1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Dysp - Aha! It's a... !

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Dysp, Apr 1, 2013.

1. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Hhaaaha! Oh my goodness, that is just so hilarious/awesome! XD

I imagine the Exiles have just all gone crazy and are hurling boulders with armour and weapons strapped onto them at the enemy, thinking they're sentient. XD

And THIS is just FRICKIN AWESOME.

Holy <REDACTED>, you and your painting skills! :mad:

Female Granok fanart is certainly a rarity, and this is just an amazing rendition of one! Love the expression, the style, the colours! ^__^
    Dysp likes this.
  2. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you very much! Boulders can still pack a wallop! ..sentient or not. :p
  3. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

That rock with a bandoleer, pauldron, and sword is great :up: Female Granok very cool, plus the weapon could be some sort of burst/grenade launcher or the ammo could even expand - as it appears to be a vile.
    Dysp likes this.
  4. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks!

I didn't think of that, of the "gun" being a grenade launcher. It very well could be! It's kind of hard to make out, but the "bullet" is vial of NDA. It was originally going to be a helix inside, thus being DNA.. but seeing how we don't know for sure what the next two classes are, I thought NDA was more appropriate. So, that "gun", at the very least, shoots expanding rounds of NDA!? :p
  5. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

WOW! Incredible new drawing! The coloring on the female Granok is just gorgeous, Dysp. :) I really adore your painterly style! :D
    Dysp likes this.
  6. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you! I prefer the smudgy-painting style because I find it much more difficult to make exact clear lines and sharp contrasts that still fit together as a whole. It's sort of a way to hide some of my weaknesses. ...which I really shouldn't do. :)
  7. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Hello, I'm adding another drawing, a female draken spellslinger. :) I sat on this for awhile as I was royally stuck, but I finally decided to go forward with what I had. Thanks for checking it out!

[​IMG]
    Joukehainen, Evion, Eluldor and 4 others like this.
  8. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I love it! your style is so cool, and your Draken looks amazing. Not only is your attention to detail and overall design great, but this piece has fantastic movement in it and looks very much "alive".
    Dysp likes this.
  9. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you. :)
  10. Jackie1st

Jackie1st Cupcake

Nice job, I really like your take on the female Granok and Draken.
    Dysp likes this.
  11. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

This right here is my favorite style! It looks like official concept art!
    Dysp likes this.
  12. Kylari Squeak

Kylari Squeak Cupcake

most excellent work! I love the painterly approach!
    Dysp likes this.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Awesome, I think your Draken turned out really well. :)
    Dysp likes this.
  14. Eluldor

Pretty awesome spellslinging Draken there. The action, the movement, the firing, yep that's WildStar none of this no attacking while moving :) (well except for a few moves haha) Hope you do more, maybe even a character from each race - Mechari next, if you need something to go on!
    Dysp likes this.
  15. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Maaaan, that is super-awesome! I love the painterly style of it all, and the atmosphere of the piece combined with the action makes it really fun to sit and look at!
    Dysp likes this.
  16. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

You've got an awesome style to your work. I like the strong sense of motion in you Draken spellslinger pic. Very good arts. ^^
    Dysp likes this.
  17. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Hey, thank you for the comments everyone.

Thanks. I do like drawing the ladies -- human, creature, or mineral. :)

Wow, thank you, that's very kind. My main focus was to make a quirky-ish face. I had a rather hard time making one I liked, because Granoks don't have actual eyebrows.

Thanks! I've always liked the look of oils and speed-paintings, so I guess I do kind of have that painterly preference. But the result is probably more due to me fudging details. :p

Thank you. She sat in a state of incompletion for nearly two weeks, because I didn't know what to do with her. So, I'm happy to hear that. :)

Thanks, I am still missing a mechari. That's a good idea. hmm.. well I might be adding one soon. :p

Thanks! I'm glad it's fun to look at. :D ..It's odd to think anyone would actually sit and look at my drawings... :alien:
  18. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

I'm adding two more quicker drawings..

The warmup.. the more I worked on this, the more disfigured the poor little creature became. : / ...I think this is a skeetch (?).. I'm not sure. I just saw a picture of one of these and wanted to draw one.
    [​IMG]

Here's my first mechari. It didn't come out quite how I was imagining. I may work on this more later.
    [​IMG]

These two were mostly done in one layer on PS and oddly were started from the same blob blocking-out rough. Thanks for checking them out!
  19. Eluldor

That Mechari is one shadowy dark looking stalker. :ninja: Watch yourselves :cautious:
    Dysp likes this.
  20. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Updating my Mechari, he looked all sorts of funky. I figured he needed more symmetry for being a robot, and I tweaked a few other things I didn't like.
    [​IMG]

Also edited my main post to clean it up.