1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

The avatar is pretty accurate. :p
  2. FoolishLobster

FoolishLobster Cupcake

I've only played a female character once, and it was when I faction transferred my Draenei Paladin to Horde and all I could be was a Blood Elf during Wrath. SO I made a female because I would hate myself if I made a male Blood Elf.

But in any other game I play a male character.
  3. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I find this a bit strange too. I often play characters as "an extension of myself", and I don't really care if they're a male or a female, I can still get into it no prob. I hear people say "I wouldn't know how to be a female/male", but... What's there to "know", really...? We're all people, some of us just have things hanging off our chest instead of between our legs... Sure, some women act really feminine and some men act really masculine, but so what? Doesn't mean they all have to follow their stereotypical gender roles, does it?
    Crminimal likes this.
  4. Vunak

Vunak Cupcake-About-Town

Male. Depends on the game, the class I'm playing and the armor styles that are available. TSW I play male. Tera I played female. Rift I played female. FFXI I played male. FFXIV I played male. EQ I played male. WoW I played female. etc etc.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

If they're roleplaying I could relate somewhat, but otherwise people are just playing avatars. Shouldn't impact player behavior that much.
  6. Sarpadon

Sarpadon New Cupcake

I am a male and my main is usually male. My alts tend to be female and I usually try to make them look as hot as possible . . . cause that's how I role
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Real men play women. Trufax.
  8. silvershadez

silvershadez Cupcake

The more interesting thing I get from this poll is, that women prefer to play female chars, while men are torn apart between those 2 options almost equally.

Would be interesting to see why women act that way and not similar to the men's choice.

My bet is that women actually biologically evolve faster then men, reaching (mental) maturity way faster. Picking a hot female avatar as a man seems like something mainly a younger dude would do. :geek:
  9. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Nah, I know plenty of mature (mentally as well as physically) men who play females. I think for women it's more along the lines of wanting to be pretty, so they're more likely to pick a female character. Men? Well, we've seen plenty of explanations to their preferences in this thread. Some prefer the slender character models, some like to look at dat ass and some play both depending on the game and their mood, etc.

I'm a female myself (not a very feminine girl though, but not a tomboy either) and I play both, so I can only guess as to why this is as well.
  10. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I tend to play the characters that look better. I love aurins, but the males look quite meh in my opinion. On the other hand aurin females look awesome, therefore I will play aurin female.

Human = Female
    Aurin = Female
    Granok = Male
    Mordesh = Male
    Cassian = Female
    Draken = Female
    Chua = Male
    Mechari = Female
  11. Xlugon Pyro

To this I'd say.... NOPE!!!! Sounds more like you are somewhat prejudiced against men who play female chars. :)

I think the real reasons, while not perfectly generalized, are pretty simple to understand. Men tend to have crazy sex drives (especially today, can't find a guy NOT talking about hot chicks, sex, etc.) while women tend to be very interested in their appearance. Naturally, the idea of being in a woman's body is hotness to the utmost extreme for many men. On the flipside, men can have a nice chiseled look to them that is natural and handsome in which case you can get an astonishing number of females to play them (blood elf males) but otherwise female models almost always are prettier than male models.

I'm not really surprised to see things the way they are. I don't mind it either TBH. It comes down to what people want to play and often times the same set of reasons emerge every time.
  12. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I play both purely dependent on aesthetics.
    I tend to prefer sleeker models as opposed to bulky so my melee/tanks tend to be female to avoid looking like a walking road block. Casters and healers vary - it amuses me to play a bloke in a dress so in WoW/SWTOR for example my clothies were male. Hated the tusks on trolls so my troll priest ended up female and so on.

The downside of playing female characters is getting hit on by oversexed teens (I can see why a lot of lasses I've played with prefer male characters now - much less hassle in that department). Although one advantage to that is the reactions when I tell them I'm a 39 year old bloke and they're welcome to come and live in my sex dungeon and model the latest leather gimp gear (xxx has left the party - much hilarity on teamspeak ensues) :p A guildy rolling an alt to troll me on this gave me the biggest scare of my life though :oops:
  13. Madly

Madly New Cupcake

I'm a female and I usually play a female character as my main, although in most games I've played I've had a few male alts. I think I tend to want to identify more strongly with my main and so I make it female, while I'm more likely to make alts based on some sort of archetype or personality.
    Roda likes this.
  14. Ergilion

Ergilion Cupcake

whoever has the biggest pauldrons and shoulder plates
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  15. Rysta

Rysta New Cupcake

As stated before i usually tend to go with the "whatever fits the class" type of choice. But i kinda went over to mostly roll females nowadays. The only thing that really bugs me is that people tend to believe i am a girl IRL and hence start hitting on me. A lot of my friends kinda pushed this happen-stance on me "typing like a girl". Whatever that actually means.
    Madly likes this.
  16. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana Cupcake-About-Town

No preference here, either way. I am an Altoholic though, I admit I have a problem. :alien: So I usually have a pretty decent mix of male and female characters, across a full range of races and factions eventually.

This time around, all I want to be is a Granok Male (Exile) and Mechari Female (Dominion). Those two really stand out in my mind as total awesomeness in a cupcake pan!
  17. Carnatia

Carnatia New Cupcake

Man who plays female characters.

I dunno, just always liked female characters. I don't have a big long winded speech as to why or a justification. I just like it.

Oh also some of the female outfits look prettier. And I don't mean the sexualized skimpy ones, but just things tend to look better to me on female models like cute dresses and things.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Maybe they mean that in that you actually try to type everything out and use proper punctuation. That's my only guess LOL.
  19. Rysta

Rysta New Cupcake

Honestly, i actually try to do that. But i kinda guess that has more to do with me beeing a teacher and all. ;D Most people kinda relate to me "typing like girl" seemingly because of my smily usage :)3 , ^^ and =3 ). No idea where this shiet stems from, but i guess i'll have to just go with it. ;D
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Smilies might do it too. :p