1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Madly

Madly New Cupcake

This is interesting. I tend unconsciously assume that every person I run into is a guy (even female toons) unless I find out otherwise, which is weird since I'm a girl. Although in my defense it mostly ends up being accurate.
  2. Rysta

Rysta New Cupcake

Especially as a "real" girl, i kinda understand that behaviour. It just seems like common sense to do that, you've got faaaaar too much gender bending going on, so why shouldn't you expect it? Although since you are a girl yourself you know there are actual girls on the internet (OMG I KNOW!!!!). Aaaaaaand on the other hand, you prolly won't ever have the wish for that female toon you got so fond of that you want to fullfill your most socialy unaccepted desires, to actually be a female. And yes, that's how i feel about guys in MMOS.....a lot.....seriously......stop.....hitting on me.
    Sonntam and Madly like this.
  3. Madly

Madly New Cupcake

Oh man, I totally know what you mean. I've gotten to the point where I try not to speak on vent unless I'm with my guild or people I know, especially since I usually main as a tank, because I either have to deal with people who think that girls can't tank, or the people who are like OMG A GIRL, MUST SEDUCE. Though to be fair most of the people I run into are perfectly nice and don't give a <REDACTED> about gender, but it happens enough that I'm wary and try not to openly advertise that I'm a girl to everyone around. Most people refer to the tank as "he" regardless of character gender, so I just don't bother correcting them.

*Edit: Oops, didn't realize swears get redacted. Guess I'll have to be more family friendly. =]
    Rysta and Sonntam like this.
  4. Rysta

Rysta New Cupcake

Jeah, it's kinda like there's usually only two ways to go as a girl. Either you advertise the living hell out of your gender and try to ride the freebie train or you just try to stay neutral and keep the people guessing. Either way it's really weird that woman, especially in MMOs, still get this treatment.Maybe that's also just my perception, but i saw it happen in a lot of my guilds but i personally never gave a rats rearside about the gender of anyone, if they can play, bring them, if not....stay out of my raid.
    Although i have to admit that sometimes messing with people, because they believe that i have breastices IRL, can be quite funny and then you hop on Vent/TS and just go full "What's cooking bro?". Ahhhh.....the good times.

Also fun fact: My Ex-Girlfriends main in WoW used to be a Troll Warrior (female) everytime i told people that she plays they always said : Lemme guess, NE or BE Healer and i was nope and told them Troll Warrior. That disbelief in their faces always was pretty priceless.
    Madly likes this.
  5. Chester

Chester New Cupcake

I am a female and always play male characters, it's a habit.:)
  6. Tiiria

Tiiria Cupcake

Here's my two cents. I am a female who plays female characters. I find it hard to play as a character I don't identify with, I dislike many male character models (ew why so dang buff), and having a sexy character makes me feel sexy. Plus I can stare at her butt. hurr hurr (though I really only do that with tails SO MESMERIZING)
  7. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

I am a guy who plays as guy characters because i want to play as my character, kind of emersive.. but i can't pretend to be female xD

I just wish there were more girls... playing as girls.. haha
  8. Kayhos

Kayhos New Cupcake

I play male characters because I'm male.
    Although I have a tradition going on where all of my bank toons are females.
  9. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

I usually try to play male characters, WoW Alliance I made female because they had no male models I liked and when my guild went horde at one point I made a shaman and since bloodelves cannot be shaman I made a female troll.

But otherwise I usually make male characters.. That are usually elves. here in Wildstar I intend to make a male Aurin, Though I doubt I will use the bunny ears.
  10. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a guy that play female toons cause male toons are just way too big . Always played female undead and female Human when i was playing WoW.

I like small armor. Feel more like a ninja lol
  11. FelixAkuma

I'ma a little bit of a hypocrite perhaps? Even though i am male and play as male.. I wish for everyone else to play as girls!

:laugh:
  12. Rial

Rial Cupcake

I'm male, and I play female as well as male characters. No, not male characters as power fantasy and female characters as sex fantasy, the other way around actually, as long as character creation permits. That's kinda my main gripe with Wildstar at the moment; the stick women and very broad-shouldered men.
  13. Nick799

Nick799 New Cupcake

I am a male and I play both I usually make my warrior/melee characters male, and I make my rangers/mages female.
  14. Rykaerdoe

Rykaerdoe New Cupcake

I usually play both depending on the most suited for the class or at least the vibe I want to give my char. But my chars need to be aesteticly pleasing to me, and most of the times Females are better looking, so it might be something like 60/40 Female/Male for me.

For instance, I would love to make an Mechari male, but most of their faces are way too brutal (maybe i can live with the Cylon one :p) while the females have plenty of really good faces (at least from the concept art found on the web).
  15. Jallan

Jallan New Cupcake

I'm a male and it honestly depends. For instance, I have a sense of these "strong-women" characters, so I could probably easly run a female warrior (Cassian). But that doesn't mean I wouldn't run a male warrior instead. If I were to pick Chua, it would be male, whatever the class, same for Draken. I would also never go a female Granok. I could go either male or female for the rest of the races, but it would have fit the class (from my point of view).

For me it's a combination of class, race and what I feel like going there and now. The most important part for me is that it feels "right", not sure how to explain it.

So yeah, I play both male and female characters.
  16. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

I only ever play male characters. Playing a non-human alien feels more normal for me than playing a female. :)
  17. FelixAkuma

I thought you were Aurin/Exile ? :eek:
  18. Jallan

Jallan New Cupcake

Oh, of course. I'm just thinking hypothetically ^.^ The "if", as in I'll never actually roll dominion, but looking at the different races alone, how they look etc, which races I would prefer male/female and with which class.
    FelixAkuma likes this.
  19. FelixAkuma

Haha ok then! By the way i don't think Chua have sexes? I thought i heard that somewhere on the forum and the Devs ages ago said one of their races wouldn't have genders so it would fit really, they're the only race to have like.. characters without boobs.. xD
  20. Rysta

Rysta New Cupcake

Actually Chua have sexes, the thing is just that only chuas are supposed to tell the diffrence hence instead of the male/female buttons, you just get two buttons which exclaim CHUA! and CHUA!.