1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do you think Wildstar could surpass WoW in subscribers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zigzak, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

WoW will kill itself, it doesn't need other MMOs to do that for it.
    I'd just forget about WoW tbh and move on with a game that is offering what people want, i.e. Wildstar
  2. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

And that's why no MMO will ever achieve that again. Not Wildstar. Not even WoW.

Another thing to factor in is that WoW is still losing players, even stated by Blizzard that they expect to fall to about six million by next year due to its playerbase in Asia flocking to the multitude of Asian-made MMOs. So hopefully no one was surprised about the whole "wider selection" point by now given that even Blizzard has admitted to it.

I would also agree with other people posting in this thread pointing out the irrelevance this argument brings. Wildstar hasn't even gone to OBT, let alone gone into live gameplay, so all that can be shown in the end of this is that there are times like these when there is such a thing as thinking too hard when it's better just to stop talking and see what happens.
  3. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with you Raarsi, wait and stop expecting the moon...we never get it all in an MMO (or any game, always something to complain about). I'm trying to lower my hype factor for Wildstar because I got burn by SWTOR...such a let down after all the hype. Now we have Wildstar (not too hyped, but still waiting for a long time) and Elder, Final Fantasy, EQ next...lots of competition if we get it in 2014. Wich one will be my pick?
  4. lostatsea

lostatsea New Cupcake

If Wildstar is as good as WoW, all around, it should surpass it. No MMORPG has really come close to WoW in terms of appeal yet. There is certainly more potential in the market now that WoW has achieved the success it has.