1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Did anyone lose their name to the late-day confusion?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by PalsyPlague, May 15, 2014.

1. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

My friend reserved a very sought after name about four minutes after the name reservation page went up (lucky!). But then when he went back in later in the day to check on his reservation the page told him that he didn't have a name reserved at all anymore. By that time somebody had taken his name of choice.

<< This was when the lag between the name reservation site and the name database was causing everyone's name to appear as unreserved. >>

So my friend, in a panic, reserved his backup name. Now his officially reserved name is his backup name and whoever stole his original reservation is going to get it. Here's the argument for why he should be able to keep his original name:

But for the error made by Carbine, he never would have had the desire or ability to replace his original reservation.

In any case, the situation really sucks for him because he's been trying to reserve this name in every mmo since the release of FFXI and has never gotten it before this one.

Back to the point of the post. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this for my friend or did he screw himself out of his selection by panicking during the server lag event?
  2. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Well, the names are only reserved for the 1st 14 days after Go Live (June 3rd). They are reserved across all servers to start with. After the 14 days, however, the name will only be reserved on any servers(s) a character with that name was actually created on. Meaning, with a little patience, if your friend gets on a server where the name wasn't used he has pretty good chance to nab it on the 15th day if he is quick.

Shoot his friends can even help him out on day 15 by each of you going to different servers and creating chars with that name. One of you is bound to get it. You all then play on that server (or not 5-man grouping is cross-server). Simply coordinate Friend #2 deleting his "place holder char" (and thus freeing up the name) with Friend #1, so #1 gets his name.

Oh yeah, because I'm a Douglas Adams fan
    [​IMG]
  3. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I had to wait 24 hours but I still reserved my names. It looks like they weren't popular enough :)