1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Arkay

Arkay Cupcake

I think it just comes down to how you play the game and how immersive you make the experience. Whether you see yourself as your character or as another entity.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Fascinating how men are almost perfectly split down the middle between male and female characters. I've seen/heard similar results elsewhere as well. Lots of G.I.R.L.s out there!
    Arkay likes this.
  3. Arkay

Arkay Cupcake

You know, another thing. I wonder how many people who cite animation as their reason also tend to play humans? Male Humans are pretty notorious for being fail in like almost everything. Only Male Humans I ever liked were in Tera.
    [​IMG]
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Interesting speculation.

Animations have some importance to me but most of the time I find the model's animations good enough for me as I'm more preoccupied by my character's appearance and perhaps her butt waggle as well since I play female characters. :p

Let us not forget WoW's rampaging apes and their baby-rearing sisters. XD
  5. SisterSin

SisterSin Cupcake

I have always played opposite sex characters.
  6. monko

monko Cupcake

male character models usually look bulky, lack luster or have an awful array of animations in comparison to female character models that have prolific animations that are worthy for my characters.
  7. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I've seen how a particularly race+gender looks in certain armour and I think that would be cool, in general though the coolest looking characters tend to be male in that regard. However for ease of play female characters generally get an easier going, if I could find a female character that looks absolutely badass to me, then they would most likely be my character.
  8. Hybridium

Hybridium Cupcake

I play male characters in games where the female armours look like bikinis... (= most of the time. I just can't stand it, it's retarded and dumb)
  9. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

I'm male and play both (usually a 50/50 split). Regarding traditional RPGs, I've run games about as often as I've played them, so the idea of playing different genders doesn't seem like it should be odd. Regarding MMORPGs I usually come up with a personality or motivation for my characters, even if I don't RP the characters I create, and I pick whatever gender, race and class fits. I'm an altoholic, so I usually have a lot of characters.

Some of the character concepts (which are kind of cliche, but at this point, what isn't?) I've (re)used are:
    1. Menacing-looking male warrior that is truly noble and compassionate. (SWTOR/GW2)
    2. Arrogant male warlock that dabbles in magic beyond his control for fun (WoW/RIFT)
    3. Spunky female gunslinger/archer (SWTOR/FFXIV)
    4. Irredeemably evil female assassin/priestess (WoW/SWTOR)
    5. Tough as nails female mercenary (SWTOR/WoW/GW2)
    6. Quixotic elderly male soldier called out of retirement (LOTRO/RIFT)
    7. Farmgirl called to lead her nation in battle (LOTRO)
    8. Libertine male spy/mage (SWTOR/LOTRO/FFXIV)
    9. Happy-go-lucky/laid-back male archer/rogue with a wonder for the world (WoW/GW2)
    10. Pint-sized mayhem-loving male or female engineer (GW2/WoW)
    I'm sure I'll re-use some of these for WildStar. Off the cuff, I could easily see myself creating a male Chua Engineer (10), female Aurin Spellslinger (3), male Cassian Esper (8), female Drakken Stalker (5), male Granok Warrior (1) and female Mechari Medic (as a "partially repurposed" assassin droid) (4) on Day 1. :D
  10. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I play whatever looks the best in terms of design and animations, it's usually like 50/50.
  11. Alverant

Alverant Cupcake

I've played both. I was part of an all-female character guild on City of Heroes and enjoyed it. A game's community is important to me and I got along with them. We didn't like farmers or exploits and were between the casual and hardcore players. I'm hoping to find the same thing here. I made male characters when I had a good concept and I may do it here if I can re-create some of my City of Heroes characters in WS.
  12. Karly

Karly New Cupcake

I've always played a Female Character as a Male, I'm not even 100% sure why just always have. It's not like it was even for aesthetics sometimes (Female Tauren in WoW).

Not sure haha, unexplainable habbit.
  13. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

I try to always pick female chars, but in some games the female armor (or lack of it rather) put me off so much that I went with male chars. Also depends on how the models of the race I choose look I guess, so it ends up being just what I would prefer looking at, after all I will be spending a LOT of time in game.
  14. Classix

Classix Cupcake

Carbine should put a "Hooker" option in the settings for both female and male characters.
    Isgu likes this.
  15. Dargenus

Dargenus Cupcake-About-Town

I play w/e. If a game sexualizes females a lot, I won't play a female.
  16. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i dont much care if the armor is slutty . i just like the detail of the female avatars.
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Silhouette/body shapeliness is more important to me on female models than armor choice. I think the female armor "issue" is blown way out of proportion anyway. Just have a variety of armor so that we aren't all clones and I'm okay.
    Xecks likes this.
  18. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

so much talk about the silhouette i fear there wont be alot of difference in armors :(.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  19. Xlugon Pyro

True. I'm also hoping there won't be so much armor that obscures the character models themselves. It would be a shame and a waste of artist/animator resources. :(
  20. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

ya i dont know. would be hard to tell if someone is in elite armor if they keep the silhouettes the same . would be hard to design it ya know?