1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

o.o' Kay.. But i'm not a Chua.. So they're GENDERLESS

Haha :p

Just saying.. Vermin.. Meh..
  2. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

I try to play males as long as I can play a male that is not overly burdened with muscle.

So when I first played WoW my mage was Human Female, However when my guild server and faction jumped I spawned a harem of male blood elves. My shaman being the sole exception since Blood Elf cannot be Shaman.

In Everquest I tended to collect high elf males.

And here in Wildstar my main is still on course to be a male Aurin.

EVE-Online I do not really count because up until only a year or so ago one did not really have a player avatar, just a face icon and a space ship.(or a moderate collection of space ships XD)
  3. Rial

Rial Cupcake

Welcome to gaming, where Hulk is one of the small guys...
  4. Shaal

Shaal New Cupcake

I'm a woman and I've always played as a woman. It just seems weird playing a male character, maybe it's cause I can't associate with him as well as with the female I guess....
  5. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

I am a male and play male characters, but I find that most males I have spoken to who play female toons do so because in a lot of MMO's the females look sexy and there for easier on the eyes. I guess that's a good reason but I just relate more to a hulking, masculine character and/or sneaky, stealthy mercenary type, whichever I'm playing atm.
    GloryHogXL likes this.
  6. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I play the character that I think will look the best in armor and with the best animations. Male or female.
  7. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

Depends. I am big on animations and how a class feels when in combat. Most female models have better animation the makes do. More fluid I think is the best term.

Normally I play my main as a male but just all out depends.
  8. TheHalbain

TheHalbain New Cupcake

I'm a man and usually play male characters, but only because I find them easier to rp. When I used to play WoW years back, I would always play a female night elf because I thought they looked way cool. It really depends on whether I intend on rping with the character or not, and whether the models look good or not.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

you should be male aurin then, their smaller than females:D
  10. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

Almost always play male and am a male myself. Nothing against playing females or anything, it just always feels better to me when I have a male avatar.
  11. Spracket

Spracket Cupcake-About-Town

Male playing male. I never really understood when my friends deliberately played female characters in an RPG. I don't play on RP servers or anything, but I'm still trying to use my imagination and I really don't want to imagine myself as a female. :cautious:
  12. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

Honestly puzzled as to how gender could possibly interact with online entertainment or interactions. Just a fullstop 'does not compute,' in the same way that 'How much tuesday do you eat?' doesn't make any sense.

I did once have a guy obsessively question me about what gender I was 'really' in an MMO. Kept it up for a good twenty minutes, for reasons that continue to elude me. At first it was entertaining to mock and confuse him, but it got more than a little annoying as he apparently couldn't let it go. Might be worth a psychological study, though, to see how and why obsessive people react to 'gender reveals' online, and how they'd react to misinformation. Though to be honest, it might involve 'reasoning' that I'd find disturbing to know.
  13. Static Panda

Static Panda New Cupcake

You should add an option for both played.

I play both male and female characters and I am Male. It has nothing to do with identifying with either sex, just a matter of aesthetics. Some classes/races have better art/armor IMO for a particular sex.

I really don't identify myself (as in role play, etc) with the character as an extension of myself so I am likely less inclined to be bothered by the sex of the character itself.
  14. Wendo

Wendo Cupcake

I always play my main "Wendo" as a male and my alt "Wendonia" as a female. Ye i am that boring.

-Wendo
  15. Martini

Martini Cupcake

I'm a girl and I've always played female characters. I just cannot get into playing a male, I fashion my character to be like myself and playing a guy is just.. not happening lol
  16. Itharius

Itharius Cupcake

That's a nice euphemism for "I like staring at female butts rather than male butts."

Don't worry, I'm sure the vast majority of female Aurin will be male players. As the original W* flick suggested, that's just what some people are "into."

The only female character I've played recently in an MMO is a female Charr in Guild Wars 2. I'm a strange person.
  17. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

You missed the option for playing both, or you could have worded it for preference.
    I do like to play females for several reasons.
    The nice to watch reason is big, I also find a girl kicking buttocks is cooler than a guy doing the same :D
    I do create characters though, and I tend to like a tank character to be big, so I go for a large male, while a fast dogging character female, or just based on a character idea.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Gimme dem assets an' I'll go to town on all of it!
  19. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Yup, needs an either/or option. Since I typically fiddle for 30+ mins making my Main until I get something I love, it ironically often turns out to be female, and then most alt's become male. Strange.
  20. Shrez

Shrez New Cupcake

I feel uncomfortable as a female character player.

therefore I play a male