to get a gamepad. Seems like this style of gameplay will be great when using a gamepad. I hope that Carbine will be supporting gamepads rather than having to rely on third-party software.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  15. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

1. I'm not sure how a MMORPG would be playable well with a gamepad. Tera didn't really do it for me.
    2. A MMO gaming mouse would be an option, but...

..3. I think a game should be playable by all. I don't think Wildstar will be playable on a laptop without a mouse, for that it's too active. But I have a good mouse and I like my mouse. If I would be 'forced' to buy a gaming mouse just for 1 game it would be a let down for me.

Then again, I'd still buy/play Wildstar even if I was forced to buy accessoires. I would just be less happy.

Did anyone play the beta/demo on Gamescom? How does the gameplay feel? What was the setup @ Gamescom? Surely they didn't all have gaming mouses there, right??
  16. Chrilin

Disclaimer: I am sure that no extra hardware will be necessary to play WildStar effectively.

Not sure about a gamepad. I bought a keypad to use in WildStar and have been testing it out in TERA. It works well but most people will refer you to a gaming mouse like a Naga or Hex.
  17. Eastwood

Eastwood New Cupcake

I was surprised to see a DevSpeak video up today! After I watch those videos I get really excited for this game. I'm trying not to hype myself up too much, but its really hard sometimes.
  18. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

I love devspeak ^^
  19. Chrilin

All of the videos I have seen of the demo's have been of standard mouse/keyboard arrangements.
  20. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Another great devspeak - loved the disclaimer as always.

Laughed at the joke, no need to read it yourselves though! ;) I remember that 'secret speak' from my school days lol (yes I still remember those before you say anything Weenz/Taerin and co. :p).