1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Dominion Hosery?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Menchi, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

So I didn't find any video interviews (doesn't mean they aren't there, I just exhausted my desire to keep looking) but in case anyone was doubting about why some thought the chua would be able to be both of the final two class reveals, I found a few articles.

Massively.com
    Gamebreaker.TV

ZAM.com
    MMORPG.com

Okay, so I had a theory as to why the chua lost the medic but after some thought, I really just don't know.
  2. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

The simple answer is they didn't feel like they had the time to do all the animations. Probably gonna see chua medics in the future, just not at release.
  3. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I think this is most likely the case there is a technically NDA breaking post in the Reddit about how the imbalance of races per faction that can be the Medic class has been a popular topic in the beta for a while , one without any kind of response from Carbine.
  4. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

Psh who needs Chua, let's talk about the lack of any Aurin Medic. ;(
  5. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

People just need to chill about the whole thing. Every race will get almost every class given enough time for the animations I'm betting. Just not at launch.

Oh as a fun side note, Aurin not getting it right away but getting it later would actually make a lot of sense lore wise. They're not good with tech, but given a few years aurins could adapt ^^
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

But then we got another problem.....you know how many times Carbine has said things like ''we rather want a finished product then to ship if off early with note's like 'will be implemented after launch'....''

So no matter how you look at it, it IS strange for they are contradicting themselves. Generally this isn't a good thing if this happens way before any open Beta without any info as to why.

If they don't put it in they go against their own words.
    If they put it in after launch they go against their own words.
    If they put it in before launch they will follow their own words.

See why people are so worked up about it?

Best ting for Carbine now = to TALK to us about this.

Talking or saying things like:
    It will come before launch
    We removed it because of.....
    It will come after launch
    Or something else

People just want to know why they suddenly changed it ;) WHY?!?!?!

Seeing how Carbine does a good job in providing information even about things they'll change (see last beta-break) people find it strange that we haven't heard anything from them.

TL;DR
    Carbine needs to respond = the best way
    Ianpact likes this.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

took the question to Twitter for you people :) somehow I tend to get some answers there
  8. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Well, I don't think those Dominion People should be travelling about on Horsies at all. I mean they should have rockets, and jet packs, and hover-boards, and teleporters! They shouldn't be going all about with their clippity-cloppity, making the street-bots swoop and clean up the street behind them. This is the Dominion after all they should show some dignity in how they....what? What! HOSERY?! (is that even a word?)

[​IMG]
  9. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

I want to know why the Mordesh got 5 classes, and why the Dominion got hosed.

If animation is the issue, why did they spend the time on the Mordesh and not the Chua?

As for the origin of "hosed", we have Canada to thank:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoser
  10. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think in the beginning, and up to this week, lots of people were looking forward to a Chua Stalker of Medic. A lot of people would even trade the Esper to be the Stalker or medic. Instead the Chua are just left with Esper, Spellslinger, and apparently engineer. Compared to the Mordesh who, officially as of now, can be a Stalker as well as Medic, Warrior, and spellslinger.

Even I think Chua should have medics or if not them stalkers. And those demented little rodents disturb me.
  11. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Till I see that Engineer Class Web Page on Wildstar-Online, I wouldn't take anything as "official".
  12. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

I think the Jay and Silent Bob route would have been much more entertaining :(

how am i supposed to /popcorn now
  13. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

It isn't enough to /popcorn at him acting like Cartman?
  14. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

settle down kids
  15. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

[​IMG]
    BLAPPiN likes this.
  16. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Right, but officially right now Dominion is short a medic.

Now, if the Exiles only have 2 races with Engineer, will that make it "fair"?
  17. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

It does bother me that the numbers so far are skewed slightly in exlies favor, as to have the most class options. But you have to realize not all animations are equal when it comes to designing.

The mordesh vs chua classes might just be some internal bugs that just keep coming up. The chua may be harder to animate as they are a small race and require to move much faster when they jump for example. There's a lot going on behind the scenes in video games, and that holds true especially for mmos.

Just give em some time yea? ><D
  18. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

19. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

Praise be to Dog! Let's hope it sticks. Was going to make my character choice very difficult. ><