1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Dislike button

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Carebear Commander, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

I don't really like it when there is a "Like" button, but not a "Dislike" button. I don't think there should be any consequences to disliking posts.I suppose posts with excessive "dislikes" might raise alarms though. Anook has a "Dislike" option. I almost never use it, but I like having the option.

I'm pretty sure this suggestion will get turned down, but I wanted to try anyway. :)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

And that with so few words :p

I want it in aswell, but soly for a egocentric reason: ''it's something I can collect'' :D

I've already done the collecting of ''likes'' and ''followers'' and ''posts'' now let's get another thing :up:
    Ianpact and Carebear Commander like this.
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Thanks for the feedback - I do have the option of a Upvote/Downvote system that I can restrict to certain forums (and I may even implement it in a Game Suggestion forum at some later time) but nope... no dislike button at this time.

Thanks!
  4. Carebear Commander

DISLIKE! :mad:

I do think Downvoting would be fun for game suggestions.
    Zap-Robo likes this.
  5. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Dislikes buttons do not promote discussion. If I say something people don't like I want to know why and offer rebuttal. I don't want to see X number of people dislike my post and have only a small number of people express their opinion on what I said.
  6. Carebear Commander

The same argument could be said for "Like" buttons. Especially since I indiscriminately "like" a lot of posts in threads I'm interested in. Really, neither option is necessary. My reason for wanting this is for balance. There can be no likes without a dislike. I knew such a suggestion would most likely be turned down, but it was fun to try. Also nice to know I wasn't the only one who wanted this.
    Ianpact and FruitPunchHero like this.
  7. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

That is true about likes. I don't want to get rid of them because I need validation from an online forum about a video game that isn't even out yet. :p
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  8. Carebear Commander

An acceptable rebuttal to my argument! At least you're honest about why you like "likes." ;)
  9. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

I don't really approve of a dislike button simply because there are a few individuals on the forums (We all know they're around!) that'll use this dislike tool as a sort of "Challenge Accepted" into seeing just how many dislikes they can get before the ban hammer caves in their skulls. I've seen it on previous MMO forums where they intentionally troll and show disapproval just to get that infamous dislike added xD

So i'm ok at keeping those trolls quiet! A benefit of one, however, would be to know who the ill-will'd are. But hard to see that when some kids wanna get disliked just to get attention lol So even though I say i dislike it, i'm not against it. Call me indifferent!
  10. Carebear Commander

I suppose you have a point, but there are also people who make it contest to see if they can get the most "likes". I think at one point, someone created a second account to "like" everything their other account posted. It was something talked about in a few status posts a while ago.

I didn't want there to be a penalty to "dislikes," just wanted something to balance all the "likes." But yes, I understand how it can be used as a tool of evil. I have now decided to indiscriminately "like" every reply to this thread to abuse the system. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Chronas likes this.
  11. Hezrou

Likes are overrated anyway! lol!
  12. Carebear Commander

Now you're just fishing for more likes! I'm onto you! ~gives you more likes~
    Chronas likes this.
  13. Hezrou

I am not! You're just a like-monger! It is not my fault xD
  14. Carebear Commander

As fun as it is to fake argue, I think I'm gonna stop now. I don't want this to be pages upon pages of us arguing (even though that would be awesome!). I don't think it would be constructive for a thread in the Suggestions & Feedback forum. So I shall back out unless more constructive replies occur, and then maybe we can spend a few posts being goofy. :D
  15. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Going to quote my self from another thread:

Roadblock and Carebear Commander like this.
  16. Carebear Commander

If dislikes have no consequences, I don't see it as being any more harmful than indiscriminate liking. But I do understand some users will make it a contest to see who can get the most dislikes before getting banned for posting offensive content.