1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Smexist

Smexist New Cupcake

I'm a man and I play both Male/Female but i rather play a female character for the following reasons:
    1. Rather look at a girl's ass then a man.
    2. Players tend to help female character because they think its a girl behind the keyboard(Some players not all)

I'll play female character when its a rogue or mage dps/heals type of toon... Tanks - I'll play male.

Tank - Male
    DPS Melee - Male/Female
    DPS Range - Female
    Heals - Female
  2. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a woman and I play male and female characters. But I lean more towards Males. My boyfriend, however...always female. Always into dem hips!
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  3. Hob

Hob Cupcake

Female and I primarily play male toons.

1) It's nice not to have to deal with creepers.
    2) It's nice not to have to deal with things like: "Oh. A lone female out questing. Clearly I need to dismount and go help her kill that quest mob!"
    3) I like being judged on my skill, not my gender. Which is sad that it still happens, but it does.
  4. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

Since I've recently changed genders in-game (female to male), I'm a little curious if other players will treat me differently. Since I've been busy with RL stuff, I haven't had enough time to notice any changes in the way random players treat me. I don't think I've had other players treat me differently because of gender, but maybe I don't think so because I'm used to it. As for guildies, some miss me being female and one is weirded out by my gender change. They all know I'm actually female due to voice chat.

I like to think of myself as fan service for the ladies now. :D I wish I could recruit more ladies by being a sexy male character, but I assume they'll be more creeped out than anything.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  5. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Male here and I play both.
    Usually would make my primary character a male and then a female alt.
  6. Kasp

Kasp New Cupcake

male and play male!!

If you are male and play female do you try and make them look as attractive as possible or do you go for that bad ass Sarah Conner look?

Well if possible i dont think there is anyway you could make Draken look attractive but could really pull off the macho i am going to kick ur ass to next week look!!
  7. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

Female and play female. Too many games only have male PC's. Being able to play as a girl (preferably with a character creator) has always been a major factor in my interest in a game. Not to say I won't play as a guy -- Infamous 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 are two of my favorite games -- but female characters are always a major plus to me.

One of my best friends, a guy, used to only play female toons in WoW, but it was because the males were like disgusting apes. He switched to male characters in GW2. Intrigued as to which way he'll go in Wildstar...
  8. akirasugoineko

akirasugoineko New Cupcake

I am male and I used to play female characters. But becouse some people thought I was female it got really wierd and now a days I play male characters only.
  9. Deloim

Deloim Cupcake

I usually roll my main as a male and for secondary, depending on the game, I choose a class and a race to fit a female char for a change. Other alts can be what ever I happen to feel like at the moment.

OPs poll needs neutral options, a bit too black and white.
  10. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

The bigger the pauldrons, the bigger your devotion to the EMPRAH!
    Crminimal and Ergilion like this.
  11. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

It depends on the class and the character models. I usually attribute the big bulky warriors with a large race that is male. The casters I usually play a small female. In WoW I would never play a male bloodelf, female dwarf, or a female tauren. It was super weird getting hit on playing a female blood elf. It's safer to assume all females characters are middle-aged men.
  12. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

That gets super annoying if you actually are a lady gamer. I tend to call people by the pronouns of their toon until I hear differently on vent or am corrected. If anything it helps immersion at least.
  13. Ergilion

Ergilion Cupcake

"Gyyaaahhh!!! I can not break him...! Clearly my epic pauldrons of villainy are not big enough!"
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  14. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

You cannot defeat my Enormous Pauldrons of Justice!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  15. Kash

Kash Cupcake

So agree with this. I don't go out of my way to reveal my gender when playing but I don't hide it. If someone asks, I'll answer. As to the original question, I tried playing male characters. But in wow their movement was so strange. I just can't get past it to play one. So no. I don't play the opposite gender. Just can't get into the immersion.
  16. MajorTurtle

MajorTurtle New Cupcake

I'm male, and for me it depends on the class I take. Based on the most common classes in MMO's (not using Wildstar class names):
    • Warrior: Male
    • Rogue: Male
    • Damage Mage: Male
    • Healing Mage: Female
    • Ranger/Hunter: Female
    I also tend to take a race that I think fits with the class and gender I'm rolling. I pick a small race when playing a rogue type character, a tall (if possible elf-like) character for hunter, ...
    Since I'm planning on being a healing class (Esper) for my main, I'll most likely have a female character first.
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Almost exclusively female. Used to play exclusively male, then puberty hit and I became a dirty sinner ever since. D: Ladies are just too purrdy 'n cute 'n stuff. :(

So yeah. I'm a sucker for the good lookin' ladies out there so I gotta play them.

Best fun I've gotten from playing female chars though is when there's a guy trying to flirt with you and you tell them you're a guy IRL, then stay start b!tching at you and throw every negative noun under the sun at you before blocking you. Clearly I just limped their meat and they're upset about it. Lulzy tiemz.

Most everyone knows I'm a dude though. A dude that, apparently, sounds a lot like McLovin.
  18. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I am a man in real life so I play as male characters in all games. I am not going to give any reasoning why because I am positive that I will offend many people.
  19. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

You're already pretty revolting to begin with so I doubt you could do much more harm than you already have.

Dirty chua.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  20. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

You should watch what you say otherwise your foot might end up as a keychain.

Filthy Aurin!