1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do you think cross-faction guilds will be a thing ?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by UKcheese, Jul 24, 2013.

?

Do you think there will be cross-faction guilds?

1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. No.

30 vote(s)
    78.9%
  3. Only in non-PvP servers.

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. UKcheese

UKcheese Cupcake

The question is pretty much what this post is about, not much else to tell.
    What I meant for cross-faction is one guild that has Exile members AND Dominion members.
    I will also make a poll.
    I want to know your opinion people !
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

hhmmm don't know if people are allowed to have characters of both factions on 1 server (PvP server).

So I vote for non-PvP servers. I don't really like the idea, I rather see a guild truly dedicated to their faction (CHUA'S!!!!!!).....but that's just my personal feeling :D
  3. UKcheese

UKcheese Cupcake

4. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

It has been heavily inferred by a developer that people will not be able to communicate across-faction.

-Rachel-
    Screenager and Kataryna like this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Still that doesn't mean they can't have people in both factions...:p
  6. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Oh. I was just referring to the Cross-Guild idea, nothing more. Because of the factoid I noted I highly doubt we'll have cross-faction guilds.

I'm incredibly hopeful that we'll be able to have characters of both sides on a given server. I plan to play on an RP server and on both sides.

-Rachel-
  7. Zyd

Zyd Cupcake

I don't thinks so, but as Steampunkette says, it would be nice just to mess around to be able to create characters from different factions.
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

You cannot (last I'd heard) create characters of the opposite faction on PvP servers, but you can on PvE. I'm sure there will be guilds that have a branch on the opposite side, however they will NOT be able to be in the same guild - i.e. i join guild XYZ on Dominion, i cannot join guild XYZ on the Exile side as well, however guild XYZ has a sister guild named XYZ2 that the guildies on the Exile side can join so they have familiar faces.
  9. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

Cross-faction guilds in a two-faction game shouldn't ever be much of a thing. The only capacity in which this could exist is if there's a third faction of "Pacifists" composed of races of both of the existing factions. And then it wouldn't even be a cross-faction guild anymore, it'd be a Pacifist guild. (In no way am I saying I would want to see this.)
    The two factions are opposing. Why would they work together? What would the point in having opposing factions be in the first place?
    "The enemy of my enemy is my friend," only comes up so much in an environment where two factions are fighting for one planet.
  10. Lyng

Lyng New Cupcake

I hope not. It would completely destroy the rivalry and lore they are trying to create.
    Sera Serenity likes this.
  11. NILVIO

NILVIO Cupcake

I really hope that i can have arena team thats cross-faction. But guilds should stay faction based in my opinion, So maybe circles going to be cross-faction?
  12. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Cross faction guilds do exist, but only from the player viewpoint that the guild will run itself on both factions. I severely doubt there will be any ingame support at all for this, which makes sense in a Faction based game :p
  13. CptCraig7

CptCraig7 New Cupcake

I have doubts that cross-faction guilds will be supported as well, typically the lore involves some intense rivalry between factions so any form of "alliance" would certainly be seen as a public enemy type of scenario. Regardless, I would also like to create characters from both factions ultimately, but definitely understand the one faction only on PVP servers.
  14. Carlos Oliveira

Carlos Oliveira New Cupcake

I really don't think so. It makes no sense. Exiles and Dominion are currently at war and are enemies. I wouldn't like to see them mixed in one guild. At least that's my opinion :)
  15. Ahkronn

Ahkronn Cupcake

Although lore based it makes no sense, it'll be a pain for long running guilds where preferences are divided.
    I'd love to see cross-faction but I'd also love to see a way to have that without completely destroying the lore. Suggestions? I have non I'm afraid.
    At the end, if there's no cross-faction, it'll be as usual: some people will sigh and accept their guild faction, some will rage-quit.
  16. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with Lyng, I feel that cross faction guilds would destroy the in game lore
    ArdentSun likes this.