1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Not likely. I'd worry about yourself getting mistaken for a hamster and getting devoured by wildlife. I've seen countless chua go the way of an afternoon snack; a fitting fate for those foul creatures.

Disgusting chua...
  2. Kiyo

Kiyo Cupcake

Poll lacks a gender queer option for players who don't identify as males or females. Also lacks an option for voting to be x or y and playing both females and males.
  3. kikisrags

kikisrags New Cupcake

Im a guy and I only play male characters, if i did play girl characters I am going to be granok and that would just be hideous lol. Rock boobies haha.
  4. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Rock boobies rock.

[​IMG]
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Hahah rock boobs. XD
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  6. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

7. kikisrags

kikisrags New Cupcake

thats just scary lol
  8. Bedwetter

Bedwetter New Cupcake

I am male and I play both. It's all down to what ever looks the oddest I can get. A tiny female warrior with pink hair FTW. If its unexpected, that's what I want.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  9. Lokken

Lokken New Cupcake

Hmm, depends on the game really. I'm male and tend to play male characters in games that gender matters in the story (ie Mass Effect). If gender plays little to no role, I tend to pick what I think will look best for the type of character I plan of playing. Also if the character talks a lot I tend to go for the one with the best voice actor/actress.
  10. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

No I don't. I usually play male characters, despite me playing a female tauren once in WoW. I don't even know why I did that back then, but usually I stick to male characters.
  11. Theirin

Theirin Cupcake

I am a guy and normally I play male characters, but I have considered playing female characters if it looks better, but have always felt kinda weird about it. Pretty awkward being partied with someone and referring to them as her when they are a man, just makes me feel bad now and then.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

I don't know about other guys who play lady characters but I don't have a problem being called a "she" or whatever, even in voice-chat, although usually people start calling me a he once they know my true identity. XD I used to be bothered by it but I was also a kid back then. Now I'm a honeybadger. Honeybadger don't care. Honeybadger don't give a ****.
  13. Theirin

Theirin Cupcake

That's good to know, but it happened pretty often when I played WoW, and some people get offended fairly easily these days. Even if it is an innocent error I just didn't want to make people upset, but I see here on the poll that almost half of guys play girls. Nothing wrong with that, definitely makes me feel better about playing a female if I think it looks better overall. I'm all about looking awesome in these games with some bad ass armor.
  14. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Funny thing is, I generally suck with the "He" / "She" thing. Often when I talk about my girlfriend, I refer to her as "He" or when I talk about a male friend of mine I might accidentally call him "Her".

It comes with Finnish language; We do not distinguish between genders with gender specific pronouns. You know the gender of the subject, from the context. In Finnish we use word "Hän" for both genders, instead of He or She.

I do get bashed so much of this mistake I make rather often "Ah so when did your GF grow a beard and balls hahah?" :p
  15. Xlugon Pyro

I've met plenty of guys who were offended by the fact that I chose to play a female character, although this was often after they tried to flirt with me thinking I was a girl IRL. It was lulzy for me. Their rage fueled me.

No real good reason for someone to get upset by being called the opposite gender unless it's a repeated mistake well after the person has stated their true gender.
  16. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i have had people who think im a girl for years . its funny when i say you know im a dude right? they are all like wtf! they did treat me very well though so i shouldve known lol.
  17. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

Apparently, men can also be offended if you're a woman playing a male character. Actually it's only one person, but still! This observation might be biased though. I think he's mad because he might miss oogling my tiny, asian, and female guardian. Now I'm a tall, lanky, and scantily clad male guardian.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  18. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

There are two types of RPG gamers in terms of "Character Mentality". There are those that think of their character as themselves, and there are those that think of their character as another individual. There are also people that just don't care, but who gives a ____ about them.
    I think the main reason for people to play the opposite gender is because of the "This is not me, this is a character" mentality. You want to look at your character as another person.
    If you have this mentality it doesn't really matter what gender YOU are, it's about the character. But there's always the fact that a straight male might prefer to create their ideal female character and play as it. Vice versa for female players.

Personally I'm a male that plays female characters exclusively. Mainly because I find female characters sexier and more interesting than male characters, and so it's more fun to create them. I think of my character as a separate entity; it's not me, it's somebody else, and I'm telling their story.

I don't really consider iRL Gender, Sexual preference, or... Anything at all really, as relevant. You're in a ROLE PLAYING GAME. iRL doesn't mean <REDACTED>. If you're playing a female character, I will call him/her "She". Male character, "He". Even if I'm on VOIP with a raid or something.
    Honestly, iRL doesn't exist according to me. I'm playing a game, I don't want to think about iRL.
    Crminimal and Artificer like this.
  19. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Wow, all you guys being mistaken for a female for playing a female character... Lol. I get mistaken for a male all the time, regardless of which gender my character is. I can't even recall anyone calling me "she" in a game unless I told them I was a girl. I'm so used to being referred to as "he" that I don't even bat an eye anymore.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

This is my reason almost entirely to the letter. Although I do apply personal traits to the characters I create even though they're female. They're just more fun to play for me for the reasons you listed.

It doesn't actually happen all that often to me because I usually end up in a raid guild where I'm only interacting with them for the most part and they learn my "secret" identity pretty early on. However it can happen occasionally and sometimes my behavior doesn't give away my gender so they have to ask or find out from others.