1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Dysp - Aha! It's a... !

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Dysp, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

If anyone wants to lend their opinions/critiques, please, you're welcome to. I seem to go blind on my own projects and can't see past a certain point. Input's always great. Thanks!

---
    (original post)
    ...Orange!? ..no?

Hello! I didn't seen any general post for fanart, and so I guess the norm is to open a new thread.

Today, I had the day off and listened to some Nexus Weekly. I had no intention of making any fanart, but while listening, I just found myself drawing an Aurin. She has floating mini neckish-pauldrons or something - I don't know. So here ya go.. if anyone's interested.

Thanks for checking this out. I was a little wary of WildStar last year, but after this recent housing video, they've had me hooked. : P
    ----

Da Drawings (thumbnails open full image in new window)

Exile
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aurin
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Granok
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominion
    Cassian
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chua
    [​IMG]
    Draken
    [​IMG]
    Mechari
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mix
    [​IMG]
    Misc
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I thought it'd be fun to put the progression of a few of my drawings together into sequences. I always like seeing how other artists work, so I thought I might share some of my drawing-progressions as well.
    Female Granok, Female Draken, & Mechari Processes
    Ianpact, Tribe, kaimarshall and 21 others like this.
  2. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Those are gorgeous! :) I love the style and color choices.
  3. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you very much. : )
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  4. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

It most certainly is! Rawr!!

That's a heck of a way to introduce yourself here! XD Absolutely stunning painting! :inlove:

I'll never understand how people can get such AWESOME colours through a black-and-white painting! Whenever I fiddle around with the colourise function in photoshop, I just get uglyness. X(

Again, totally gobsmacking work! :eek: Love all the detail in her face. :inlove:
  5. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you. : D But I actually made the BW after the color. I tried to repaint it from the BW, and it just wasn't working. One of the tricks I do know of, for coloring -- while working from BW, (if using Photoshop) is to use the Color layer setting to set up the colors while retaining the BW values. Usually, you'll need to work on top of the color layer, because the BW won't always blend well with one flat color. It's also difficult to know how colors will behave across values in most blending options. ..I'm still trying to figure it out.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  6. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

The fan creations is quickly becoming my favorite sub-forum here. I may not have an artistic bone in my body, but I sure love other people's sick fan art :)
  7. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

8. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Wonderful work Dysp! Thanks for sharing.
  9. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome work there, I just love it how you talented artists just kinda say
    :mad: Darn it all, really annoys the <REDACTED> out of me :mad: LOL :roflamo: but its still freakin awesome, I have seven different colored pens now and cant draw anything !
  10. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Well thank you for the kind responses. : )

@Maddog, sorry, I didn't mean to come off as being snobby.. doing something else just helps clear my head, and that's just how that drawing was started.
    ---
    Well.. here's another WildStar piece. He may or may not be in a stage of WIP. Also ...he may be floating because his sword 'could be' a giant anti-grav crystal..

The Thinking Rock -WIP
    [​IMG]
    [based on Rodin's The Thinker (even if that one was actually bronze) and Granok armor screenshots (I did not want to paint a nude Granok, fyi)]
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  11. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

I decided to finish up the the "Thinking Rock", and so here it is. I kinda of made the Granok ape-proportioned.. I don't think they have that long of arms. : /

edit: moved image to top post (The Thinking Rock)​

Edit: Link to the larger image (I couldn't figure out how to resize it for the forum post). http://i.imgur.com/99YzEBr.jpg
  12. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Another fantastic painting, Dysp! Granok do actually have longer arms-to-rest-of-body ratios than humans do, so anatomy-wise, he looks fine in my book! ;)

Darn 'choose your path' dilemma is one I'm still struggling with! :p
    Dysp likes this.
  13. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you. :) ..Yeah.. the only path I can say I'll likely rule out for my main is Soldier.. but Explorer, Scientist, and Settler all sound great. Those pesky ...choices.. : /
  14. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

...just because. :p

edit: ​
    moved image to top post (The Way of the Stone)​
    Khrusky and InnocentCivilian like this.
  15. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Wow, great style!! :inlove:
    Dysp likes this.
  16. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you! :)
  17. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Hello again... more fanart... :)

A female Granok with some type of gun..

edit: moved image to top post (Female Granok)​

The gun's design was an afterthought. It went through several iterations, but I don't know what to do with it now. It started off much smaller, and I'm just now realizing the bullet (the green thing) never was scaled up. So... well... bleh.

Anyways, thanks for checking my fanart thread out!
    Ender, Fate Flyer, Evion and 4 others like this.
  18. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

Very nice work, Dysp! :up:
    Dysp likes this.
  19. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Your style is awesome, your characterization is fantastic and I think you are breaking new ground with the female granok fan art. Love your stuff!
    Dysp likes this.
  20. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you! :D

Thank you too! :) I don't know why I chose a female granok.. maybe I have a thing for rocks.. :confused: