1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Dysp - Aha! It's a... !

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Dysp, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome sauce! Diggin your stuff!
    Dysp likes this.
  2. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

I was working on another WS project tonight. I got a little distracted and so I quickly followed through with the distraction. My main idea had three characters.. and they weren't hurling psychic feline apparitions. Here's the distraction. I might add to this later.

[​IMG]

It's really cool to see the increased activity in the Fan Creations sub-forum. Hopefully more and more people will add to it. :D
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I like this too and I hope to contribute to it more but school is eating me. :( Plus I need things to draw and the perv inside of me only wants to draw women. :cry:
    Dysp likes this.
  4. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Just draw women then. :D Women are fun awesome to draw. Though, if you get stuck drawing, try scribbling until you see some form or idea and take off from there. You can build off of some previous experience you had, or something you saw. You can find an artist you really like and try to draw like him or her. Or. You could ask around for ideas. The best part of drawing is you can do absolutely anything. And. If you need help with something, you can go to the internet and find references!

You can have a lot of fun with drawing in general. The best advice I could say is: don't be hard on yourself and just have fun with your ideas. I know I hindered myself a lot by worrying about how good something was. Usually the more I worried, the worse off it'd be. The other main stumbling block I've had was that I wanted to be original. It prevented me from wanting to use references, and I nixed many ideas just because of their lack of originality. I realized that if you sit and wait for the perfect idea, you'll never find it. You just got to try stuff out and see where they go. Even if something is completely unoriginal, drawing it will at least provide you with practice.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

It's like writing in other words, which is also something I'm doing and I am working on a major fantasy series ATM. :)

I just need more freetime where I can just plant my ass down and draw for several hours. College is robbing me of delicious time! D:
  6. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

If you're writing stories, you should be set for subjects to draw. And yes, drawing is a lot like writing. I frequently discuss the topic about the two with one of my childhood friends who is now a professional writer. It's kind of shocking how similar they really are.

And good luck with your series!

Damn that evil college! ;)
  7. Xlugon Pyro

I will be, but not right now. I'm still in the early stages of outlining the first book, creating characters, creatures, settings, and other important things. I'm also not inspired to draw much of it yet since I want to create the world and the story first which is more writing/typing than drawing at this point. Drawing will become an elaboration on what's already been conceptualized and taking it a step further. That's why I'll try to draw subjects from other things I like and enjoy in the mean time, like WildStar characters. :) I plan to do a draken soon with a different mood than my aurin.

Thanks, and yes college is evil, but hopefully I can learn the basics of the game industry because I'd love to land a career there as a game designer. :)
  8. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

SEXY!