1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Does race effect actual gameplay?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by D3athcr33ps, Sep 10, 2013.

1. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

I have a few questions about races:
    1. Do the races have a different set of abilities? Say in WoW a nightelf can stealth and a tauren has a stun, would this be the case in wildstar?

2. Does a human warrior have the same stats as a granok warrior? Obviously if the granok hits harder than a human with the same exact gear than the min/maxers will pick the best race.

3. Do the races move the same? Do the bigger classes move slower or do the thin classes jump higher? It would be an interesting mechanic if one character Luigi jumped higher than a princess peach that could glide.

4. Do classes have the same hit box? If I pick a small character will it be harder to hit? The big characters in team fortress were just a big target.

5. Do the races have separate quests? If I reroll an alt will there be a drastically different play experience? Are there different quests for each race?

6. Are the races just a purely aesthetic feature in pvp? I would hate to get to the level cap and realize that I should have played a different race/ path and realize that I crippled myself from day 1.

Thanks!
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Extatica and D3athcr33ps like this.
  3. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

Nice! I'm kind of bummed out I can't play a stalker Chua, easy come easy go.
  4. Zenatsu

Zenatsu Cupcake-About-Town

as far as starting zones. Some races will share areas. like the chua and the draken share the same area (from a play through, the dev said "This is the chua and draken starting zone")

So I assume races will be paired in starting areas. Probably to cut down on making each race its own unique area (which costs time and money). However, there is a possibility their quest line is different (lore wise and what you do). But I'm just speculating at this point.
  5. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

Oh, it'd be cool if the Draken or maybe the Aurin ran on all fours when they don't have their weapons drawn. Like the Charr in GW2. Not that it actually affects gameplay only some animations. Just made them seem more beastial.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I do kind of hope that individual races have unique racial quests and missions. It would be neat to see an Aurin working to rescue survivors on their homeworld or a chua working to assassinate the rest of their litter mates. Even a Mechari trying to debug their own brain.
  7. Esauya

Esauya Cupcake

They mentioned that in Elder Game that depending on your race you will have an easier/harder time purchasing certain skills provided.

It sounded like they had a chart/talent tree that people could invest in when it came to Elder Game. However, a Granok for example, would have to invest more points into something that would require "Int" where they would have to spend less points into something that requires "strength."

Though I do recall that they said they were re-doing all of that system and that they were having issues with it.
    So dunno about that anymore.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Yup they were looking into giving the races ''racial passives'' as in having a -% gold cost in some skills/items, but indeed we do not know if they will make it in-game or not. All we can do is wait for the next Beta-Patchnotes and hope it's in those :up:

The only differences in movement that we have seen now is for example, when you jump with a Chua you come back down and the Chua ''rolls'', while other races won't make that ''roll'' when they land again.

So again these ''differences'' may only be visual/aesthetic as far as we can see now.

(for a better picture it's like the Night Elfs in WoW who had 2 different jumps, and other races just had 1 jump (visual).
    Kataryna likes this.