1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

DKP Management Solution

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Kilo, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Kilo

Kilo New Cupcake

We are going to be using DKP for loot distribution since because of the large scale raids. My searching has only brought me so far and could use some other input.

So far I have found

eqdkp: Hasn't been updated in a couple of years and rather old and needs to be hosted separately from guild site

eqdkp-plus: Has been updated recently, but also needs to be hosted separately from guild site. Installation giving me 500 errors on server

enjin DKP: Limited functionality, but built in service for our guild website.

guildlaunch dkp: free website, but have to pay monthly for add free use

google docs: free, but completely manual, no way to track raid attendance except for pencil and paper. Easily manipulated if write access is given to the wrong person.

Does anyone have any other ideas? (or possibly an older version of eqdkp-plus that i could try to install. They do not have a way to download older versions)
  2. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

I personally recommend Google Docs. You can search the database for DKP sheets already available that have the formulaic algorithms already in place. All you need is a list of names and gg. If you have some knowledge in writing/editing algorithms and filters, you can really integrate it into other systems as well.

We use Google Docs for our roster, numerical damage/healing/tank statistics, our raiding roster, attendance tracking etc. as well. It automatically ties in with other spreadsheets we have to make one mega-information list we call our "Almanac". This Almanac pulls from our databases on the forums, and multiple other spreadsheets (recruitment, pvp, pve, economy, DKP, etc) to form a simple and easy to view "report" that is fun to look at.

We are planning on integrating this with the LUA-based addon scripting system so we can automatically record boss deaths and input player stats/data to Google, but not much information can be said on that so far due to NDA.

In terms of DKP, we used a modified system of an older Everquest DKP system, but essentially if the Google Doc records that someone attended/completed a week's worth of raiding, they are given points. At the beginning of each raid week, the spreadsheet gives us an "optimal" raid roster based on role (dps/tank/heal), player stats, and attendance/DKP. This happens with the click of a button on the Google Doc.

Example when I just clicked. It pulled the optimal raid roster based on the above mentioned criteria, out of about 200 "eligible" (aka raid-ready) people that are listed among others on the "Almanac" I mentioned before. Keep in mind we input "filler" numbers on random names in the Almanac to see if the spreadsheet algorithms worked correctly. Obviously we don't have any real solid data on how effective these players are at their roles just yet :p The important thing is the automated process of recording and distributing DKP/points.

This is also being used to tie-in with our "squads" to divide gear and use the points to allocated weights based on raid performance and attendance. The best part about any system like this (google or not) is that it's automated and removes the player-error and possible favoritism/bias.

Although I'm showing off our own guild setup a bit, I want to stress that anyone with moderate knowledge can set this up for their guilds as well, and it's incredibly handy.

Here is a link to the Google Forms database: https://drive.google.com/templates?type=forms#

^ That can get you started if you're interested. There are numerous DKP docs, although I do recommend creating your own. I would first set up a "Google Group" and add your members into it, then on your forms/docs, simply adding that Google group to the permissions table. Nice and easy.

With all of these forms, roster tables, data, etc - you can export the information into HTML and apply CSS to it to match seamlessly with any website. Works really well.

So tl;dr Google Docs is amazing, and incredibly powerful. I welcome our Google Overlords.

Hope this offers some insight on one of your options :)
  3. Kilo

Kilo New Cupcake

I did not realize how flexible google docs is. I will definitely take this into consideration and try setting it up as a free solution to see if we can do what we want with it. I do not have the time at this moment (stupid work) but it could be an alternative if it is easy enough to teach to use.

We are a small yet dedicated community (the core group has been together for 6+ years) though I believe we have 100 total active members(includes 2 games and those that stay in touch on forums but dont have the time to game as much).

Thank you for all of that information :)
  4. Rabb

Rabb New Cupcake

I'm fairly sure some add-ons will come out before or shortly after launch for various loot systems to handle it in game. I'm keeping an eye out for and EPGP add-on. prefer it to DKP.