1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Does Esper Lifesteal Add Enough Survivability?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Timeshadow, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Timeshadow

Timeshadow New Cupcake

Hey all.

I recently stumbled upon the Wildstar character builder over at http://ws-base.com/ and I've been messing around with a DPS build for my future Esper. But since I haven't had the chance to actually play the beta I'm not sure if the lifesteal from abilities like Spectral Frenzy and Phantom Swarm will be enough to keep me alive.

Can anyone say, in a general sense, whether or not the amount of health returned is satisfactory to them both in PvE and PvP? And, if not, how do you think I should go about adding enough survivability to avoid the ultimate debuff (For those who aren't familiar, that's death)?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I suggest you give us the link that has your complete build (+AMP build) in it so we can have a better look at what CC abilities you have to secure your survivability?
    GL getting that answer ;) I don't see a lot of streamers talk in chat. Go look up some Esper video's for more idea's on this though.
    You know what? Add a heal? You are an Esper :p
    Or add more CC?
    Add more spells that can be casted while moving?

All kind of solutions.....it all depends on what kind of build you want to make. So again....mayby it's handy to give us the WSbase link that includes the build?
  3. Timeshadow

Timeshadow New Cupcake

I'll be sure to do that once ws-base stops being derp and lets me access the builder again.
  4. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

Given that those abilities require higher tiers, no one can answer that without breaking NDA. Though from watching the stalker stream, the heal spec Esper in the 2v2 had insane survivability. I don't think his health bar moved but once the whole fight. Even when Frost and other dude were focus firing on him. I imagine if you stacked multiple life steal abilities it would be beneficial. Seems there are 3 of them.
  5. Timeshadow

Timeshadow New Cupcake

Yeah I did see that in the stream. It was definitely impressive but I couldn't make a proper judgement on the lifesteal aspect since he was a support build overall.

Well ws-base seems like it's going to be down for a while so I hopped over to arkship and tossed this together. It's a very rough set up and doesn't include any AMPs but you can at least get a sense of what I'm looking to pick up.
    http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/actionsetbuilder/en/esper/#1:0;2:4;4:3;7:4;9:4;14:3;21:4;30:3;
  6. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

Here's a lifesteal build I came up with awhile back. DoT build inspired by affliction lock from WoW. Amped and tiered for more survivability. All abilities are instant and meant to be on the move. Keep in mind this all theoretical as I have not played the game yet.

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...7.398.379.380.381.416.418.419.383.324.332.333
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

1 Question:

Why pick the ''Telekinetic Storm'' ability?
    Why not the ''Reap'' ability?

It does 5 times more damage got the same cast time and CD and applies a snare as an extra effect, aswell as that it's a targeted spell meaning your chances to hit are way higher! (no human error possibilty anymore).

So again....why not pick Reap?
  8. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

Telekinetic Storm does more damage. It's showing it's damage per tick, Reap shows total damage plus snare. I already have snare proc in amps. It's a DoT stacking build. Personally, I'd rather have something that moves and attaches to enemies as opposed to a target location that can be moved from.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ah stupid me....didn't saw the ''tick'' :D

But still the storm only moves in a straight line unless it hits someone. So it's easily avoidable aswell. But indeed it does more damage....

If the damage was indeed higher I would take Reap anytime above storm ;) but now I agree taking storm.
  10. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

esper seems more about burst rather than dots it seems. it is refreshing that you guys are coming up with something as an alternative to that.
    as an aside : dont ask for people in beta to say anything as it breaks the nda. i was reminded of that in my own thread :D. better to ask if people have seen it on streams so the beta people can say they saw it on a stream :D.
  11. Timeshadow

Timeshadow New Cupcake

Looks pretty good as far as I can tell. I see you opted for both Crush and Shockwave. Most of the builds I've seen have gone for either one or the other. Theoretically, wouldn't it make more sense to take one based on what you intend to do and use the free ability slot for something like a spammable to increase Psy Point generation?

Here's another iteration of the build I came up with. It combines some of yours with a build designed specifically for close combat. http://ws-base.com/builds/view/308-...0.324.434.396.397.398.379.380.381.416.418.419
  12. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

I like me some cc. Esper seems to have the most CC so pick your poison I guess. Crush and Shockwave are nice because they also both do some damage as well as destroy interrupt armor. CC won't take affect until after the IA is destroyed. So SW to destroy then knockdown with Crush. Even small group(2+) bosses will have IA. Also, interrupting telegraphs boosts dps done to the mob. Having 2 abilities to do so would be important I imagine. Shockwave would also be a good ability to use before Blade Dance on melee. Since it's only a 8m knockback, it puts melee just out of range yet they're still in reach of Blade Dance.