1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

:eek:Noooooooooooooooo... And how did I know you where going to turn that around on me when I was posting that.
  2. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Real men play male chars
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  3. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Female here and I play both, depending on the game, races, classes, character models, the position of the moon and what I had for lunch. Ok, maybe just the character models and classes in the end.

For Wildstar I will be maining a male Aurin (Spellslinger or Esper), because I just think they're so awesome. :D I'd also like to make a female Granok, but I don't know what classes Granok can be yet and if I want to play any of those. Also Chua. But with the Chua the gender makes no difference so...

I've played more female than male characters in the past, and the reason for this is the trend of making male character models big and bulky, and I prefer playing smaller/more slender characters.
  4. Jermajesty

Jermajesty New Cupcake

Man, play both depending on classes and roles.

Melee DPS/Tank usually male characters because it feels right as I see them more as clunky fighters
    Unless it's a rougue/stealth class, then I play female because they feel more agile/precise in their movements.

Ranged DPS varies.
    Warlocks/demonic classes are usually male
    Mages/Wizards usually female

Healers depends on the classes specifically.
    In WoW, my healing shaman, and druids were male, while my priest and monk were female.

I'm excited to see the remaining two classes for WildStar and i'm not sure what I will be playing, but looking at them my choices will likely be...
    Warrior: Male, likely spec Tank
    Spellslinger: Male, DPS
    Stalker: Female, DPS
    Esper: Female, either spec.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

That logic is flawed, since I too, will play male characters :p
    Baamz likes this.
  6. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

No both option to choose. :(

Male here, and I play both. My main is usually female based upon a book character I created. Other than that, it all depends upon the persona I create for my alts as to whether male or female fits.
  7. Iamaom

Iamaom New Cupcake

I play both, it depends completely on race. Example: in WoW I didn't ever play male Tauren because of that awful hunchback, and I didn't ever play a dwarf female (for obvious reasons).
  8. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I am a male and I mainly play male characters. I think this poll has been done over enough. Plus, what's up with the limited voting...no options for both or mainly play one as opposed to the other?

As if any two people would agree on the exact same terms for a "real" man anyways. The guy who made the original statement is playing with a kitty anyways :D.
  9. Zenatsu

Zenatsu Cupcake-About-Town

Real men play with kitties...

Anyways, I to as a role player tend to create my avatars based on whatever personality I have for them. Regardless if I actually role play or not. As an aside: I never RP females, because I feel weird doing it.

Its a toss up between if I will main a female or a male. I'll haft to see what the character creator offers me.
  10. Urkan

Urkan New Cupcake

I play both. While I'm not much of a role-player, I do like to think of my characters as individual people and not in game representations of myself.
  11. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

sorry for the no both option on the poll . it just escaped my mind.
  12. Spongbob the squarepants

Spongbob the squarepants New Cupcake

I play both sexes, usually one class speaks more to me as one sex or the other or one race looks better...:D
  13. Malisent

Malisent Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a female, and always play female.. except I use an alt to be my storage/AH mule and create it as a big burly male. After hawking items for a few years in various games, I found folks treated me better as a seller and found me more trustworthy as a male - weird, but I just go with it.
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  14. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

Or maybe they treated you better because they were afraid of the consequences of swindling a big, burly male. :D I do find that interesting though. I assumed there was almost no advantage to playing a male character aside from reinforcing one's masculinity.
  15. Malisent

Malisent Cupcake-About-Town

Perhaps :) It happened to me quite a few times where my husband was making better sales than I on the same stuff (we shared a bank and would take turns selling when we had free time). We were each playing characters of our own IRL sex, but both on alts unknown to the community.

I simply assumed he was a better sales person than I.. but then one day I was on his account and noticed people treating me differently while I was selling (this was in Asheron's Call and EQ).

Years later, experimentally in WoW, I tried selling the same items through the trade channel on a female undead and a male tauren.. both with similar names and during the same times of day. Obviously, this was only a study in fun with no real basis for comparison, but with same time on-line during a 2 month period, the tauren outsold the undead by about 50x. The female had more people walk away once engaged, while the male made most of his sales once engaged.

Obviously anecdotal/subjective, but I found it interesting and convincing enough to have stuck with male sellers since.
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  16. Synektra

Synektra New Cupcake

Riding Unicorns somewhere in Lancashire, England.
    I`m a male, and if i`m gonna be staring at a backside for hour after hour then i sure as hell prefer it to be a female one.
  17. aiuradun

aiuradun Cupcake-About-Town

I usually just play Male chars,
  18. Ergilion

Ergilion Cupcake

Only if the female version looks aesthetically more appealing, which is rarely the case because males tend to have bigger & wider shoulders which means pauldrons of epic proportions!
  19. Roguehandle

Roguehandle Cupcake

I will keep thin in mind when I make a alt for selling..:)
  20. Blackfurball

Blackfurball Cupcake

I am a man and I play both.

I normally go agains the logic picking the gender.

Tank - Female
    Healer - Male
    Big Races (Tauren) - Female
    Smal Races (Gnome) - Male

On WildStar I will be a Male Chua Spellslinger Healer