1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Dysp - Aha! It's a... !

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Dysp, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I want a poster of the Mechari, so awesome. :)
    Dysp and Fate Flyer like this.
  2. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

NICE!!

Both the Draken female and the Mechari are absolutely astounding! The way that you paint is just beautiful. I wish I could do backgrounds like you too! The update to the Mechari with those gorgeous yet deadly-looking blades makes me for some reason think of Transistor (or maybe it's your painterly style altogether), which makes me think - crazy awesome! :D

Nice work! Keep it coming!
    Dysp and Kurik like this.
  3. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks! I usually work in RGB, so I'd need to tweak the color some if it were to ever be printed because of RGB to CMYK conversion. Looks like the brightest pinks are really the only colors that don't transfer over that well.

Thank you. :) My backgrounds are just blobs and scribblings. A quick way to establish a background is just throw a gradient down or soft brush strokes in a similar manner as to where your light is, and then just throw basic shapes on top of that, blending it in with the background. That's usually the extent of my backgrounds. Using oddly shaped brushes always speeds things up too.

Nicholas Kay has a really great way of making backgrounds, much better than I have ever been able to do (video is sorta NSFW). He works on the background later on in the video and works more on the character at the beginning.

Fate Flyer likes this.
  4. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Hello! Throwing in an update.. One new, two old. Current WIP Cassian, what I thought a "chua" was roughly going to be (back before I really saw anything on them), but really it's just a silly looking cat with cartoony eyes. :p .. and a sketch I did back when Carbine first hinted at the beta announcement. (Font came from Rai's Sig Thread) Thanks for checking my thread out!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Luc and Revon like this.
  5. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Hello... more WildStar stuff. After reading the Female Armor Aesthetics and Female Granok? threads, I wanted to try-my-hand at drawing a heavier framed Granok lady. So here's the 2 WIP attempts alongside my earlier female Granok fanart. Thanks for stopping by!
    [​IMG]
    Vyver likes this.
  6. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Blarg.. I wanted to get this finished this week, but I just haven't had the time. So I decided I'd upload my line and color sketch. I was trying to make a WildStar mashup, like the old WC3 poster by Didier. My drawings still a mess, bleh... but, well, I guess here's the basic idea.

[​IMG]
    Jynetik likes this.
  7. Spug

Spug New Cupcake

Some really great stuff is in here! Keep it up all, we are checking these out as well :)
    Dysp likes this.
  8. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

Well-done! keep doing the great art! you got talent, hope to see some new stuff!
    Dysp likes this.
  9. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks, WildStar projects will likely keep me drawing for awhile, at least until the game releases. :)

Thanks! I hope to finish up my rough drawings and keep on drawing WildStar related stuff.
  10. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Ha.. I had to dig back pretty far to find this fan art thread of mine..

I haven't finished many of my larger WildStar fan art projects (some have been sitting unfinished for up to two months now :eek:)
    ...anyhoo.. I had a silly idea tonight while reading the forums. "What if the Eldan designed a more portable Mechari?"

..And so what was a 5 minute sketch turned into an hour drawing. Here is my eggshaped Mechari. ...I'm going to call it a Mechari Shocktrooper. :p (of course it's just a chibi-like drawing.. I cant say that I've really drawn chibis much before)

[​IMG]

I just noticed that it looks like he's wearing orange diapers.. maybe they provide him a tactical advantage.

...Thanks for stopping by!
    drmorg, Inukeu and Luc like this.
  11. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

I always seem to be drawing WildStar fanart, but lately, I've rarely gotten past sketches. It's been well over a month though since I've worked on anything WS related. After last week's new video, my hype was a bit re-energized.

So here's one of two versions of my Granok "Medic" WIP. I just went with lines and flats for now. I still haven't worked out the paddle-things yet or all of the armor. I kind of imagined them being made out of portal gun material. (lol.. okay, it just now occurred to me that the paddles looks like a 3-legged squid.. I'll fix that later :p). If you're at all interested you can see the blue primary version here.

[​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by! :D
  12. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

While listening to some backlog of Nexus Weeklies, I finally decided to finish my tentatively titled "Evil Cassian" drawing, which I started back in May. :eek: My ideas for this drawing where extremely fragmented. Every time I sat down to draw WS stuff, I always would be thinking about this unfinished piece. So for better or worse, I'm calling it finished. The end idea was Skeetch assassin, which I was calling "Skeetching Banshee". : / The ~Skeetch has a Roman-ish helm because... ???

And here's the masked version:

[​IMG]
    Jynetik, Tribe, Inukeu and 1 other person like this.
  13. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I love it! very well painted, and I love the expression and the Skeech shoulder piece :D
    Dysp likes this.
  14. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you! :)
  15. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

wow thats really good!
    Dysp likes this.
  16. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Well, thank you. I fought with this for quite awhile, so that is nice to hear. :D
  17. sauercrowd

sauercrowd New Cupcake

Wow these are fantastic! I'm really loving the Mechari artwork. You may draw a Mechari-Warrior? Would love to see one in your style.
    Dysp likes this.
  18. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

- steps out of the closet-
    I've been lurking you! I love the way you color, I'm so jelly :<
    Dysp likes this.
  19. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you. I did start working on a pair of Mechari Warriors, but I got somewhat stuck on what exactly I was doing with the drawing.

No need to lurk! :D But, thank you. Magenta, Cyan, and Orange, those are the only colors you need. :p Honestly though, color is the part I find the most difficult, and so I try to focus on it the most. I mainly use a hard, opacity scaled by pressure, brush and then mix stuff. ..and then if I don't like it, I cheat and change it with PS.. or start over.
  20. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Here's a pair of Mechari warriors. I didn't give them any armor.. so I guess they're both nude. :eek: I also didn't want to clean up my small lines and so I put a cleaner, heavy line over them to hopefully hide their scribbliness. I kinda left the guy mechari's sword in a scribbly state though.

Just lines:
    [​IMG]

With a bit of grey-color to see the forms a bit better:
    [​IMG]
    Jynetik and Pocketz like this.