1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

DNS Server Isn't Responding...Help please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Drengarblar, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Drengarblar

Drengarblar New Cupcake

Hey WSC,

Lately I've had some connection issues and I can't figure out why. Every once in a while my web browser would stop working. However my Teamspeak still runs and if I don't zone to a different area in TERA I'm fine. I checked to see if I have internet and it says I'm connected. I then reset my repeater and it's fine until like 45 mins - 1hr later then it happens again.

I did a diag on the connection and it says "DNS Server isn't responding".

If anyone could help me out that would be great and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
  2. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

Hi,

I used to have the same problem. My ISP uses a couple of DNS servers that tend to fail often, so it "seems" that the internet is down, but it's not, it's just the DNS servers. So I added a couple of additional DNS servers to the resolvers. I use the public google DNS resolvers for this, they work real well:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

You can find instructions on how to configure the DNS servers manually here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-tcp-ip-settings

I would not configure just the google DNS servers, but place them in addition to your ISP DNS servers. If you run a command "ipconfig /all" you can see what DNS servers you are using, so you can add those, and also add the google DNS ones...

Hum... Not sure if this is a bit confusing, let me know if you need more info, or are not familiar with configuring that manually.
  3. Drengarblar

Drengarblar New Cupcake

I think it got it to work! Thanks! :)