1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Emergent AI - StoryBricks beefs up EQNext

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Konoko, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

When the folks at Sony Online Entertainment talk about Emergent AI a lot of people in the MMO community are like "whu uu whut?"

What is happening right now behind the scenes at the EQ Next HQ is that StoryBricks is providing a system for Emergent AI that will bring totally new concepts into EQ Next. These concepts will provide gamers with something they have not really seen before. NPC's and Mobs will have new rules of behavior and will remember events that occur in game and act according to their prime directives (just had to toss Star Trek in there). This creates a consistent behavior that breathes more life into the non player characters and monsters that live in the world. When you talk about player immersion this is something we have not seen too much of. A game like Skyrim has a lot of permanent change to it that players love but they don't have too much of this Emergent AI. EQ Next will have both of these things.

I for one am excited to see how this plays out. If you are interested in this you should read the following article.

How StoryBricks is helping EQ Next:
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/-in...rybricks-are-helping-to-shape-everquest-next-

A good video discussing how this will work (we think) in EQ Next:
  2. Wildebeest

Wildebeest Cupcake

You seem to be much more interested in EQN than Wildstar judging from all your posts... may I suggest finding an EQN forum as opposed to raving about a non-Wildstar MMO here...
  3. Konoko

I am posting in the gaming thread. If it offends you that is just too bad. You should perhaps realize a lot of people here are very interested in other games than just wildstar. Look through the history of this thread and you will see a lot of posts about other games. That is why this forum exists. I'm not a cheerleader for EQNext I just want to share the correct information so people can evaluate the game.

Furthermore, I post in this forum because we have some nice and intelligent folks here. I like some of them and want to stay in touch with WildStar players I've met through WildStar Central even though I will not be playing WildStar.
    Sonntam likes this.
  4. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

But if you are interested in a (wildstar-central)ish forum I would recommend eqnexus forums, quite a good community.

P.S. : Storybricks is pretty awesome. I had to watch 2 of Dave Marks lectures after hearing about what they're working on over there. Really interesting stuff.
    Konoko likes this.
  5. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Cool game.
  6. Konoko

I'll check out EQNexus. Thanks
  7. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town