1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do You Believe The Servers Should Be Faction Locked?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Inimicus, Apr 29, 2013.

?

Do You Think Servers Should Be Faction Locked

1. Yes

50.9%
  2. No

49.1%
  1. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

You lost me when you used "scrub" unironically

Frankly, I find it absolutely hypocritical for a game with the slogan "play your way" would lock anything

I mean, if I want to have an Exile and a Dominion pvp character on a pvp server I certainly can't 'play my way' now

LIES

LIES AND SLANDER

2. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

On pvp servers? Of course.

Otherwise. F**k no.

Veckna likes this.
  3. Silais

Silais Cupcake

Really?

Really?

Paranoia over 'spying' and this misguided sense of 'us vs. them' being above all else is so intense that there are people willing to screw over a massive portion of the potential playerbase of this game - including the large number of people with no interest of any sort in PvP to begin with, never mind those servers - simply to satisfy their own desires?

I...wow. That's all I can say about this.

4. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

for PvP servers only.

5. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I am against playing both sides of the fence, that being said, I will be rolling on both side one way or the other!

6. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, I believe there should be a faction lock at least on the pvp servers. I have nothing but despise for people who play both factions on the same pvp server at a serious level not some lev 1-10 made for trolling or buying pets from the other faction and stuff, because directly or indirectly one would aid one faction against the other, especially during wpvp events, like a dirty little two-faced rat. Also, I tend to become really involved against the enemy faction when I play on a pvp server and the last thing I need is some guy in guild chat defending it against my venting.

If you're gonna play on a pvp server pick one faction and stick with it!

Kataryna likes this.
  7. Crow

Crow Cupcake

That's how it should be done. I like Carbine's way of thinking. :)

8. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Definitely should be locked on PvP (as they've stated it will be :) ). I'm still not sure if I want to go PvP or PvE server though.. depends how balanced the pvp is I suppose...

9. Merketh

Merketh Cupcake

short answer, yes.

10. aiuradun

aiuradun Cupcake-About-Town

PvP: Yes
    PvE: No
    Hybrid: No (no I'm not gonna shut up about this haha :p)

11. doorb7

doorb7 Cupcake

I agree, faction lock for pvp reasons and no faction lock on pve servers so long as their is no other form of competing other than pvp.

12. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

This.

13. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

As long as it's locked for PvP servers I don't care what they do on your PvE servers. Spies are a very real problem on PvP servers. It probably won't stop all of them, but it'll help a bit. Some people will do anything for an advantage.

14. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Only in RvR games.

15. Outlaw

Think they're talking about a player only being able to make characters belonging to one faction on the same server. Not locking the servers so that only one faction can be on them. I was a bit confused at first as well.

Though you might be following a totally different train of thought. In which case...care to share why?

16. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I understand the question.

In an RvR game like planetside or Camelot Unchained a server should only allow a person should only belong to one faction one each server.

Spies are in these games, they are annoying so making it a bit more difficult for them to spy is better for the game. Also it makes the cost to bandwagoning faction hoppers higher

So say a spy wants to spy on an enemy faction the consequences would be high since he will have to delete his character he has worked hard to improving which is a thing not many would be willing to do.

to experience other factions play them on other servers. its been done before.

17. Bowie14

Bowie14 New Cupcake

I voted yes, but if there is a legacy system where each faction has their own achievements on the server (i.e. SWTOR) then no.

18. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

Wow, that kind of animosity really isn't needed. I hate dehumanizing the other faction's actual players, which is one reason why I support being able to roll both factions on PvP servers as well. It is entirely possible to become friends with people of the opposite faction and yet still engage in PvP with them. I've done it for years on the RP-PvP server I play(ed) on in WoW, and I was ecstatic when they finally lifted the faction barrier.

Aresk, Silais, Vyver and 1 other person like this.
  19. Outlaw

Ah, you said "Only in RvR games" I don't see how that's any different than just a PvP server with opposing factions. Spies would pose the same problems in both of those situations.

Again, you might be saying the same thing, but to me a "realm" is the same thing as a "server". I don't see why spies would only be a problem in SvS and not Faction vs Faction on a PvP server.

20. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

I will role PvP because I love it. Although.....

WoW started out Faction locked, people just ended up Begging for a long time to mix it up so they werent forced to a specific server due to population issues.

PvP server populations still Raid/quest/dungeon, but on some locked servers you may not find a good raid team and should not be forced to another server to enjoy all the content the game has to offer.

Sometimes you have rivals on your server you would not mind making an alt to play with.
    Maybe have 1 character slot per PvP server that can be opposite faction?

Nobody cares about "spies" especially if they add cross faction communication. people can just trash talk in open world or outside cities. or inside if they can sneak into a bar or shop :p There is usually an ignore button too :p

I trust Carbine though, they are gamers too and sure they have things under control.