1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

End Game & Raiding

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Jinxis, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Gjsk

Gjsk New Cupcake

Also, it's fine that 40 mans is your main selling point, the game has a lot more in it than just 40 man raids, for me. I'm really just stating my "thoughts" on the matter, no personal sleights were intended. I still feel that 40 man raids is a feature that hurts more than helps the game, for aforementioned reasons, but I've stated my reasons and that is where it ends, for me.

Again, I apologize if anything I said came off as personal. I seem to have met some strong proponents for this feature, so my disagreement may have come off as provocative.
    Naunet likes this.
  2. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Well, personally I had a great overall experience with 40 man raids. There were of course times where it was a pain to form up, or people got discouraged/raged at some things but they were, luckily, few. Mostly stemmed from the guild I was with and their recruitment policies.

As far as difficulty goes the Devs have stated that they want raids to be "hard". They want them to he for the hardcore player and they can adjust that difficulty with a few button presses. You could make any part of the game difficult, but you have to balance it. Each mob in the world could require a raid to kill it but that's not going to appeal to the masses. The same could be said for raiding. Especially large-scale raids. It's a niche the developers intend to cater to. It doesn't make everyone happy and not everyone will do them, but it's up to each individual to decide whether or not missing that added content, for whatever reason, is a deal breaker.

The game seems like it's going to offer a lot of content, for a lot of different types of players. Hopefully, people can overlook this one facet aimed at we, the people, who enjoy the big raid.
  3. Jech

Jech New Cupcake

I love that they are returning to the 40 man raid composition. Those were the most enjoyable memories of my raiding experience.
    A couple of things I want/hope for with the end game:
    1. I really miss the idea of earning gear. I know some people do not have the time to invest into raiding, and there should be gear available to these players, but I want exclusive sets for raiding.
    2. Dramatic locales. Epic settings where you feel like you are doing something important for nexus. I want storylines that accompany the raids and from what I have read carbine is already planning this.
    3. Like the OP stated, one of the best experiences for me with raiding was the level of competition between guilds. I hope content is hard, and clearing a raid will feel like a feat. Friendly competition within a server adds so much to the experience
    Mailroomclerk likes this.