1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Dominion Races

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Chaii, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

As a female myself, I wholeheartedly agree! I absolutely love the female Draken and Mechari designs! Not only do they look beautiful (in an almost shocking way that you wouldn't expect), but they also are totally badass, which fits WildStar so perfectly. The blend is just flawless!

We can't forget the Cassians!

[​IMG]

How amazing are they? I absolutely adore how decked out in gear this lady is. She has short military hair and isn't wearing anything revealing (which makes sense, if she is going into battle), and yet she still manages to be sexy!

I really am excited to roll both a Draken and a Mechari. Actually, if I'm being honest, I'm excited to roll something in every race (except perhaps the Granok, but only because that's not really my thing). So, just really loving the art style in this game SO freaking much. It was the first thing that caught my attention when I saw this game, and I fell in love with it immediately. It's very Ratchet and Clank meets World of Warcraft and Borderlands. :inlove:

And - yes! I really hope they have tiny races on both sides. Short races are just too cute and adorable to not have running around. (⌒▽⌒)
  2. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Female Draken need more beastface. I was super stoked about getting a reptilian race, but... the face we've seen so far, compared to the males, is extremely disappointing. Crossing my fingers that both the males and females have both beastly and more human-looking options. :\
    Tyto and ObliviousPrime like this.
  3. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

I agree, I love more bad ass and feral women in any form. I'm just hoping we don't have A LOT of overly sexualized gear, just for the sake of it. I want practical, battle ready gear for the females, that's the one thing I couldn't stand about TERA. The female characters should be desireble through their actions and the way they present themselves, not through revealing of the skin.

I'm quite glad this game went with race specific classes, I generally have an EXTREMELY difficult time choosing a race to play in every MMO unless of course they have a shorter race, like with TERA where I rolled primarily Popori. The race specific classes allows me to choose many races I like depending on what classes they can be, it limits my choices but gives me more variety, that's the way I look at it at least. I'm hoping to have a varied array of different race/class combos, and since I'm rather strange, I'll probably try and go for the more peculiar ones.

I loved Ratchet and Clank, one of my most favourite series, and I'm not going to lie, but that's one of the big reasons I'm falling in love with Wildstar, is because it's reminding me of my younger days playing my favourite platformers.

I agree 100%, the whole reason I lean towards more feral, and beastly races is because, they're just that, feral and beastly. If I wanted a more humanized character, I'd roll a human, I'm rather worried about Wildstar's character creator. A lot of MMO's released today have extremely lacking character creators, especially for the less humanized races, I'm hoping Willdstar doesn't fall into that category and actually gives us a wide variety to choose from, as we'll be spending countless hours playing our characters, it only seems natural that we want to differentiate ourselves from the crowd.
  4. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

I usually try to roll different races, but in the end I always end up liking just one, that's why I'm bummed that race restrictions exist.
  5. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Non-humanoid races are underated..
    I agree with you guys, It should be more arms and legs and less human cute faces involved.
    But if they dont start with a source, like an human in this case, the random stuff they could create will freak us out and toooo many possibilities will make this game a nonsense fest.
    Norlamin likes this.
  6. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I hope they release Dominion concept art wallpaper next! There already is wallpaper of the 3 revealed Exile races. I'm hoping they come out with Dominion wallpaper next so I can decorate my desktop with that instead. :p
  7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

I find the female Draken quite awesome looking, but I agree, they look very different from the males. It would be cool if we could get both options, I hope we do. It's sadly all too common to have the males look quite beastly, while the females look almost completely human...

That being said, I do love how they look, and I would be sad to see those models completely gone :)
  8. Phiqu

Phiqu Cupcake-About-Town

We have now a confirmation concerning the last Dominion race.

starspun likes this.
  9. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Confirmation is a bit of a stretch since all Chad says is that they have hinted, but was unwilling to say anything more. Now, that is to say I suspect the little guys are the last race but we've yet to have word one way or the other :)
  10. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

gg Zap, this is already over. :d
  11. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

So someone was right, those little guys literally look like a cross between brain and bartok... weve got ourselves a fortune teller!
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

again i say, it's Master Shifu's! but evil-er!
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I'm gonna request a /chipmunk emote if they are indeed a playable race. :)

JarNod likes this.