1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Econ Devblog - Circuit Board Crafting

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

I will now look at socks differently from now on.
    Jynetik likes this.
  2. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

3. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Just hope this does not turn out to be a second job, but looking forward to crafting.
  4. Demalus

Demalus New Cupcake

Hey all,

I was reading through a lot of the item mod posts and had a different take on what the dev's were asking for when they wanted suggestions. I read the quote as asking for feedback on additional chip types rather than equipment for current chip schematics. So here is my idea, please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

I believe a unique idea would be to have a crafted chip that would replace a skill chip which would provide a group oriented temporary buff. This buff would be random based off the character's class.

I believe his would add additional unique qualities to equipment layouts and further prevent BiS itemization.

How it works. Instead of having a weapon with an attack you would place a randomized buff chip in its place. This buff would be a chance on hit or chance on cast proc. The buff would be unique in quality or duration, possibly even he only source of said buff. An example would be; instead of taking a staff with a instant resurrect skill you would choose to have a random group buff on proc that could potentially complete heal a group.

How to prevent OP: if more than 1 character proc's the same buff, that proc will do nothing. This will prevent a whole 40 man raid from having multiple stacks of unique buffs and would add a degree of group equipment specs by guild leaders. Also it may be reasonable to cap the amount of unique buffs from said chip on a group at one time.

It may also be interesting to have additional chips that would take the place of stat increasing chips which would increase the % of the buff chip's proc rate.

Lastly; I believe this could be a fun an intricate way to add to character value to raids wihout loosing he risk vs reward aspect the devs seem to be looking for. Having to pick between a garaunteed skill and the chance to turn the tide on a boss fight as well as taking proc chance over passive stats would be an intersting twist to character itemization.

Thx for your time.